Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is the potion belt mechanic again?
The number of potions you can have at any time determined by the potion slot modifiers on the belt. I think that is related to base type.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Only reason D2 even had staying power was because on the legacy client you could buy a CD key for $10, download Kolbot and a pickit program and roll a dozen hammerdins to do nothing but farm 24/7 365 on some $100 computer in your basement.

This just allowed people to get BIS gear extremely quick and cheap so they could engage in high end PvP, people loved running around with their 57k dmg charger paladins, or zealsorc or GG fireclaw druids

D2R however is like 40GB of space and requires a pretty decent computer and it's connected to Battle.net so you can't use a loader to bring up multiple clients or run Kolbot without anticheat kicking off because it's a DLL hook.

This just means people can't farm their enigma or grief easily and now have to commit to either 1000+ lower kurast runs on players 5, or pay some shit lord $600 on D2JSP for the runes and base...

High end PvP is going to be DOA when gear doesn't exist and you just get telestomped by blizz sorcs 99% of the time, and that's 90% of the D2 playerbase

Oh no, you mean you have to play a game without cheating.. what a travesty. If anything I wish Blizzard would brick the accounts of every piece of shit bot who ever existed.

• 8Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 13 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Oh no, you mean you have to play a game without cheating.. what a travesty. If anything I wish Blizzard would brick the accounts of every piece of shit bot who ever existed.
Makes me wonder why people buy a game to play, and do everything in their power to not have to play it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sometimes it's about gaming. Sometimes it's about metagaming.
Exactly.

It isn't about killing Baal in hell mode.

It's about making the perfectly rolled PvP character that you can legitimately compete in PvP ladder tournaments, and you're never going to be competitive if you're running a bonesnap and sigons at level 74

• 1Pathetic

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it really "metagaming" if the only level playing field requires bot farms? Sounds more like mental gymnastics to avoid harsh truths.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Abacab

Is it really "metagaming" if the only level playing field requires bot farms? Sounds more like mental gymnastics to avoid harsh truths.
It's because back in 1.10 Blizzard changed droprates, stuff like Jah runes USED to not be that rare but with all the hacks, bots, dupes and exploits they made certain high value items have like a .001% drop chance; which ironically made it all but impossible to get in a reasonable ladder time frame without the use of the aforementioned programs.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
'it's just slavery with more steps'
I resemble that remark…

79677C5E-598B-4604-AF68-2BACDAD9CFB6.jpeg

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I mean, the easiest answer is to have 'official' servers that ban that shit and 'anything goes' servers so people can play how they want.

That last part is probably the most offensive thing you could say to someone at Blizzard though.

Abacab

Probably because the game is shit and encourages it at every turn.
Correct.

If I have to run 20+ bots that farm 24/7 for weeks straight to get the runes just for RNG to low roll it on me with the stats thus having to keep doing it; then the game has a serious flaw that encourages unattended play and duping, because no sane person is going to solo grind that out nor put a 2nd mortgage for a CHANCE at having a decent roll on a runeword.

Now that battle.net has anticheat that slaps down bots they really need to just adjust the drop rate on runes and not have that shit on a 1:328,299 drop chance where a fucking Ber rune is rarer than Ashes of Alar on WoW

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, I have no idea how to interpret Morrow's post. More likely some server issues dumping most of the playerbase. Even for a nostalgia trip, I wouldn't expect this to last less than a week.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Some of the bigger twitch streamers didn't play it 72 hours straight so in some people's minds that means the game is dead.

Anyway, they got their money for a couple weeks worth of real work. Win for blizzard.

• 1Like