BLESS

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I requested one, will see what happens. Shows me playing for 6 hours at the time of the refund request. More than half of that was looking at the bless splash screen, definitely didn't play more than about 2-3 hours but it's outside of their policy, so will see if they do it. I like the game, but have little faith it will be cleaned up being that it's not really a new game.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
The peace dove (pvp immunity item) isn't as retarded as it seems. You can't heal or assist other players or attack Elite mobs, the main open-world contested resource, with it activated. It seems to be mostly for people who are getting griefed and want to get away or finish a questline or something.

The real dumb shit that blew my mind is that your cash shop currency is apparently character-bound lmao. So you spend 20$ and get 2400 blessbux on your main, and you can only spend it on shit for that character. That fact + the way the game prices MTX items in increments that don't align cleanly with the blessbux packages (2400 lumena for 20$, costume costs 2600 lumena for example) ensures that you'll always have leftover currency, and you'll have to buy packages separately for each character..

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The peace dove (pvp immunity item) isn't as retarded as it seems. You can't heal or assist other players or attack Elite mobs, the main open-world contested resource, with it activated. It seems to be mostly for people who are getting griefed and want to get away or finish a questline or something.

The real dumb shit that blew my mind is that your cash shop currency is apparently character-bound lmao. So you spend 20$ and get 2400 blessbux on your main, and you can only spend it on shit for that character. That fact + the way the game prices MTX items in increments that don't align cleanly with the blessbux packages (2400 lumena for 20$, costume costs 2600 lumena for example) ensures that you'll always have leftover currency, and you'll have to buy packages separately for each character..

They all pretty much do this bullshit. Tera at least has small increment items to buy.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
I like the game, but have little faith it will be cleaned up being that it's not really a new game.

This is my main concern as well. I don't see the game having legs. Game's like 5-6 years old on UE3, cost an assload of money to make that's not been recouped, no significant expansions, failure in other regions, still incredibly poorly optimized (probably something to do with Unreal Engine 3). I'm gonna enjoy 1-2 months of smashing weebs and then bail probably.

They all pretty much do this bullshit. Tera at least has small increment items to buy.

yea I know, but I think it's particularly egregious with the way your currency is bound to each individual character, not account-wide. edit: apparently this is a bug

Last edited:

Reht

Molten Core Raider
This is my main concern as well. I don't see the game having legs. Game's like 5-6 years old on UE3, cost an assload of money to make that's not been recouped, no significant expansions, failure in other regions. I'm gonna enjoy 1-2 months of smashing weebs and then bail probably.
Yeah, that's about what i hoping to get out of it too, just frustrated as hell right now with the lag, bugs, crashes, etc. The thing that gets me is i actually like the look of the game, the combat isn't terribad, etc. I didn't get an expensive pack, hell i drop a lot more for one night at the bar, so if they don't refund it - i won't be mad and will still probably tinker around a bit.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
I think the combat is pretty fun tbh, coming from BDO I didn't have very high hopes for it but the combo chains are a nice twist on your standard tab-target fare. Granted I've only gotten to level 15 so far, who knows how it will play in endgame dungeons or PVP - I could see it being pretty frustrating having to cycle through a few 'prep' skills to access the skill you want to use. If the rhythm is right it could work.

I also really like the game's style, not as much as BDO but more than most KR grinder garbage. We'll see if that lasts once everyone is riding neon spiders and ducks and shit with harpies and rock elementals following them. The architecture of the Union city is pretty damn cool though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is really odd how they are handling Costumes and Currency here in NA/Eu, at least for now. In other regions you could send Costumes and Currency to any of your characters. I can only hope those features are just not enabled... for some reason. I didn't drop much money into the game, and so far the combat is a lot better than JP, everything else is as I expected.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I requested one, will see what happens. Shows me playing for 6 hours at the time of the refund request. More than half of that was looking at the bless splash screen, definitely didn't play more than about 2-3 hours but it's outside of their policy, so will see if they do it. I like the game, but have little faith it will be cleaned up being that it's not really a new game.

Try it, if enough people are reporting issues sometimes steam will override their policy. No Mans Sky for example, or Nier when it first launched were both games that had a massive uproar and requests for refunds even past the 2hrs and a lot of people got them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is really odd how they are handling Costumes and Currency here in NA/Eu, at least for now. In other regions you could send Costumes and Currency to any of your characters. I can only hope those features are just not enabled... for some reason. I didn't drop much money into the game, and so far the combat is a lot better than JP, everything else is as I expected.
Iirc Blade and Soul also launched with similar stupid shit stuff, then they added cash shop consumable items to send shit to your other chars, and I think more recently they just removed it and you can trade shit(but haven't played since launch so could be wrong on that). It is kinda weird that they do this on western releases, I don't think western players will buy more costumes if you character lock them, but maybe they will.

Got my refund
I saw a reddit post saying they got their refunds even with 6+ hours too(or maybe that's you), so yeah seems Steam support guys are pretty much giving refunds to everyone who asks, at least for a couple of days or whatever. It makes sense to not take into account the 2hour limit on a game that you might basically not have been able to play at all due to launch server issues. Generally I'd say that's not really worth refunding over, since virtually every mmo has launch issues(and many have expansion launch issues even) but that's not really the only issues with this.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I saw a reddit post saying they got their refunds even with 6+ hours too(or maybe that's you), so yeah seems Steam support guys are pretty much giving refunds to everyone who asks, at least for a couple of days or whatever. It makes sense to not take into account the 2hour limit on a game that you might basically not have been able to play at all due to launch server issues. Generally I'd say that's not really worth refunding over, since virtually every mmo has launch issues(and many have expansion launch issues even) but that's not really the only issues with this.
Wasn't me. I almost feel bad since i have been through so many bad new launches and haven't ever asked for a refund or returned a game. If it was a new game, i would have either slugged my way through it or waited a bit before trying it again expecting the game to either die or get fixed - i guess i had higher expectations, maybe too high, and held the launch to a higher standard.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Not defending the game or anything, but anyone who buys an MMO and complains and moans about login/crash issues on release day, and goes to get a refund is foolish, what are people expecting. Return the game in a week if it doesn't deliver on something which was promised...not on day one for day one fixable issues.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not defending the game or anything, but anyone who buys an MMO and complains and moans about login/crash issues on release day, and goes to get a refund is foolish, what are people expecting. Return the game in a week if it doesn't deliver on something which was promised...not on day one for day one fixable issues.

I fully agree, but also people spent money on a product they can't even log in to. You can't blame people for being upset.

Also aside from server issues, the optimization in this game is fucking awful and INEXCUSABLE considering they've had since god damn 2011 to make it not run bad and it still runs bad.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

No. It's Steam man. You have a time frame to get your loot back or not at all.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pops

I gave up. The whole release reminds me of Archeage. Thank god for Steam's refund policy.

• 1Like

Pops

guido2.jpg

guido3.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users