Black Panther (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Comic Black Panther has been fucking retarded forever. Lol never mind the fact that Surfer can literally lift buildings, he's shaped like a human so I can totally apply this barely effective against normal people hold on him.

4550576-3218114246-36780.jpg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Was his sister anyone special in the comics? They seem to be building her up as Wakanda's version of Stark, as far as expertise with technology goes, for the movie.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah it's crazy diverse. It's got:

Black people who like one type of rap
Black people who like a different type of rap
Black people who like ... tribal ... rap ...??
Black women
Black men
Black ... royalty ...
Black ... ahh fuck it

Oh and a hobbit, and a hobbit-turned-gollumcreature. So that's like two types of hobbits too!
In the modern age, "diverse" doesn't mean different. It means black. So yes, this show is diverse. So was "A Different World"
p184628_b_v8_ae.jpg

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Was his sister anyone special in the comics? They seem to be building her up as Wakanda's version of Stark, as far as expertise with technology goes, for the movie.
I think she's Black Panther Lite. I've seen her in 'Infinity' in a suit with a mane.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
She becomes black panther...

Cuz every white male, lost their super hero job to a girl or some minority.

I think he's BP, again, bc no one literally gives a shit about BP.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just saw this trailer for the first time while waiting to watch Thor.

It’s basically Boyz n the Hood comic book edition. It’s a rap video with a budget.

I hate everything about it so far and the only comfort is that Justice League looks so much worse.

If you take the cameos out of this one people wouldn’t even know it was part of the Marvel universe in any way. It would be seen as the black community trying to monopolize on comic book movies.

Exactly what I'm thinking. It looks horrible. I think it will be the first failure of the MCU.

• 1Picard

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Exactly what I'm thinking. It looks horrible. I think it will be the first failure of the MCU.

Failure on what level?

Remember the Norton Hulk movie is part of the MCU. A not so good entry that made a little more than $260 million and it's still technically a success.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The first one was relatively ok. The second one was utter garbage. Like, Iron Man 3 levels of garbage.

hm. general consensus of the board at the time was that thor 2 was very enjoyable. it falls pretty solidly in the middle of the pack of mcu movies

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
hm. general consensus of the board at the time was that thor 2 was very enjoyable. it falls pretty solidly in the middle of the pack of mcu movies
Hey, I enjoyed the Norton Hulk movie, so clearly my tastes differ, but being honest, Thor 2 was Fantastic Four 2 levels of dissociated evil. "Let's take down the cloud!" Same bullshit in Suicide Squad.

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no it's cool, i actually enjoy norton's hulk too. i can even appreciate ang lee's hulk's inspired cinematography...

it SOUNDS like your big problem with thor 2 is the treatment of maleketh, which i can understand. i never really cared much for maleketh so i wasn't bothered by the treatment of the dark elves, but the MCU historically makes less than impressive villians. they tend to all have odd amalgamations of origin stories and motive just to fit the narrative. Even Hela, who did a great job as a villian, was stipped, streamlined and adopted into the plot just for reasons.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So is this going to be one of those movies that are 95% on Rottentomatoes while sporting a 45% user review?

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This really opens the door for MCU to have a dinosaur jungle in Antarctica.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users