Black Panther (2018)

fris

Vyemm Raider
All I know is Disney won’t get another fucking cent of my money after The Last Jedi.

I’ll wait for Netflix on this one. Infinity War too.

i can't argue this logic, i feel you

unless the public reviews are nuts, i plan to see it close to opening weekend. marvel hasn't gone wrong yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khalid

Unelected Mod
The tokenism going on with reviews for this is pretty silly.

For example, TheYoungTurks movie review show, WhatTheFlick, posted some initial reactions. In it, they promise to include a black person for the full review. Not good enough to be part of your normal show, but hey, if you are watching a predominantly black casted movie, I guess black people are good enough to review that.

• 2Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The tokenism going on with reviews for this is pretty silly.

For example, TheYoungTurks movie review show, WhatTheFlick, posted some initial reactions. In it, they promise to include a black person for the full review. Not good enough to be part of your normal show, but hey, if you are watching a predominantly black casted movie, I guess black people are good enough to review that.
I remember when whattheflick had that korean on there, he gave great reviews!!! musta been a closet repub

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
the "Back Panther"! this is really a thing?

I'll admit i know very little about super heroes but how is this any different then naming Marvels next white super hero "The Klansman"

• 7Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I'll admit i know very little about super heroes but how is this any different then naming Marvels next white super hero "The Klansman"
for a while marvel tried
the panther then
black leopard
BlackPanther2.jpg

comic came first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Going to see this with work on Friday and I can't wait.

if you are going this friday i hate to break the news but you are seeing fifty shades of grey. bring a raincoat, the women will all be splooshing

• 2Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I can't wait to see the reaction here (at least, those who aren't pre-emptively boycotting it). Doesn't sound like there's a single good white person in the film and white people are referred to as colonizers. Yet, in the end, it seems a black radical is the villain. I don't know, I didn't want to spoil too much, but this thread should be popcorn worthy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No one will have a reaction because they will all get robbed and stabbed at the theater.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

the character predates the movement.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Well Martin Freeman won't be a bad guy but Andy Serkis certainly is. Frankly I could care less if there is a good white character in it.

I'm more amused all these people celebrating this film are like no wall please, when Wakanda literally cloaked their country so poor black people couldn't fuck it up.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In order to prevent Black people from feeling uncomfortable about watching this movie with a white man in the audience, would it be reasonable to wear a bedsheet to the movies? I'd cut some holes in it to see out of, of course.

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 14 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
In order to prevent Black people from feeling uncomfortable about watching this movie with a white man in the audience, would it be reasonable to wear a bedsheet to the movies? I'd cut some holes in it to see out of, of course.

I hear the correct choice is too slather yourself in black shoe polish and go in black face.

• 1Worf