Black Panther (2018)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Oh you mean the guy that decided to become a calculating sociopath bird man because the government took his contract?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yup. But it showed the realism of his character arc. Buying tons of equipment because you FINALLY have a chance, only to have someone bigger come in and crush your dreams and leave you in financial ruin. It's a real story, and he played the character well.

As opposed to a thugged out Navy SEAL that's crazy and bling teeth and other things that would NEVER happen in a real world.

Vulture (and Spider-Man) is at least grounded in SOME TYPE of reality. Black Panther is no different to me than watching a much less entertaining Dune.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Vulture was a much better villian.
He was boring and, more importantly, at no point did he seem like he was any kind of real threat.

If that's the trade-off to being rooted in more believable origin, then no thanks.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Financial ruin doesn't begot trying to klill a kid that saved your daughter's life because he was getting in your way. Micheal Keaton did a good job, because he's a great actor, but the character in totality was improbable as he wouldn't have the resources or mentality to do the 180 he did without at least some explaining away, which by the way was done with Wally or Michael B. Jordan's character.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is why Infinity War is going to be so great. Thanos is probably the most realistic villain in all of comic books. I run into people who are basically Thanos in waiting pretty much every day.

"Couple more years and this guy is gonna be riding around in outer space searching for rocks to kill everyone with"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Which is why the MCU peaked with Iron Man 3. Doesn't get more real than that.

#trevorslatteryforlife

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
kurt russell was the most believable villain, because dudes who are secretly planets stole, impregnated, and killed all the hot chicks when i was in high school. they also all had really good hair

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
FB_IMG_1521431510323.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
He was boring and, more importantly, at no point did he seem like he was any kind of real threat.

If that's the trade-off to being rooted in more believable origin, then no thanks.

"Real threat", certainly no Marvel movie has ever had. Including Orange Panther.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hela was about the only real threat. She killed fucking everyone. Loki had a good run, but his envy wasn't stronk enough. I'm honestly trying to think of any other villain who had a kill count anywhere near Hela.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Thinking...... hela #1.. ultron #2 loki #3, though loki and his invasion might have more deaths than ultron flying/falling city.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Later this week, BP will surpass TLJ's worldwide box office total. I bet there is not a single person on earth that thought that would happen. Crazy shit.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
just watched this via torrents.

fucking awful. Worst of the Marvel movies by a long shot.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I rewatched this last night and it's just a mediocre Marvel movie. The only thing I didn't like really was Killmonger. I would have rather had Klaw be the actual villain. It's definitely the least entertaining of the phase 3 movies so far.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's an origin movie for a charcter that isn't particularly popular compared to others. It was fine for what it was, but it certainly isn't a top tier Marvel movie.

• 2Like