Black Panther (2018)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So is this going to be one of those movies that are 95% on Rottentomatoes while sporting a 45% user review?

Even better, it's gonna be one of those movies where if you voice any sort of opinion against it, you're a racist.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That japanese trailer makes me feel sorry for the advertising people tasked with trying to sell a mainly black-cast movie to Asia.

Hell, that trailer doesn't have a black person's face in it until 29 seconds in (the bad guy, of course).

Edit: and let's not be revisionist - Thor 2, Iron Man 3, and Iron Man 2 are likely the worst 3 Marvel movies, even if you include Norton Hulk.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Hah I didn't even think about that, this movie is going to absolutely bomb in the Asian market. People complain about white Americans being racist, holy shit they know nothing.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hah I didn't even think about that, this movie is going to absolutely bomb in the Asian market. People complain about white Americans being racist, holy shit they know nothing.
Worst, is the biggest complaint will be that they can't tell one dindu from the kangs dindu, cuz unless you grew up with dindus, they all look the same like me popo, the og kangs

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean... Are you saying all black people look alike? In 2017? Are you trying to bring back 1930's racism to be edgy or are you just that guy?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Listen, I'm all for suspension of disbelief, and people who can fly and shoot lasers from their eyes is one thing, but a prosperous uber wealthy technologically advanced and peaceful society in Africa? That's just too much of a stretch for me..

I do project a 99% on Rottentomatoes though even if it's two hours worth of static.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's too much of a stretch because you need comic books to be based in reality? There is another world floating in the sky and people can fucking fly and you're worried about the socioeconomic climate in Africa as it relates to the real world.

Sorry Frenzied, you're just a racist piece of shit. You don't want to see black people being superheroes unless they are ghetto superstars so you can feel comfortable with your superiority. It's sad that a fake nation from a comic book threatens your world view.

• 4Like
  • 3Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's too much of a stretch because you need comic books to be based in reality? There is another world floating in the sky and people can fucking fly and you're worried about the socioeconomic climate in Africa as it relates to the real world.

Sorry Frenzied, you're just a racist piece of shit. You don't want to see black people being superheroes unless they are ghetto superstars so you can feel comfortable with your superiority. It's sad that a fake nation from a comic book threatens your world view.

LMAO, first off, you really need to either up your sarcasm detector or your reading ability, because I used the exact same example you did-- comparing suspension of disbelief between accepting super powers and a prosperous Africa. If you're going to go full "racismz" on me, at least be original. Second of all, if this movie had been released as little as three years ago it wouldn't have bothered me one bit, but in today's political climate it's basically just a big can of gasoline to throw on the IDPol supernova that is today's political discourse.

Finally, and most of all, you may be on the wrong forums if racist connotations elicit this much triggering.. We've got one thread dedicated to the Jewish conspiracy of destroying the world, and another dedicated to indexing every crime committed by a black person. If you think me making fun of an all-black movie is racist, then you don't read much of this forum because that shit was *tame*

The rest of your psych 101 accusations I'll be sure to discuss with my therapist.

Here, want some REAL, non amateur hour racism? Where the fuck is Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon or @sadris ?

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I mean... Are you saying all black people look alike? In 2017? Are you trying to bring back 1930's racism to be edgy or are you just that guy?
I dunno, his statement was pretty accurate as written. Its not that all black people objectively look alike, its that unless you grow up around them you cant tell them apart. Just like every asian looks like 100% clones of each other to the average white guy. I've even read that many asians have trouble telling white people apart (despite the obvious differentiating factors like hair and eye colors).

I think the theory is that depending who you grow up around, you latch onto different features to tell people apart. I dont see how its racist, isnt it just developmental psychology?

Khane

LMAO, first off, you really need to either up your sarcasm detector or your reading ability, because I used the exact same example you did-- comparing suspension of disbelief between accepting super powers and a prosperous Africa. If you're going to go full "racismz" on me, at least be original. Second of all, if this movie had been released as little as three years ago it wouldn't have bothered me one bit, but in today's political climate it's basically just a big can of gasoline to throw on the IDPol supernova that is today's political discourse.

Finally, and most of all, you may be on the wrong forums if racist connotations elicit this much triggering.. We've got one thread dedicated to the Jewish conspiracy of destroying the world, and another dedicated to indexing every crime committed by a black person. If you think me making fun of an all-black movie is racist, then you don't read much of this forum because that shit was *tame*

The rest of your psych 101 accusations I'll be sure to discuss with my therapist.

Here, want some REAL, non amateur hour racism? Where the fuck is Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon or @sadris ?

So you're calling your teen girl squad in to defend you? "Where are my friends who agree with me?!" Mask it however you want, it's just racism. This is not today's political discourse, this is a movie. Can you not tell the difference between the two?

Racist connotation should elicit that kind of response. You deserve to be mocked for your thinly veiled, pathetic attempt at trying to mask said racism. And then the subsequent hand waving saying "that's just the way people talk now". You can have your shitty general threads where everyone sits around the proverbial campfire and shares war stories of their forays into Neogaf and reddit. When you leave your little incubator and come into other threads and I have hear such stupid drivel I am going to call you out on it. Stay in your echo chamber.

• 3Picard
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So you're calling your teen girl squad in to defend you? "Where are my friends who agree with me?!" Mask it however you want, it's just racism. This is not today's political discourse, this is a movie. Can you not tell the difference between the two?

Racist connotation should elicit that kind of response. You deserve to be mocked for your thinly veiled, pathetic attempt at trying to mask said racism. And then the subsequent hand waving saying "that's just the way people talk now". You can have your shitty general threads where everyone sits around the proverbial campfire and shares war stories of their forays into Neogaf and reddit. When you leave your little incubator and come into other threads and I have hear such stupid drivel I am going to call you out on it. Stay in your echo chamber.

LMAO, if you think Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon is "someone that agrees with me" or my "teen girl squad", then you're definitely the one that lives in an "echo chamber" when it comes to this forum, not me. Lighten up you Ginger haired baby.

Your accusations of racism and moral self-congratulation is wasted here. Go check out Facebook if you want such accusations to carry any fucking impact.

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I guess I'm being summoned here to call Khane Khane a fag and use some racial slurs? You're a fag Khane Khane , quit being such a dindu.

I hope I have satisfied everyone's needs with this post.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I guess I'm being summoned here to call Khane Khane a fag and use some racial slurs? You're a fag Khane Khane , quit being such a dindu.

I hope I have satisfied everyone's needs with this post.

That was a weak showing, I expect better from you when summoned.

But now that I’m officially a racist, do I get spared in Mario’s 4th Reich?

Also, we are all interested in hearing your premonitions regarding this film.

• 1Worf

Khane

LMAO, if you think Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon is "someone that agrees with me" or my "teen girl squad", then you're definitely the one that lives in an "echo chamber" when it comes to this forum, not me. Lighten up you Ginger haired baby.

Your accusations of racism and moral self-congratulation is wasted here. Go check out Facebook if you want such accusations to carry any fucking impact.

Did you find out where you can donate to make the bad Africa movie fail more? Got a link for us?

• 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean... Are you saying all black people look alike? In 2017?
duh?

you can have ONE, black in a movie, he's either the villian or the stupid star wars sidekick that no one liked.

TWO? and they hop skip around and do action stuff? might as well just close your eyes.

a black in china is like a mythical creature