Black Friday 2017

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Don't use those DNA Testing kids. 23 and Me doesn't make money off the kits they actually sell your DNA to Genetic and Pharmaceutical companies as well as the US Government.

You are voluntarily adding yourself to a Government DNA database when you send those in and letting companies do fuck all with your DNA behind closed doors.

Can't wait for genetically targeted ads in the future.
crazyoldmaurice.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Don't use those DNA Testing kids. 23 and Me doesn't make money off the kits they actually sell your DNA to Genetic and Pharmaceutical companies as well as the US Government.

You are voluntarily adding yourself to a Government DNA database when you send those in and letting companies do fuck all with your DNA behind closed doors.

Pretty sure this would be the reaction if I used one.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's all fun and games until some big Pharma finds your DNA has some genetic marker for overly toothy smiles and kidnaps and vivisects you for science.
I would just be more concerned with some future scenario that you get denied health insurance because your provider bought the DNA information.

If health insurance in the United States wasn't so up in the air right now maybe I could sleep easier, but right now who the fuck knows what will happen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dimstar

Silver Knight of the Realm

If join the military government already has all your DNA.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have a GTX 1060 6 GB. Any recommendations?

I mean if you want to game in style, a 24" 144hz gsync 1440p monitor isn't THAT much. I have the Dell one (D2417DG or something) which is an IPS panel so it's more expensive. That said if you don't really care that much and just want something nicer in general (though I think this is only 75 HZ) and you are a Costco member this seems pretty decent:

Costco Wholesale

lol tho:

Supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP 1.4) to Prevent Transmission of Non-Encrypted High Definition Content

spronk

FPS noob
I mean if you want to game in style, a 24" 144hz gsync 1440p monitor isn't THAT much. I have the Dell one (D2417DG or something) which is an IPS panel so it's more expensive. That said if you don't really care that much and just want something nicer in general (though I think this is only 75 HZ) and you are a Costco member this seems pretty decent:

You sure your panel is IPS? I haven't checked in the last six months but I'm pretty sure all the Dell gSync monitors sold are TN panels - I bought one last year and like it, but hope to upgrade to a 144hz HDR gSync 2560 or 4k panel next year.

The omen is a nice monitor but its freesync not gsync. Gsync tax seems high always but it is better than basic freesync if you have an nvidia card, AMD of course freesync is better. Next year should be interesting, HDMI 2.1 is approved and has as a feature Variable Refresh Rate which is basically gsync/freesync over HDMI. Nvidia however lobbied for Displayport 2.1 to NOT include that, so its going to be over HDMI but not DP. I have no idea whats going to happen with monitors, whether they will all go HDMI 2.1/VRR or we will continue to have FreeSync, gSync, and now VRR models of monitors.[/QUOTE]

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You sure your panel is IPS? I haven't checked in the last six months but I'm pretty sure all the Dell gSync monitors sold are TN panels - I bought one last year and like it, but hope to upgrade to a 144hz HDR gSync 2560 or 4k panel next year.

The omen is a nice monitor but its freesync not gsync. Gsync tax seems high always but it is better than basic freesync if you have an nvidia card, AMD of course freesync is better. Next year should be interesting, HDMI 2.1 is approved and has as a feature Variable Refresh Rate which is basically gsync/freesync over HDMI. Nvidia however lobbied for Displayport 2.1 to NOT include that, so its going to be over HDMI but not DP. I have no idea whats going to happen with monitors, whether they will all go HDMI 2.1/VRR or we will continue to have FreeSync, gSync, and now VRR models of monitors.

Damn you may be right now that I'm looking at the specs. I for sure was looking for IPS and once calibrated it isn't far off from my older LG IPS monitor. Well that sucks.

Guess I won't feel bad replacing it with another TN panel now.

The real question is will nVidia actually support VRR/hdmi 2.1 on their cards. Clearly not it seems since they're unwilling to stake their reputation on Gsync, they have to try and vendor lock people into it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
looks like fat white guys arresting dindus

white ppl of walmart

old white guys against a swarm of Mexicans, whom aren't jumping the border

bitches fighting over a vacuum??? holy shit, let them all have one!!!

real dindus from the land of dindus