Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They had to change the look for the MCU Atlantis stuff. Otherwise it looks like them copying Aquaman. What kinda sucks is we'll probably never see an actual Atlantis Attacks story.
well, thats fucking stupid since Atlantis is it's own thing, one of the oldest recorded stories in human history. based on an event that supposedly happened 8 or 10,000 years ago. there wasnt an MCU or DCEU back then, maybe.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Its better then the first one thats for sure. Ironheart was shoehorned in, and the first half was better then the second. Namor wasn't butchered but they need more delopment for him in the future.

For me it was Sang Chi / 10. Was fine wouldn't mind seeing more of specific parts, some I can live without.

Spiderman was far and way the best film of p4 and WandaVision / Hawkeye were the best shows of a mediocre phase. They have work to do, but this was far from their worst showing. I wouldn't blame people from pirating it, but MoM and Love and Thunder were far worse.

Phase 5 begins just before Thanksgiving with the Guardians Christmas Special. If it starts well I have hope, there is a fair number of movies I am looking forward to.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
well, thats fucking stupid since Atlantis is it's own thing, one of the oldest recorded stories in human history. based on an event that supposedly happened 8 or 10,000 years ago. there wasnt an MCU or DCEU back then, maybe.
The Atlantis fictional city was introduced by Plato. This isn't some historical fact.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When does this release for white people?

I was told I couldn’t watch this until after Kwanza or something.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Atlantis fictional city was introduced by Plato. This isn't some historical fact.
there is no reason to believe Atlantis was fictional. Plato lived about 2500 years ago and the story was based on spoken tales that supposedly ranged from around eight thousand years earlier. historians also thought Troy and the tale of the Trojan Horse/War was fictional, but Troy was very real. i keep an open mind on the subject because there are real world ancient sites that line up with some of those descriptions. as i said its based on a spoken tale, campfire stories. some things may have been exaggerated over time to make for a better story. either way, nobody owns Atlantis. people are dumb if they think it belongs to anyone.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Nobody owns things like Thor, Odin, Asgard, etc.. either. If DC made a stylistic version of those that look very similar to how they are depicted in Marvel movies, reception still wouldn't be hot.

Moreover, Plato's Atlantis wasn't a retelling of folklore, it was an allegory for national hybris is a treatment political systems. And obviously nobody "survived" it sinking or was there ever any mention of "underwater society" until the 20th century. Atlantis sinking meant everyone died, obviously.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody owns things like Thor, Odin, Asgard, etc.. either. If DC made a stylistic version of those that look very similar to how they are depicted in Marvel movies, reception still wouldn't be hot.

Moreover, Plato's Atlantis wasn't a retelling of folklore, it was an allegory for national hybris is a treatment political systems. And obviously nobody "survived" it sinking or was there ever any mention of "underwater society" until the 20th century. Atlantis sinking meant everyone died, obviously.
Of course it is real. I saw the place on T.V.

1668173567817.png

• 8Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Great Review
Reactions: 12 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've given up on phase 4 marvel, but if they're going all in on Deadpool 3 in the multiverse with wolverine and Loki I'm sold.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A happy coincidence that DP2 had all the time travel hijinx to perfectly fit into the MCU.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
there is no reason to believe Atlantis was fictional. Plato lived about 2500 years ago and the story was based on spoken tales that supposedly ranged from around eight thousand years earlier. historians also thought Troy and the tale of the Trojan Horse/War was fictional, but Troy was very real. i keep an open mind on the subject because there are real world ancient sites that line up with some of those descriptions. as i said its based on a spoken tale, campfire stories. some things may have been exaggerated over time to make for a better story.....

I mean, why not start using this logic to start defending the bible too while we're at it?

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, why not start using this logic to start defending the bible too while we're at it?
well, outside of all the magic and stuff, the bible has been proven to be quite accurate in many cases. they even found Sodom and the city was thought to be destroyed by either a large meteorite or something. there are even pillars of salt nearby.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I just realized the entire family of "that's stupid" reactions is missing in this forum. Midwit, retard, imbecile, NPC, all of them. WTF? We need those things.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Saw the movie last night. Was good, solid "mid tier" marvel movie. I didn't like Iron hearts character felt shoehorned and I didn't like the style of her character, her attitude doesn't fit with the role of brilliant inventor type imo. Shuri was good, namor was good, though one thing my wife asked and I had no answer to, how could the "Atlantiians" just stand up and walk away after getting stabbed with the spear? The fight on the boat was dumb in that...it wss on a BOAT Namor has an army which he says could destroy your country and you go to HIS turf and bring only a few hundred people?!?!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw the movie last night. Was good, solid "mid tier" marvel movie. I didn't like Iron hearts character felt shoehorned and I didn't like the style of her character, her attitude doesn't fit with the role of brilliant inventor type imo. Shuri was good, namor was good, though one thing my wife asked and I had no answer to, how could the "Atlantiians" just stand up and walk away after getting stabbed with the spear? The fight on the boat was dumb in that...it wss on a BOAT Namor has an army which he says could destroy your country and you go to HIS turf and bring only a few hundred people?!?!

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
$84M first day for BP2. Probably a hair under MoM for the weekend but holidays surely let it surpass it.

Goatface

1668275505481.png

guess local place is doing ok, 1pm and 2pm showing
1668275929008.png

will never understand people that can watch a movie in the corners. not been to theater in a while, but prices went up, $13.04 for mat, $15.04 after 6pm, plus $3.60 for 3d.

• 1Like