Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shit missed the ticket to sell my Deathblow, I didn't think too much of it when they announced the addon shit but it does kill Deathblow for many classes and the lightstones are only used in this set, now there's a ton for sale and already "lost" 2b. Should have listed that when I did Girins yesterday. Oh well it's not that much money anyway I guess, once it hits min price they'll eventually sell I guess.

They did a dev stream in Korea today btw, announced a few things coming, Ball is Dec 15-16th(there's a notice page on the official website with the time, depends on timezone) and there's an event leading to it with a big raffle and obviously a J hammer.

Molten Core Raider
Ive only been halfway paying attention to BDO lately, what do the addon changes do to the Deathblow setup? Im using it on my Lahn atm and have been kinda feeling the urge to play more again. Should i hang onto it or sell/switch to something else?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ive only been halfway paying attention to BDO lately, what do the addon changes do to the Deathblow setup? Im using it on my Lahn atm and have been kinda feeling the urge to play more again. Should i hang onto it or sell/switch to something else?
Well the addon changes mean you can get 30% crit from addons, while before usually classes favored putting 30AP and 10% atk/cast speed on T3 addons(and usually only had enough to keep just that up) and ended with crit% on T2 addons for 20% crit. So effectively you can get +10% crit now from addons, assuming the change goes live as is and all that. For some classes that 10% is enough to get 100%, or close enough that deathblow doesn't matter as much. I believe some classes it's still good(notably Shai cause they have no crit on their skills, and I heard Wizard too, not sure about others) but for most classes it seems ppl are switching, so they're dumping their Blade lightstones. Looking at it after the change though I'm not even sure why it was recommended for Maegu, it only affects 2 skills I think, granted they're good skills but feels a bit meh.

Been grinding knowledge the past couple of days, completed all the energy giving stuff in Balenos(minus Illya I have to go do a couple quests over there next time I take my boat), Serendia and Calpheon and now working on Mediah. Up to 530 energy which feels quite nice, I'd like to get 600ish though before I stop so still stuff to go. I have a fair few spots to get ecology on still that I can do at my current gear levels but I've been too lazy to bother.

Molten Core Raider
Always feels like there's so much I need to do when i play this game. My DP really needs some attention, only at 368 atm. Biggest/most direct DP bump I can get is getting the Dahn Gloves finished, but I need more caphras than I can afford. I could also use the upgraded Vells Heart for the DP, so I can either grind Saunils for the despairs or go back to the Blood Wolves to finish that pot piece (and hopefully get Kagtunaks, Im sitting on 5 crystals of harmony atm) so I can sell a finished HP pot and buy a few thousand caphras. Im really tired of the damn blood wolves though...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Once some of these class changes land, I will most likely go exploring. Is lahn fairly protected (forward/super) armor? How differently does it play compared to zerker?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Today was a good day, got to 7k family fame by finishing my last tagged char, finished my first cup doing so which I sold for a nice 5b, randomly hit the jackpot and found a Millenium Ginseng while leveling gathering for another easy 6b and then gave boss rush a run and almost done clearing C6 of every boss. Even cleared a C7 while I was at it(Apex Changun, honestly took way too long, didn't have the dmg for the dmg check at the end so had to time V right but kept messing it up, or dying to any of the random bullshit before that). Tried Imoogi C6 though and after 3-4 tries I said fuck this shit I'll do it after the nerfs, randomly dying to lightning because you made the obvious mistake of standing still for .5s to cast a skill, guess you die.

Have like 22b sitting in the bank now so time to buy awakening weap and start working on some DP, probably will PEN Jetina and C4 a couple of pieces for now then back to grinding for more AP.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Always feels like there's so much I need to do when i play this game. My DP really needs some attention, only at 368 atm. Biggest/most direct DP bump I can get is getting the Dahn Gloves finished, but I need more caphras than I can afford. I could also use the upgraded Vells Heart for the DP, so I can either grind Saunils for the despairs or go back to the Blood Wolves to finish that pot piece (and hopefully get Kagtunaks, Im sitting on 5 crystals of harmony atm) so I can sell a finished HP pot and buy a few thousand caphras. Im really tired of the damn blood wolves though...
You should be able to grind Lower Sycraia or Kratuga for decent Caphras with 368DP, depending on your AP. Sure, it isn't going to print Caphras stones like Lower Gyfin or Dehkia Thornwood do, but they're decent enough. Jade Forest is also in that range and is solid Caphras. Especially if you do the dailies and get the extra 15 or so. Lots of dust there as well and a highly efficient Agris spot.
Even cleared a C7 while I was at it(Apex Changun, honestly took way too long, didn't have the dmg for the dmg check at the end so had to time V right but kept messing it up, or dying to any of the random bullshit before that). Tried Imoogi C6 though and after 3-4 tries I said fuck this shit I'll do it after the nerfs, randomly dying to lightning because you made the obvious mistake of standing still for .5s to cast a skill, guess you die.
Yeah, I finally got C7 pig king down with my witch last week at 8:05. I fucked up my skills at around the 7m mark pretty badly, so I feel like I could probably squeeze out a 7:30 or so. It's about the only C7 boss I can do with just a Frenzy + Courage. I got really close with Bamboo, but I just always end up getting fucked by archers. And I'm not willing to pop a full fucking elixir rotation for C7s. I usually just do C2-C6 pig for my weekly, but decided to go C3-C7 this week.

People who claim that AP/DP don't matter there are fucking trolling though. It 1000% matters. I could never beat the timer on C7 pig when I was around 280AP/370DP. I'm sitting at 294/391 now and that's when I was finally able to pull off the kill. I'll probably stick to C2-C6 again though, until I get my AP/DP into the 305/401 range. Then I'll probably just go perma C3-C7, depending on what the boss changes bring in terms of reward efficiency.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
You should be able to grind Lower Sycraia or Kratuga for decent Caphras with 368DP, depending on your AP. Sure, it isn't going to print Caphras stones like Lower Gyfin or Dehkia Thornwood do, but they're decent enough. Jade Forest is also in that range and is solid Caphras. Especially if you do the dailies and get the extra 15 or so. Lots of dust there as well and a highly efficient Agris spot.
Im at 301 AP but havent stepped foot in either Sycraia or Kratuga. Im off work all next week so I need to break out of my comfort zone and try some new spots. Any time I feel up for grinding, i end up working on that HP pot or in Hystria thinking Im gonna get compass pieces.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People who claim that AP/DP don't matter there are fucking trolling though. It 1000% matters. I could never beat the timer on C7 pig when I was around 280AP/370DP. I'm sitting at 294/391 now and that's when I was finally able to pull off the kill. I'll probably stick to C2-C6 again though, until I get my AP/DP into the 305/401 range. Then I'll probably just go perma C3-C7, depending on what the boss changes bring in terms of reward efficiency.
Well it matters, it just matters at 1/10th but once you start having a fair bit of AP that still adds up. You get more out of elixir rotation by far though, and yeah I'm not too interested in popping several millions worth of potions every attempt. I cleared Bari and Songakshi today to finish my C6 clear other than Imoogi, next week I'll probably try Sangoon C7 see if it works and do like Bamboo 6/7, Sangoon 6/7 and one more 6.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, my prediction of Succ Lahn being Top 3 looks to be correct. She's absolutely insane. I'm fucking around with my tags after all the changes and was able to pull 27k at Giants with her, but I only have TET: Blackstar on mainhand. So, she's not even at the 289 bracket, let alone the 293 bracket my Witch is. I also forgot I didn't have my PvE crystals on her anymore until about halfway through my loot scroll. Plus, I was a bit rusty with her rotation. I think 30k is definitely doable. Movement makes such a huge difference at that spot and playing Lahn again reminds me how ass Witch is at that aspect.

I plan on testing my Awake Guardian next and then probably Awake Sage.

Molten Core Raider
Im liking the awakened Lahn (been stuck as awakened since hitting PEN on the blackstar) but I do miss the flow of combat with succession, so im back on the PEN BS grind :rolleyes:. I enhanced up a new Blackstar main hand to TET so now begins the slog to PEN one more time. Im also a dumbass and need yall to smack some common sense into me. As soon as I start getting a decent pile of money saved, I start wanting to do dumb shit with it. I should buy caphras to finish the Dahn gloves, but instead im thinking of dumping the silver on the Nouver outfit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nouver outfit is overpriced as fuck, kinda wish they had nerfed it into a more affordable price range, I have the mats but no way I'm dumping tons of billions on an outfit when I can get even pearl outfits for like 1/10th of the price.

That said I get distracted a lot with my silver too.

Molten Core Raider
I really want the Orzeca outfit, but I cant do Turos effectively (im 99.9999% a solo player, no guild and not really into grouping so the places that drop the armor pieces are pretty much out of bounds). I could eventually get it by thunking down Turos alone but the time investment would be annoying and with very little return. That's one reason why i kinda gave up on the Garmoth heart quest, grinding turos for the hearts was just so not fun.

Ill sit on the idea for a while and try not to do any rash spending. Between the Dahn gloves and upgrading my Vell heart, I stand to gain around 11DP (I'd be around 379). Definitely a worthwhile place to put my silver but....I could also look very snazzy in my existing grind spots while wearing a Nouver head.

• 1Like

Remmy

PSA: This game is mostly dead as far as open world sandbox pvp goes. People can just be shitters now with no recourse since they removed wardec system. Previously I was able to dec people that got out of line and melt their guilds out of existence. Players are allowed to grind in personal instanced zones 70% of the time. The only way to fight other griefer guilds now is if both Guildmasters are online and mutually accept the wardec which will never happen when there's real beef. At this point there's very little point in grinding anything in the game or achieving greatness since you won't ever be able to use your gear for anything real beyond grinding more monsters for more gear that won't help you. Game hit that sweet spot for people that pulled off stunts like the old school WoW grand marshal grind, rewarding hard work with power and only slowly degrading the value of your gear over time. Still an ok game for visuals, but the nodewar scene is terribad.... zerg alliances sucking eachothers dicks for low tier, and Zergs of cho nation bot accounts for the high end. Was fun while it lasted, but they gave into the casuals and cheaters big time. (744 gs valk)

Also they are hobbing streamers nobs, and banning anyone that kills them too much. Shits gone full carebear.

• 1Edgelord

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
At this point there's very little point in grinding anything in the game or achieving greatness since you won't ever be able to use your gear for anything real beyond grinding more monsters for more gear that won't help you.
Ahhh cool, so every MMO ever then, ya?

What's the point of upgrading your gear for PvP? Other than to smash some noob in 2 skills that's grinding his HP pot at Blood Wolves just out of seasons?

It's always the same story with you spergs. "Just mutually dec on each other if you want to fight?" "lol ya right, that never happens". But it's totally not about griefing noobs and you're just interested in totally fair, totally ethical fights. Which is why I have a 744GS and am practically hard capped on gear... :rolleyes:

• 1Like

Remmy

Ahhh cool, so every MMO ever then, ya?

What's the point of upgrading your gear for PvP? Other than to smash some noob in 2 skills that's grinding his HP pot at Blood Wolves just out of seasons?
Fair ethical fights? Holy shit boys we've got an actual fully vaxxed faggot on our hands.

I spent most of the game fighting out numbered, and outgeared. I could really use some ethical compensation TBH. 1v5'ing cheaters that piloted their gear is pretty satisfying. 1v15'ing a guild that griefed your friends till they stop playing the game felt pretty good too. Noobs were completely covered fine with "protection status" issued by their gms. I personally have had weeks with 5-10 decs up at any given time, and the guild lost only a handful of kills to enemy guilds even though my guild is 95% sub 660 gs. The changes they implemented were redundant. You can take your disingenuous critique and stick it right up your ass with the sperg comment. The noob you are so overly worried about could instantly swap servers rapid fire if he is on his home channels, or every 10 min when on other channels.

They've designed the game to PROMOTE shitter griefers now since you have no recourse for karma bombing or people putting all defense gear and just feeding you to mobs. I can feed someone to mobs for hours on end without going red, and if they want to retaliate or call in for help the guild mates or friends fighting back would go red in under 15 minutes. They can no longer dec me. Also relax w/ worrying about capped gear. Pretty sure anyone 297 ap can 1 combo on half the classes.

I handled jackasses, scrubs or high gear it didnt matter. If you wanted to fuck w/ my people, you got it back 10 fold. Now its just mostly a solo soy boy game with shit PvE and nice graphics.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

1v15 guilds until they quit the game and 1v5 against cheaters all while being undergeared, impressive skills.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, just gonna step over the pvp posts and go back to complaining about bad rng and how much of a doofus i am. So, didnt realize til this morning Turo hearts were on the marketplace, so finished that nonsense and back to working on the rest of the garmoth heart questline. I also did resist the urge to do the dumb and finished out the Dahn gloves rather than the Nouver outfit.

Where's the better places to farm for silver and xp at 301ap/380dp? Still Sycraia or Kratuga?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PVP was never as big a draw as the PVP people think it is.

The game is dying because gear doesn't matter anymore. Them capping PVE gear is where they went wrong. There's no point in upgrading your gear when it doesn't give you any additional power.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, just gonna step over the pvp posts and go back to complaining about bad rng and how much of a doofus i am. So, didnt realize til this morning Turo hearts were on the marketplace, so finished that nonsense and back to working on the rest of the garmoth heart questline. I also did resist the urge to do the dumb and finished out the Dahn gloves rather than the Nouver outfit.

Where's the better places to farm for silver and xp at 301ap/380dp? Still Sycraia or Kratuga?
They added them like a couple weeks ago, I thought about posting a reply about it when you last posted but forgot about it, good that you found out though.

Kratuga is shit for xp, and with the marni nerfs it's not that great for silver either but it's ok if you have a highly mobile class(I think stuff like maewha/musa do best there since they can move between the rooms more efficiently). Sycraia I've found it to be pretty disappointing for money but I'm not as geared so might get better. Have to do non marni too there as marni just doesn't have enough spawns(at 281AP I was close to overclearing in my test).

I've been doing elvia serendia, Biraghi/Fogans/Orcs > cups to sell. Can do other spots but I like these. At your AP you would be way overcapped so you need the full demi/human setup for these though and might not be worth it even then it's more midgame stuff. Gyfin under is another decent spot especially for shit farming classes due to the nature of the spot. And Giants is good too, no cup farming unlike the serendia elvia spots just kill in a circle, easy and braindead for pretty good silver. Same cap as orcs though so you'd be overcapped.

• 1Like