Black Desert

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish I knew Korean, really want to play this now
smile.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys are getting way to worked up for a game you wont see for another 2 years if ever.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This will probably end up being another TERA. Fancy combat, cool classes, absolutely nothing to do with them.
Hopefully somebody is going to pull a Blizzard soon. You have a bunch of MMO's out there now and on the horizon that have really cool features but lack the total package. If someone could do what WoW did and take the best things and polish them we might actually get a sustainable next gen MMO.

I personally would like to see combat like this game or Tera with Archage type pvp and city building with Eso skill system and throw in some WoW style raids with some open public dungeons. Also get rid of fucking traditional levels.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you took TERA combat, ESO class system and AA's world I would play that shit for a decade.

But fuck WOW's raids. Fuck instances raids in general.

misery_sl

shitlord
Jesus Christoff, did you people even watch the non-combat features video? There's going to be tons of shit to do in this game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This will probably end up being another TERA. Fancy combat, cool classes, absolutely nothing to do with them.
So the complete reverse of everything else out on the market? tons to do with shitty, boring, and uninspired combat and characters.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm always surprised at how far ahead tech wise Korean mmos are.
tech wise? They are behind tech wise. Look at how awful and choppy it looks while moving. They're on machines which are build to show this shit off in favorable situations and it looks like it lags like shit.

Korean mmos are pretty. That's what they have on american mmos, and thats it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm always surprised at how far ahead tech wise Korean mmos are.
If you really wanted to you could make a super sexy looking MMO using CryEngine or Frostbite and have all the bells and whistles, graphically. Good luck getting more than 10 FPS with more than 3-4 player character models on screen though. For most, the biggest performance hitch is loading all the armor/weapon assets into memory from the hard drive. After that it's dynamic shadows and shading. Both of these are why running around in a densely populated area in WoW (Org, SW, world raid boss, etc) makes everyone's machine chug pretty hard.

misery_sl

shitlord
I dunno. I'm pretty surprised when Lineage II can come out October of 2003 and run on my piece of shit computer with literally a hundred or so players on screen and no lag. Yet, GW2 comes out in 2012 and if there's more than 30 or so players on screen it culls them out of existence and I still get lag on my decent PC. My situation might be unique, but I'd say they have quite a bit more than "pretty" over the competition. Not to mention TERA online pretty much revolutionized the way action combat works in MMORPGS. I'm seeing the same old shit come out of American devs and it makes me sad. It's really going beyond the games simply being more "pretty" and becoming something much more concrete. That said, I'm still looking forward to EQNext, but Black Desert might come to America before EQNext sees the light of day at this rate.

One thing I will add however, is that Koreans seem to love using invisible walls in their worlds, and that pisses me off to no end.