Black Widow (2020)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean there is an element of truth to that complaint, particularly with Tony's "I want one" line when he first sees her, or the gratuitous (but totally awesome) changing scene in the car.

But that movie was 11 fucking years ago and now she's done with the MCU and pretty much at the end of her Hollywood shelf life seeing as how she's not nearly a good enough actress to keep getting A list roles as her looks continue fading, so she sure as shit waited until there wouldn't be any possible blowback before voicing that complaint. And that's leaving aside the fact that dudes are treated the exact same way in the MCU.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That article is complete bullshit with deliberate misquotes from the film. The other characters treat her completely non-sexually. Tony "wants one" (article says "wants some") because she's smart, competent and has badass combat skills. Her gender is simply never an issue.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I mean there is an element of truth to that complaint, particularly with Tony's "I want one" line when he first sees her, or the gratuitous (but totally awesome) changing scene in the car.
Man I wonder what she thinks that "Americas ass" bit in End Game is if she thinks a forgettable line of dialogue is "hyper sexualisation". Surely that must be rape.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Tony saying 'I want one' was 100% in line with his character and not misplaced oversexualization.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they arent even gonna let me enjoy her "last" film. bitch just shut your whore mouth. you were fine with all this for over a decade. there are no take backsies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider

vs.

and

Granted it's also the best MCU movie vs. one of the bottom ones, but I see her point. Agree with Warrik about the Tony line.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

vs.

and

Granted it's also the best MCU movie vs. one of the bottom ones, but I see her point. Agree with Warrik about the Tony line.
she is just as competent a fighter in all those scenes, the first scene from IM2 is when she was undercover as Tony's secretary, so she's still wearing her makeup and her hair is more styled. later scenes she is part of the Avengers initiative and starting to age up. by the time we get to endgame, she looks like she did 8 balls every day for 3 years

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That article is complete bullshit with deliberate misquotes from the film. The other characters treat her completely non-sexually. Tony "wants one" (article says "wants some") because she's smart, competent and has badass combat skills. Her gender is simply never an issue.

What's more this is treated as wrong in the film and a flaw of Tony's. Its not treated as a 'good thing', or normal.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope I am wrong but when a reviewer refers to a movie with a female lead as "visceral and emotional" I default to expecting woke trash.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
The one review I have bothered to watch said that Florence Pugh is the highlight of the show.

Pugh.jpg

• 1Mother of God

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are several movies from the 80s/90s era making jokes about kids slamming toilet seats on their dicks. What kind of monster hogs are these kids working with that this is a recurring issue?
In the pre soy era, back when bush was still a thing.

spronk

FPS noob

1625088284095.png

thats surprisingly high for a comic book movie, Infinity War is at 85%. I wonder how many points got added cuz its a female lead. 10? 15?

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Based on reviews it has whatever bad guy like every other fucking stand alone and fun Black Widow from Winter Soldier so probably none if the action and acting is good which apparently it is.

Metacritic has this at 70 and Endgame at 78, whereas Captain Marvel had a 64 which is probably how this will shake out, since RT is just how many critics gave it a positive review not their star rating

Last edited: