Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This movie sucked and I want other people to admit that it sucked!
False.

I just ordered the 4k BluRay to arrive with my Xbox One X. Gonna' be blastin' this shit all weekend!

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
UPDATE: 4k Bluray with HDR is amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Does it have the 60+ mins of cut scenes?
I haven't checked out any of the extras yet, but this is what it has:

upload_2018-3-2_9-56-7.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I should get this shit and watch it while I have a week off with the kids and wife @ school still - I didn't get to watch it on my 65" LG 4k HDR with my surround - just through plex on 1080 compressed and stereo...and multiple viewings to finish it :-(

oh shit I dont have a 4k player... just a xboner and ps4pro... maybe I can download the 4k and watch it on the ps4 that way

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
How solid is your subwoofer? This soundtrack can cause serious damage.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Its a 12" open box Sony I got at bestbuy for 75$ back when I got my Polks for the surround

I have been needing a reason to buy a new one to "match" ;-)

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
My sub is subpar(har har). I had to lower the output on my. Shit was bottoming out during the intro.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This on the oled was unbelievable. Really enjoyed this, second best flick I’ve seen in awhile (wind river was perfect)

• 3Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This not being up for more awards is enough evidence that movie awards are a crock of shit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does the Blu Ray have as an extra the super long takes of Gosling doing the mental stability tests?

The way villevuve was talking, its got nothing lol

Report back if it has any deleted scenes at all.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching this, and maybe it's because I never watched the original, but the fucking retarded synth blaring is just the worst.

I was trying to find articles about why this decision was made, and all I can find is that it hearkens to the original. Great, but it's incredibly off putting. It does nothing to convey the story, it's just loud, jarring sound.

It's a gorgeous movie, but every time that shit blasted it made me want to mute it. It's like the Inception sounds, but more pointless.

spronk

FPS noob
Its kinda interesting how the sound REALLY bugs some people. My wife as well REALLY hated the movie in theaters for that reason most of all, but to me its just no big deal at all. so weird.

If you hate it at home, you'd probably murder someone if you heard it at Dolby theaters where it was literally crawling up your spine with all the surround sound systems, ATMOS, and just bass speakers all over the seats and stuff.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The sound was definitely off-putting, even in comparison to the original. The balance and levels weren't very well equalized. I also found myself plugging my ears when I saw it in the theater it was so jarring. Especially when he landed his car and missiles were dropping. But still overall enjoyed the movie. But the sound could definitely use some normalizing. It didn't add to the movie, even if it ended up being a "talking point". The rest of the film stands on its own without it. Also, the original wasn't so ridiculous, so harkening back on it is a bad and very inaccurate comparison. The original was quite subtle, while still very much a key factor in its presentation.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was trying to find articles about why this decision was made, and all I can find is that it hearkens to the original.

As acidfly said above, that is a LIE and an excuse. They need to sell DVDs/blurays so they are in full damage control mode on any criticism at all-- and the fans are helping out with that. Its laughable to draw any comparison or even utter the first movie as a response to 2049 sound levels. Desperate to distract, and just plain retarded.

Its the same people who said TLJ was good because "you just weren't smart enough to understand the movie".

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Some of the sounds were pretty loud, but it didn't bother me too much. As where the first few scenes of Solo, the sound levels almost made me want to die. That shit was painful.

Oldbased

> Than U
Some of the sounds were pretty loud, but it didn't bother me too much. As where the first few scenes of Solo, the sound levels almost made me want to die. That shit was painful.
I have the new Vizio soundbar that has the sub and 2 additional speakers https://www.vizio.com/audio/home-theater/sb3251ne0.html
and it was fine overall. The only time everyone within 100 feet had a heart attack is when they were in the market place when the synth hookers first met him and there was some sort of racing noise and the vending machines. It was REALLY loud and reminded me of back when I used to go to the Craftsmen Truck Series NASCAR races on the .4 mile tracks.

Never read the book(s) or really got involved with the fandom of BR but enjoyed the movie well enough, but I do agree as a rando watcher that the sex scene seemed out of place to me even before reading up on this thread.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brad2770

I only found this movie after realizing that the director of Blade Runner 2049 is the same guy that did Sicario.

I have no idea how to describe why I love both, but I think it's because they're chalked full of the mundane in a surreal environment. I think they just feel as "real" as possible in the setting they're in.

I loved Arrival and felt the same way about it. I've watched it a few times in the last 6 months and still enjoy it. I was floored at the end the first time I watched it, when Amy knows what's coming and still gets involved with Jeremy Renner. That's the closest I've come to squeezing out some eye water over a movie since Whale Rider.

Anyways, I'll watch anything that Denis Villeneuve puts out until the end of time. I watched BR2049 3x in the theater, and bought a digital copy as soon as it came out. That guy can have all my money.

Wanted to move this to here since my response was about BR2049.

I have also seen this a couple of times. I haven’t bought a Blu-ray copy yet, but I will when the price is right. Anyways, I like the subtle things he has done. Like the contrast of Kay and Joi. These pics have been my home screen and back screen since the movie came out. White and black. Black and white. Just the small things that made this movie amazing.

B2F7E5B6-71EF-4EEA-B255-22D0CE788042.png

68D7CC87-2258-4835-BAAD-DEE647DF90CA.png

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users