Black Panther (2018)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thread necro, new trailer

trailer was perfect for me.
I remember seeing the BET Black Panther as a kid. Youtube it if you havn't seen it yet. I saw Black Panther; Maxx; Spawn (HBO); Heavy Metal; and Ninja Scroll all in the same year - by chance. Good feels. so badass.

Card I made awhile back
wakandan_royal_guard_original.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The latest trailer was much better. At least musically it was. That might have compelled me to overlook things. I'll have to watch it again and double check.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can anyone more familiar with BP tell me if the suit doing like color-coded stuff means anything? Like the purple lining look at the end. Does it have modes? It initially was presented as kind of just a simple body suit (with vibranium) but obviously going high tech here.
no, most likely it's to differentiate between two black panthers fighting, purple vs. red one.

no different than how the arc reactor in ironman was just really a big flashlight in the comics, maybe he fired it a few times, but he 99% relied on his repulsors.

Black Panther is more about how he's basically black captain america w/o the nazi steroids but was blessed by the panther god (bast???), oh and he's not a dumb italian from brooklyn, he's as smart as reed richards.

the suit just lets him get beaten to a pulp and still survive really, maybe he's got some spidey goggles going on, and super claws, thats about it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
no, most likely it's to differentiate between two black panthers fighting, purple vs. red one.

no different than how the arc reactor in ironman was just really a big flashlight in the comics, maybe he fired it a few times, but he 99% relied on his repulsors.

Black Panther is more about how he's basically black captain america w/o the nazi steroids but was blessed by the panther god (bast???), oh and he's not a dumb italian from brooklyn, he's as smart as reed richards.

the suit just lets him get beaten to a pulp and still survive really, maybe he's got some spidey goggles going on, and super claws, thats about it.
Ah, thanks. That's the impression from CW he gave, the lights just threw me off then. I much prefer simple super-armor than another over-the-top-techno-Spidey-Suit situation.

Hopefully one or two of the action scenes don't involve riding around on cars :p

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit. I just realized that Michael Jordan that's in all these shows/movies is the same kid as Wallace from The Wire. I had no idea before now.

michael-b-jordan-wire.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Music is trash but that's going to obviously be a subjective taste thing. Everything else looks decent enough to give it the MCU-track-record theater viewing they deserve as a company(division?).

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Music is trash but that's going to obviously be a subjective taste thing. Everything else looks decent enough to give it the MCU-track-record theater viewing they deserve as a company(division?).
Yeah, they'll have to drop a couple of turds in a row before I stop seeing these in the theater without question.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Everything else looks decent enough to give it the MCU-track-record theater viewing they deserve as a company(division?).

Marvel is a self-sufficient studio that falls within the Studio Entertainment division of Disney.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ah, thanks. That's the impression from CW he gave, the lights just threw me off then. I much prefer simple super-armor than another over-the-top-techno-Spidey-Suit situation.

Hopefully one or two of the action scenes don't involve riding around on cars :p

Doesn't his new suit in the comics have a bunch of tech in it now? Honestly, BP was one of my favorite characters growing up, but lately it's been a real case of Mary Sue with him it seems. He's got to be smarter than Richards, a better fighter than Cap, and has more money/tech than Stark.

That said, trailer looks good. Really hoping this turns out well, loved him in Civil War.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Doesn't his new suit in the comics have a bunch of tech in it now? Honestly, BP was one of my favorite characters growing up, but lately it's been a real case of Mary Sue with him it seems. He's got to be smarter than Richards, a better fighter than Cap, and has more money/tech than Stark.
That said, trailer looks good. Really hoping this turns out well, loved him in Civil War.

since the 2000's all Marvel characters that have suits, have taken on the Batman shark repellent shtick.

i mean take night thrasher
Night-Thrasher-New-Warriors-Marvel-Comics-h1.jpg

all he had was a kevlar suit, some rods and a skateboard with a blade, and when shit hits the fan, he takes out a gun.

Darkhawk only had his claw, some razor wings and his amulet blast
250px-Darkhawk_1.jpg

after that, he's fucked.

But now Black Panther can teleport if he wants to... cuz he's as smart as reed and since reed invented a teleporter, of course t'challa would as well, it's built into his suit, great so now he's nightcrawler.

also, when Dr. Doom attacked Wakanda, Black Panther can now fight on even footing with Dr. Doom w/ sorcery. Again Dr. Doom is no slouch when it comes to sorcery, when Dr. Strange lost Sorceror Supreme, Dr. Doom was the prime candidate to take over...

Yet somehow T'challa can out sorcery Dr. Doom.

So not only does his suit have shark repellent, depending on the mood of the writer, for that issue, he can seemingly be every other superhero, and better at it too.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Sounds like a bunch of writers trying to one up each other with "Oh yeah, well my can do this."

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
trailer was perfect for me.
I remember seeing the BET Black Panther as a kid. Youtube it if you havn't seen it yet. I saw Black Panther; Maxx; Spawn (HBO); Heavy Metal; and Ninja Scroll all in the same year - by chance. Good feels. so badass.

Card I made awhile back
wakandan_royal_guard_original.jpg

Hell yes, Heroscape was awesome.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This really should be retitled We Wuz Kangz.

I want to like this - the trailer seems like it could be quite interesting, and I thought they chose a good actor when we saw him in CW. But because of our current real world political and social climate, this is all I keep seeing instead.

• 1Solidarity

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I want to like this - the trailer seems like it could be quite interesting, and I thought they chose a good actor when we saw him in CW. But because of our current real world political and social climate, this is all I keep seeing instead.

I also want to like this as Black Panther and Wakanda are huge holes in my Marvel knowledge, but instead of it being colored by political and social climate all I can think of with this is WE WUZ KANGS!!!!!

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I also want to like this as Black Panther and Wakanda are huge holes in my Marvel knowledge, but instead of it being colored by political and social climate all I can think of with this is WE WUZ KANGS!!!!!

Then maybe you NED TO DO BETTER!

• 2Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, they WUZ. So that should just about say it all.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I really want to KANGZ post this thread into the ground but I feel that would irresponsible as a member of site staff.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users