Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thor Love and Thunder made 100 mil less than Ragnarok, but it also didn't open in China like Ragnarok did. Ragnarok made over 110 mil in China. Same with Doctor Strange MoM, that made 950 mil and didn't open in China. Although the reviews were meh for both they still made a shit load of cash.

Thinking Black Panther 2 won't do well is kinda just letting your personal Marvel bias get in the way. Fans of BP are gonna go because they will want to see how and what they do to honor Boseman. Also Shuri was a well received character in the first movie, so her becoming the new BP isn't gonna turn off that many people.
its going to "underperform" meaning it will be right with Love & Thunder and MoM. though i doubt its going to gross as high as L&T . also keep in mind L&T grossed much less than Ragnerok, but also cost more than Ragnerok to produce.
Ragnerok budget 180 million grossed 810 million
L& T budget 250 million, grossed 760 million

BP2 cost probably around 200 million. lets see how well this phase 4 version without Black Panther in it does.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its going to "underperform" meaning it will be right with Love & Thunder and MoM. though i doubt its going to gross as high as L&T . also keep in mind L&T grossed much less than Ragnerok, but also cost more than Ragnerok to produce.
Ragnerok budget 180 million grossed 810 million
L& T budget 250 million, grossed 760 million

BP2 cost probably around 200 million. lets see how well this phase 4 version without Black Panther in it does.

Budget is on Marvel though. Just because a movie costs more to make doesn't mean that it will make more.

Thor Ragnarok
DOMESTIC (36.9%)
$315,058,289
INTERNATIONAL (63.1%)
$538,925,590
WORLDWIDE
$853,983,879

Out of that $112,226,154 was from China.

Thor Love and Thunder
DOMESTIC (45.1%)
$343,256,830
INTERNATIONAL (54.9%)
$417,422,576
WORLDWIDE
$760,679,406

The big difference is this one didn't open in China. If it had, it would have equaled or surpassed Ragnarok.

Pretty sure Marvel didn't know China was gonna fuck them, considering how much they have kowtowed to them in the past.

Also most of us thought that BP wasn't gonna do huge, but guess what it broke smashed to $1,347,597,973. Only 105 million of that was from China.

edit: If anything inflation and people being tighter with money will hurt the box office more than anything else here.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Budget is on Marvel though. Just because a movie costs more to make doesn't mean that it will make more.

Thor Ragnarok
DOMESTIC (36.9%)
$315,058,289
INTERNATIONAL (63.1%)
$538,925,590
WORLDWIDE
$853,983,879

Out of that $112,226,154 was from China.

Thor Love and Thunder
DOMESTIC (45.1%)
$343,256,830
INTERNATIONAL (54.9%)
$417,422,576
WORLDWIDE
$760,679,406

The big difference is this one didn't open in China. If it had, it would have equaled or surpassed Ragnarok.

Pretty sure Marvel didn't know China was gonna fuck them, considering how much they have kowtowed to them in the past.

Also most of us thought that BP wasn't gonna do huge, but guess what it broke smashed to $1,347,597,973. Only 105 million of that was from China.
why do you think BP did huge?
was it because of the hype over Chad Boseman as Black Panther in Civil War
or
iu

joz123

Potato del Grande
They can't use their food stamps for movie tickets though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are all these people all of sudden not going to see Black Panther 2?
but they wont be seeing Black Panther, they will be seeing computer geek chick pretend to be BP. its going to have a big opening weekend because curiosity, but its going to sink fast when they realize its not what they think it is.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
but they wont be seeing Black Panther, they will be seeing computer geek chick pretend to be BP. its going to have a big opening weekend because curiosity, but its going to sink fast when they realize its not what they think it is.
Those people are still going to go because they'll want to see what they do about Boseman. I'm more into the Namor stuff than BP personally. I know everyone hates on the change to an ancient Mayan type civilization, but it's better than being an almost carbon copy of Aquaman Atlantis. Besides the movie has built in pee breaks for whenever Ironheart shows up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To enjoy a MUC movie you need to apply "the suspension of disbelief" in order to not critically tear it up in your mind,

Wakanda Forever is just a leap too far.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw the new BP trailer when I went to see Black Adam, and it looked very entertaining. I hate the first BP, but I'm willing to give this a try.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I saw the new BP trailer when I went to see Black Adam, and it looked very entertaining. I hate the first BP, but I'm willing to give this a try.

You say this as if it isn't a foregone conclusion. You own the Black Panther steelbook, despite supposedly "hating" it.

• 2Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The MCU could release a movie called Poop and it's just two hours of a video of poop and he would still have the steelbook of it. I don't think quality really matters.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The MCU could release a movie called Poop and it's just two hours of a video of poop and he would still have the steelbook of it. I don't think quality really matters.
A hero we can get behind...upwind....

1666644709705.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Probably, as long as the stinger after the credits suggested it was actually Kang's poop. Their 'big villain' building for phase 4 needs work.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That movie would fucking rule. Even more if they make the steelbook scratch and sniff. Wishful thinking, I know.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Quick 1 minute general feelings video? Who are these guys how did they crack the code?