Black Panther (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So yesterday my daughter was playing with her friend, Zeyare (Pronounced Z R E). Anyway, she's black. Her and her mom moved here from DC.

She was talking about going to see Black Panther again, then asked if I saw it. I said yes. She's like "Oh my god, it was so good! What did you think?"
Now I'm suddenly between a rock and a hard place. Oh well. "I didn't like it." Suddenly I'm a white devil, and quickly the subject changed. Good times.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So yesterday my daughter was playing with her friend, Zeyare (Pronounced Z R E). Anyway, she's black. Her and her mom moved here from DC.

She was talking about going to see Black Panther again, then asked if I saw it. I said yes. She's like "Oh my god, it was so good! What did you think?"
Now I'm suddenly between a rock and a hard place. Oh well. "I didn't like it." Suddenly I'm a white devil, and quickly the subject changed. Good times.
jesus christ, did you just happen to find the only black in hawaii? aren't they as rare as real indians?

• 2Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, pretty much. The girl is in my daughter's Kindergarten class, so they play together. But yeah, black population out here is like 1%. Fucking 1%ers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20180224-212643.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

I wonder if I could post on my Facebook I saw blackpanther and just answer any questions with plattatudes about race and empowerment and see if anyone calls me out on not having seen the film.

spronk

FPS noob
This movie does not really hold up very well on rewatch. Saw this for second time today, wanting to check out a XD theater I haven't visited, and I dozed off a few times and eventually walked out after they take refuge in Gorilla tribe after realizing there weren't any scenes left I was looking forward to rewatching. The big problem is that T'Challa is just such a bland and boring character and on screen so much that rewatches are extremely dull. First watch is pretty good, so much is going on and happening and all the side chars are fantastic but not a fun rewatch.

I love rewatching movies too, I even sat thru The Last Jedi 3 times no problem (yeah I know) and currently going through the entire MCU before Infinity War, just saw Thor Ragnorak for 4th time last night and loved every second. I don't think I could watch Black Panther ever again though, wonder if people's opinions will start dropping once it hits home screens.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This movie does not really hold up very well on rewatch. Saw this for second time today, wanting to check out a XD theater I haven't visited, and I dozed off a few times and eventually walked out after they take refuge in Gorilla tribe after realizing there weren't any scenes left I was looking forward to rewatching. The big problem is that T'Challa is just such a bland and boring character and on screen so much that rewatches are extremely dull. First watch is pretty good, so much is going on and happening and all the side chars are fantastic but not a fun rewatch.

I love rewatching movies too, I even sat thru The Last Jedi 3 times no problem (yeah I know) and currently going through the entire MCU before Infinity War, just saw Thor Ragnorak for 4th time last night and loved every second. I don't think I could watch Black Panther ever again though, wonder if people's opinions will start dropping once it hits home screens.

Ragnarok is exceptionally re-watchable. I watched it 3 times in the first two days, even back to back the first night - 3D then 2D. I didn't even sit through the credits for Black Panther.

28424285_1850324181685072_6479417458852205482_o.jpg

• 1Worf

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
the reviews convinced me to check this out, even though I had doubts from the first trailers

the first hour is really badly done and a total waste of time. we saw people get buried in ritual sand 3 different times in the movie too, someone get this film an editor

Once Killmonger shows up, it's much better, and he's a complicated villain (at first) so I was intrigued. Then the second he was an actual thread they turned him into a cartoon character of a villain and destroyed his character completely. There were some good action scenes in the field with the tribes, but nothing from the Black Panther. It felt like watching Neo fight in the matrix, complete emotional disconnect (CG out the ass + a mask), and the feeling that he was basically black superman once in the suit and wasn't ever in any real danger.

The scores of this movie are doing a disservice to it and the sequels I feel. I love everything surrounding this movie, the community, the kids getting to see 'themselves' portrayed as a superhero finally in a movie -- and I even liked Killmonger's early approach to his arch, but the movie is average at best and there's no chance I'll watch it again.

The scene with "what are thoooose" as a line made me roll my eyes so far back in my head..

5/10

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

FUCKING RACIST!!!! WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO 1800'S SOUTHERN USA YOU FUCKING RACIST!!! HOW MANY SLAVES DO YOU OWN FUCKING RACIST!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

• 2Worf

Fadaar

That guy
So spoiler tag or not, I don't care, but anyone want to let me know what happened in this movie that will have any bearing on Infinity War? Haven't gone to see it in the theater yet and since it's getting such mediocre reviews from you guys I probably won't bother til it's out on 'the internet'. Hopefully it comes out before IW hits theaters, but it's gonna be close.

projoking

Molten Core Raider
So spoiler tag or not, I don't care, but anyone want to let me know what happened in this movie that will have any bearing on Infinity War? Haven't gone to see it in the theater yet and since it's getting such mediocre reviews from you guys I probably won't bother til it's out on 'the internet'. Hopefully it comes out before IW hits theaters, but it's gonna be close.

My take on it is Wakanda has the most advanced technology on Earth and they are going to share it with the world which will happen just in time for Thanos to attack. So Earth doesn't immediately get steam rolled.

Additionally, Bucky Barns is alive and well and pretty much completely recovered.

There really wasn't anything else integral about the movie that I noticed.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So how was wakanda not known to the world? Do spy satellites not exist in the MCU?