Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
art book for Br2049 on sale on amazon, $27-28 ($40 msrp). i own it and its pretty big and awesome

Denis Villeneuve’s Editor Looks Back at That Four-Hour ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Cut, Teases How He’s Approaching ‘Dune’

‘Blade Runner 2049’ Production Diary Reveals Alternative Title and 9 More Things You Didn’t Know About the Sequel

recently rewatched it again a few nights ago, movie really grows on me on every rewatch. I'm 100% sure in 10-20 years this will achieve the same cult status as the OG BR, and its well deserved. That final sequence where K lies down on the steps and "the" song starts playing is so amazing.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
RIP

Rutger-Hauer-Ravn.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Doing a rewatch. This movie gets better with repeated viewing spaced out. HOW IN FUCK did this only do $259m at the box office when the last ultra shit Star Wars did $1.3b. I love the velvet brutality of Luv...she's my kind of woman.

213.jpg

A small series with replicates as main characters would be interesting.

Scott wants to do his own sequel. What a shitshow that would be. It would be all about SJW replicants who find Jesus and move to an outer world where they try to convert the local population.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The love scene with Joi and Mariette was interesting. Technology like that would be a boon to ugly men and women everywhere.

rdtg.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We really need a director's cut update. I'm thirsty for any word at all since July.

His editor said it was really painful to cut down from 4 hours-- the interest in that is going to be perpetual.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
ugh, jesus fuck, I hope they don't give Scott another go at this. I can't even remember the last good movie that dude made, and his attempts to revisit the Alien universe clearly indicate that he doesn't get it anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
ugh, jesus fuck, I hope they don't give Scott another go at this. I can't even remember the last good movie that dude made, and his attempts to revisit the Alien universe clearly indicate that he doesn't get it anymore.
The last good movie he directed was The Martian.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, The Martian was good. tbh I didn't even realize he directed that, but I liked it.

I want to say I liked American Gangster, but at the same time I've never actually seen the entire movie so maybe I don't. But Matchstick Men for sure was good. That's like 2003. His IMDB is just a minefield of wasted potential and shitty movies.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Oh oh. Come on, Scott, are you going to take a shit on the chest of yet another previously successful movie of yours?

1574781841407.png

Sterling

El Presidente
He's done some great movies, but the amount of trash movies he's done is kind of crazy. Blackhawk Down, Alien and Blade Runner are all time movies for me. The Martian and Gladiator are great too and then there's a few good ones, but like half or more of his movies are just mediocre to actively bad.

• 2Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I don't give a crap what any of you say, Prometheus was a very good movie except for the last 10 mins. The alien that came after Prometheus (covenant?) was awful.

Hmm I guess this guy DOES lay mine fields.

• 3Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It wasn't, though. Potential? Sure, loads. Squandered. Same with Covenant.

I don't want to shit on him too much. I just finished the book of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and let me tell you, he really put a hell of a lot of work and imagination in to get Blade Runner from that source material. The two are barely connected, but his vision is definitely superior to the book. Personally, I think 2049 is better than the original. And Scott claims to have written most of the script for 2049, and when you hear him talk about his overall vision for Blade Runner it's really cool. I'm probably just salty because he missed so hard on those Alien movies, and they had so much potential. And that Robin Hood movie, he took an excellent premise and completely hosed it. I'm not confident that modern day Ridley Scott could have pulled off 2049.

And his "Upcoming Alien Prequel" is going to blow, and that Gladiator 2 shit sounds like a bit from Bojack Horseman. Some people need an editor, or at least someone around who won't just yesman all their bullshit ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The only way to redeem prometheus and covernant is to give me planet Alien now.

With all the material on the fucking ship at the end of covenant, there is no fucking way you can't get me that fucking movie.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Prometheus sucked, and I actually enjoy the movie still.

Scott has a habit of taking a movie 90% of the way there, then fucking it up with retarded characters/dialogue/story in a few areas. Prometheus is a good example because that movie would have been fucking stellar if half the crew wasn't a bunch of cheese-dick retards that constantly did the dumbest fucking thing possible in every situation.

Blade Runner 2049 is outstanding because I'm not hit with a "What the fuck did that retard just say?!" thought every 5-10 minutes like in Scott movies.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah my biggest issue with Prometheus is it's just really hard to get past supposedly top notch minds all being idiots constantly.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users