Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Yeah no this wasn't mistakes but deliberate change in everything. They're also stupid but this was deliberate first.

Time to snap out of it and realize.

"They're just stupid" is a cop out and excuse for them doing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah no this wasn't mistakes but deliberate change in everything. They're also stupid but this was deliberate first.

Time to snap out of it and realize.

"They're just stupid" is a cop out and excuse for them doing it.
It's not an excuse. It's an explanation.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's not an excuse. It's an explanation.

No it's an excuse like ha ha whoops butter fingers, when everything was done purely intentionally. No one slipped on a banana peel or was honestly stupid enough to believe phone diablo where u spend thousands of dollars would go over well with their base.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
In the corporate world, I tend to replace stupidity with laziness or apathy and it always seems to fit.
Usually it's layers of unnecessary management who micromanage the people who actually do the work, which actually adds to workload and reduces productivity - because they don't know how to manage people and make them fill out paperwork to show that they are following the new directives.

Then those same people are in charge of finding out what is going wrong.

I've experienced this, my wife has, my father has... mix of workplaces and public/private sector. It's all the same shit.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No it's an excuse like ha ha whoops butter fingers, when everything was done purely intentionally. No one slipped on a banana peel or was honestly stupid enough to believe phone diablo where u spend thousands of dollars would go over well with their base.

Bolstering this is the fact all of the Diablo Immortal changes were done during much later phases of development, near release.

Alpha test Immortal had everything correct for an MMO. Timegates nonexistent, bunch of mechanics improved over what ended up releasing. Pay2win system toned down.

That was all done inside of 12 months-- and it was done rapidly each month sweeping changes were made to "Blizzard-ify" the game. This was intentional and with malice. Every alpha tester was saying the game was fine and not to make any big changes. They received multiple alpha tester feedback from influencers every day saying not do make any big changes and that everything was fine. Blizzard engaged with these alpha testers every day, and then the 180 hit, complete about face, big big changes, in fact the opposite of what the alpha testers said to do, which was maintain current product and just release it as is. Timegates were suddenly added in mass to several currency systems. Heavy restrictions on gem progression were put in, making pay2win the ultimate way to play the game.

Big changes were systematically rolled out into an already complete functional game. That's intent and with malice.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard engaged with these alpha testers every day, and then the 180 hit, complete about face, big big changes, in fact the opposite of what the alpha testers said to do, which was maintain current product and just release it as is.
They most likely got the order from above to tighten the thumbscrews of monetization, and probably brought in "experts" to optimize their revenue. Basically, you can see the point in time when the game designers were replaced by bean counters.

I guess Blizzard couldn't afford to pay for both the lawsuits and Bobby's next yacht.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They most likely got the order from above to tighten the thumbscrews of monetization, and probably brought in "experts" to optimize their revenue. Basically, you can see the point in time when the game designers were replaced by bean counters.

I guess Blizzard couldn't afford to pay for both the lawsuits and Bobby's next yacht.

There is absolutely a monetization or sub retention team at Blizzard.

Blizzard let a lot of people in very early in the Immortal dev cycle compared to say BFA or Shadowlands.

This allowed people to get an inside look at how Blizzard implements changes. Mainly the timegates, which has become a trademark of all Blizzard games.

It was apparent after Immortal went gold (they have to claim PC is "beta" as a political stance, so they can mitigate criticism for the pay2win experiment and drastic timegating) that Blizzard has a dedicated design team exactly for these sorts of things. This was the "polish" that Immortal recieved over the last 12 months.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This thread went over that a lot, it was a nothing burger. Taking low self-esteem whores up to a room in a hotel, regardless of what nickname you have for it, isn't against the law. The State had no case in regards to sexual assault, they knew this and added on a bunch of other stuff for optics. They settled out of court.

They weren't being charged with sexual assault, they were being charged with running Blizzard like a frat house.

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fake woke high profile corporation runs into seriously woke insane one-party ideological California police state.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They weren't being charged with sexual assault, they were being charged with running Blizzard like a frat house.
They were being charged with a number of weak, non-winnable issues, like pay gaps, so they added other stuff like sexual harassment and anything remotely related to that to gain sympathy. It was all bullshit, that is why the state settled out of court.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
"“I’ve always firmly believed that when there’s a good culture across teams, creative excellence flows. So I call our culture team ‘team zero.’”"
Yeah, a team of zeroes.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really wish Streamers would stop using Diablo Immortal as a catch all click bait title. Shit makes me not want to watch their videos cause Im just expecting them to recite the same shit the last 5000 streamers said. This streamer says some insightful shit and barely touches on Diablo Immortal, so why the fk would he even use it other than for click bait? ffs.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The number of jack asses on this board that sheeped into that one. Way too high.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
The number of jack asses on this board that sheeped into that one. Way too high.
I honestly apologise.

I do occasionally "donate" to Gatcha games if I get box price out of them, but usually I get some sort of 5* waifu and smash some content with until I get bored.

Diablo Immortal was the first time I've felt like my money was wasted.