Black Desert

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You on PC? Mousewheel to zoom the camera out would be my guess.
Something odd with display for fullscreen/windowed was told to switch to fullscreen and back, fixed it for camera not turning right and the messed up camera. Seems fine now, aside from trying to find the right scaling to to get rid of blurry ui.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I had a similar issue with the ultrawide monitor, I can't quite remember what the problem was, but a client restart basically fixed it. I don't scale the UI at all at 2k UW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Scaling the UI at all made everything blurry for me. Had to go back to 100% UI scaling to fix it.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
100% is far to small for me, 130ish is best I could get, don't notice the slight blur as long as I can read text clear.

This game is kind of a surprise, I long assumed it was some PVP oriented P2W shitshow. I realize the P2W elements still exist, but nothing has been forced on me yet, and I've already been thrown useful things free, like inv space, mount,lvl 4 pet ect, and I only hit lvl 10 before I went to bed. First asian game I've played that allows me to fully rebind keys, mind blown. Even dyson sphere has that crap.

Might just catch my interest for awhile, I'll see once I get leveled up. While I do like Lost Ark, it breaks down into a game where you have to watch a calendar to do what essentially amounts to dailys/rep, and even if I learn the mechanics perfectly, I won't be accepted into public groups unless I'm getting carried, until I grind out roster xp, skill points, stat points, combat xp, and all the collections and side quests to actually acquire some of that, for months.

Sandbox MMO might catch me too, I haven't played a MMO like this since SWG. Even when the game was near dead, I could be a happy autist collecting/farming shit to add to the hoarder house.

Molten Core Raider
While I do like Lost Ark, it breaks down into a game where you have to watch a calendar to do what essentially amounts to dailys/rep, and even if I learn the mechanics perfectly, I won't be accepted into public groups unless I'm getting carried, until I grind out roster xp, skill points, stat points, combat xp, and all the collections and side quests to actually acquire some of that, for months.

Sandbox MMO might catch me too, I haven't played a MMO like this since SWG. Even when the game was near dead, I could be a happy autist collecting/farming shit to add to the hoarder house.
That's exactly why I bailed on LA. I hated having to be a slave to a calendar to get things done. Certain islands appearing on certain days/times, etc, just wasnt fun to feel cockblocked by what felt like a video game event planner. World bosses are scheduled in BDO and that's about it. If youre chasing certain bosses, then you will need to keep an eye on spawn schedules, but your playtime definitely wont revolve around them (except for maybe Vell, once you get established in game, make yourself a Vell alt).

BDO has an almost endless supply of goals you can set for yourself and each one will take you down a different rabbit hole that you can spend endless hours doing. If you're down with setting your own goals and not having to have a guided experience, you're gonna enjoy this I think.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
100% is far to small for me, 130ish is best I could get, don't notice the slight blur as long as I can read text clear.

This game is kind of a surprise, I long assumed it was some PVP oriented P2W shitshow. I realize the P2W elements still exist, but nothing has been forced on me yet, and I've already been thrown useful things free, like inv space, mount,lvl 4 pet ect, and I only hit lvl 10 before I went to bed. First asian game I've played that allows me to fully rebind keys, mind blown. Even dyson sphere has that crap.

Might just catch my interest for awhile, I'll see once I get leveled up. While I do like Lost Ark, it breaks down into a game where you have to watch a calendar to do what essentially amounts to dailys/rep, and even if I learn the mechanics perfectly, I won't be accepted into public groups unless I'm getting carried, until I grind out roster xp, skill points, stat points, combat xp, and all the collections and side quests to actually acquire some of that, for months.

The P2W is somewhat localized, and isn't THAT impactful other than a few key things(the tent is still very good I believe, and that's a chunk of money, but if you buy it when it's on sale it's ok and it's a one time account purchase, so you can mentally shelf it as an "expansion" purchase or something). Don't know how it is nowadays but selling stuff for silver was absolutely terrible rates so it's not as rampant as other games where you can somewhat easily drop 500$ and get a big boost in progress, in BDO it feels like your money is wasted with how little you can get for skins and stuff versus just grinding even low lvl spots. Stuff like horse/fairy reroll is where it's most obvious, and doing item upgrades yourself versus buying the pieces, but you only hit these pretty late and can easily ignore it for a long time(or forever even, don't need perfect horse/fairy to do anything).

The PvP is also fairly specific, mostly it's once in a while getting ganked by a red, or getting killed by some guy who wants your grinding spot(and that's getting lessened with some of the changes in KR). I think last time I played like 600 hours and ran into pvp like 3 times.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

BDO is nothing like at launch when spending money on certain things, like outfits pets, tears, etc.. was almost mandatory.

Most of those items they give a way free on a regular basis now, or can be bought off the auction house. New and returning players get a bundle of stuff just to show up.

So the need to pull out the credit card is very rare. It really depends on your ability to wait for the next giveaway. They still are very good at getting impatient people like me to throw my money away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
C Cynical If you do decide to spend money on BDO, I would suggest getting items that will be Account wide first; Tent / Value Pack / Pets, save the Character specific stuff until you've tried out several classes to find the one that just feels right.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Any guilds? Notice theres daily rewards for guild members too. I'm not the type to beg for shit or ask for help all the time, just a place to chill.

Not even sure how the servers work, they all linked as I understand?
BDO is nothing like at launch when spending money on certain things, like outfits pets, tears, etc.. was almost mandatory.

Most of those items they give a way free on a regular basis now, or can be bought off the auction house. New and returning players get a bundle of stuff just to show up.

So the need to pull out the credit card is very rare. It really depends on your ability to wait for the next giveaway. They still are very good at getting impatient people like me to throw my money away.
I don't mind spending money on games, it's when they shove it in your face everywhere, and you feel like your gimped unless you spend 50-100$ just to enjoy the basic game. When the system is more "you can get if you invest your time, but here's an option to pay to skip and save your time" then I can enjoy the game, and not feel like I'm walking through a street market in Baghdad.

I played some old mobile MMO Celtic Heroes long time ago when I was laid up in hospital and remember spending too much money on that game (thanks painkillers!), unless you spent money on gear & luxury items, you were a complete gimp, I seem to recall other shit that required money at high levels too. That game is the style of F2P/P2W I despise.
C Cynical If you do decide to spend money on BDO, I would suggest getting items that will be Account wide first; Tent / Value Pack / Pets, save the Character specific stuff until you've tried out several classes to find the one that just feels right.
Oh I'm still in the glorious "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, but I'm having fun!" phase, I don't have a clue what most of the stuff in my inventory is for yet, once I find a storage, I'm just going to stash everything that isn't junk. I haven't had anything jump out and make me feel like I need to spend money at all yet, the tent looks useful, the value pack only lasts 90 days, or am I misunderstanding that? Guessing it's similar idea to the Lost Ark buff? All the new character stuff is labelled sold out, I assume thats because I made a character back in February, but didn't actually login?

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The pearl store basically trolled me. There's some kind of particle effect behind the store window, and it looked like flies crawling on side of my screen, made me get up and feel like a retard.

352094_c1f77.gif

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure buying value packs is worthwhile early game. Heck, really only if you're super active and need the marketplace buff.

The rest of what you get is kind of a piss poor value compared to what a subscription in a normal game would be.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I have 14 days left on the value pack buff anyway(didn't notice before) Not sure where it came from, I haven't spent a cent, even got the game free off steam in the winter.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Enjoy the lost feeling, it's rare these days.

Starting again on the SEA server felt like a cheatcode for me. Add in seasons and I was up to speed and even past my NA characters within 2 months.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not sure buying value packs is worthwhile early game. Heck, really only if you're super active and need the marketplace buff.

The rest of what you get is kind of a piss poor value compared to what a subscription in a normal game would be.

I mainly use them for merv's palette, but I have like 4 or 5 months worth of free ones saved up. Shame they don't seem to give them away any more.

Molten Core Raider
I have 14 days left on the value pack buff anyway(didn't notice before) Not sure where it came from, I haven't spent a cent, even got the game free off steam in the winter.
The new/returning player reward value pack is applied automatically as soon as you get it I believe, it's no longer an item that drops into your inventory.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

Big thing I would say if you want to spend money on is the tent. The storage is ok, but the ability to get the buffs and the potion restock is nice if you are lazy like me. Maids are a godsend doing life skills and long grinding sessions, but you will get several for free during the year, so if you can wait its not as bad.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made some gains today. Clicked my MH Godr to TRI, and Dahn's to DUO. Outta high failstacks now though, lol. Then Bloodstorm finally dropped the Ragged Wing...so a new long term goal is set. Been trying to focus on gearing up to 700GS+, but its nasty difficult. Think I'll be stuck at 692 when the new xpac comes out later this year.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The new/returning player reward value pack is applied automatically as soon as you get it I believe, it's no longer an item that drops into your inventory.
I got an additional 8 days so far from playing. So 20+ days of that value pack, still getting inv + ect too, I'm only 19 I think, prob going to be a bunch more stuff in the next 40 levels. This game really is newbie friendly, I really haven't invested much time yet either. Shitloads of people in first big town, looks like launch day for a major MMO.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got an additional 8 days so far from playing. So 20+ days of that value pack, still getting inv + ect too, I'm only 19 I think, prob going to be a bunch more stuff in the next 40 levels. This game really is newbie friendly, I really haven't invested much time yet either. Shitloads of people in first big town, looks like launch day for a major MMO.
Use the remaining time of the current Season to learn game systems, to get comfortable with a class or classes. Do this to prepare for the next Season when you can take full advantage of what it offers to boost your account.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Use the remaining time of the current Season to learn game systems, to get comfortable with a class or classes. Do this to prepare for the next Season when you can take full advantage of what it offers to boost your account.

Also, can't you transfer or copy your progress from your season character to a new character? I've never done it, so I'm hazy on the details, but would probably be useful for him.