Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, Bobby is absolutely worth the money because decisions aren't made in a vacuum and Bobby delivering $2 BILLION in net profit (that's almost a 30% profit margin) is something few other executives can claim to be doing.

Who da man?!? Bobby da man!! How loud is the board cheering in 2021?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1637389567459.png

1637389596914.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Even if it is, still amazing for a 17 year old game that hasn't been fun in the past 10.
What are you talking about? People still play Tetris to this day, and the game is over 35 years old? Age doesn't matter to games: look at all those remasters going on right now.

Also: I had fun in Legion, and that was less than 10 years ago. The expansion had it's flaws, a lot of them in hindsight, but Legion was the last expansion they added a system (M+) that lasted more than one expansion. Classes mostly played better during Legion than they play now during Shadowlands, or even BfA.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Who da man?!? Bobby da man!! How loud is the board cheering in 2021?

Pretty fucking loud seeing as Activison reported a third quarter margin of $520 Million. That's just a measly 40% of gross profit.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty fucking loud seeing as Activison reported a third quarter margin of $520 Million. That's just a measly 40% of gross profit.

Lol 1/2 billion in pure profit what a failed CEO... clearly if he made better games and embraced Communism they would make more.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
these woke companies plan to float on ESG score. they're all in on it. they don't need a good product they have to walk the line the comissariat likes or they don't get their money. product is secondary. it's all a ruse.

So they are okay with flushing players. they can't abide by some one harming their coveted ESG

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol 1/2 billion in pure profit what a failed CEO... clearly if he made better games and embraced Communism they would make more.
The only thing that matters in life is enabling other people to profit off you apparently.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only thing that matters in life is enabling other people to profit off you apparently.

If you aren't objective enough to step back and see things from a CEO perspective then you are a fucking imbecile. You are making the same mistake S Secrets was making the other day.

As a gamer are those actions to best for me? No they are not
As a shareholder of activation are they the best for me? Yes they are

If you cant see past your own ideals as to how the world works... well nevermind you constantly post midwit shit over these forums. The lack of simple critical thinking is obvious.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For a CEO of a huge corporation? Yes it is. And you are naive if you think that is different for any other CEO in the same position.

Not sure how you can't comprehend it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not agreeing with doesn't mean not comprehending.

I'm from a country where public areas are full of statues of Chriatian men, Victorian indistrialists, who used their massive profits for the public good to build schools, hospitals, universities and government buildings. This is the capitalism which built The West. Elon Musk's mission to Mars is a modern example.

The West being taken over by Jewish financiers in the last few decades is something else.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I like that you are redpilled about the early life button, but that isn't something that just started in the last few decades. Greed has always been the underpinning of capitalism, and it is a two edged sword.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Not PURE profit. They had to take a writedown on the $200 Blizzbux they gave to workers they laid off.

• 1Worf
  • 1Ice Burn

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What are you talking about? People still play Tetris to this day, and the game is over 35 years old? Age doesn't matter to games: look at all those remasters going on right now.

Also: I had fun in Legion, and that was less than 10 years ago. The expansion had it's flaws, a lot of them in hindsight, but Legion was the last expansion they added a system (M+) that lasted more than one expansion. Classes mostly played better during Legion than they play now during Shadowlands, or even BfA.
Age matters to games when they change constantly with patches. That’s why people wanted a vanilla WoW. The game had changed so much from what they had fun with that it wasn’t fun anymore.

Retro games are a bad example. They were made, fun, and still exist in their original fun form. when people buy the remasters it’s because it’s still the same game with a prettier skin or because they no longer have the original system it played on.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not agreeing with doesn't mean not comprehending.

I'm from a country where public areas are full of statues of Chriatian men, Victorian indistrialists, who used their massive profits for the public good to build schools, hospitals, universities and government buildings. This is the capitalism which built The West. Elon Musk's mission to Mars is a modern example.

The West being taken over by Jewish financiers in the last few decades is something else.
Take a step back and think about "why" those Victorian Industrialists spent tons and tons of money to improve the education of their countries citizens. Patriotism is one thing, but I would wager the majority of their reasoning is to have more workers for their factories that can actually do the work that's needed to advance their own net worth. As you parade around the benefits of that, you point out Elon Musk as if he isn't doing the same thing.

SpaceX spent a fraction of the money in comparison to what has been funneled into Nasa for decades in order to develop a reusable Rocket, which as basic as that sounds.. is revolutionizing space travel. Which in its own way, will help all of Humanity for years to come - not just the US. Elon Musk may have his own opinion about money, but his backers sure af care about it. As far as I've read, only one country is against helping Elon and that's Russia. Their latest whine is about Satellites. If you go back into the history of it all - they have been shady af to him for quite a long time and are now sufferings the consequences for their actions. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Outside of those obvious points - I love your patriotic innocence.

• 2Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Was on board with you partially until you brought up a religion, and this is probably going to result in comparisons to the Israeli ethnostate, and this is going to lead to Godwin's law really fucking fast.

Listen here, Chris: Religion, Race, Sexism, Gender are all symptoms of a problem.

I may not like money, but I know I need to play into the system 'just enough' for success.

If I don't like that money is needed, I acquire money until I can change the system, or can operate in my sphere without worrying about money. I'm actually employed at a company that is a ton more lenient than Activision Blizzard when it comes to monetization, they operate smaller and make smaller advancements in their field, that is perfectly okay to do.

Once I obtain enough money for myself, I can then make games as a hobby. To that extent, after my current project, I may consider moving industries to acquire currency faster, and again, that is perfectly okay since most of the work translates 1:1 to business software engineering.

I work in games and enjoy it as a hobby. These are two conflicting ideologies. One approaches these from a business mindset, as Kotick does. He wants to create an enterprise for him and his friends. Those under him may suffer.

The harsh reality is, though, there's nothing you or I can do about that if we're working under him, or playing a game he makes. You can simply not play Activision Blizzard games like I do, and that's all you can do until his company collapses. If it does, then you can point and laugh on a forum like this, and that's again fine.

What's not okay is blaming a completely unrelated group of people for you not enjoying a video game. You can blame an individual (Kotick, his friends/allies), but you cannot blame every single person that may be in an ethnic group or religious group for your issue with one company.

Doing so is simply pissing into the wind and gets nothing done, and makes you look like a buffoon. Arguing your completely inane points here where everyone already knows the issue isn't going to help your case.

If you really want to change things, argue your point once, and then actually go and fucking make change in the industry you want to see change, or don't, and continue to get shit on by people here - the more you argue that things should change without influencing them yourself, the less relevant your opinion becomes.

It's why I took like, idk, 3 days to actually reflect on what I posted here and realized that the posters like BoozeCube BoozeCube actually have some really fucking good points?

Short of legal action (and it has to be on basis other than 'capitalist man bad') he's not relinquishing his company. He'll likely die with a completely valueless company, or people will resign / company will tank in stock / profits will drop / combination of the prior 3. Or he'll hire some actually talented people, they'll take the reigns, and he retires to an island like Furor did with a shit ton of stock still, and company is saved.

If your options are sell your stock without consequence because people want you gone, you now have all of your company assets such as stock as realized gains and won't ever have to work a day in your life again, company gets its redemption arc, and you get to fuck off and have zero responsibilities going forward.

It's the same shit when people tell Elon Musk to sell his company's stock because 'he has so much money'... it's all unrealized gains.

If he does that under the guise of doing something like 'solving world hunger' or some other woke shit, he now has a scot-free way of selling off massive amounts of stock and won't get investigated if he does it under the guise of charity.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Was on board with you partially until you brought up a religion, and this is probably going to result in comparisons to the Israeli ethnostate, and this is going to lead to Godwin's law really fucking fast.

Listen here, Chris: Religion, Race, Sexism, Gender are all symptoms of a problem.

I may not like money, but I know I need to play into the system 'just enough' for success.

If I don't like that money is needed, I acquire money until I can change the system, or can operate in my sphere without worrying about money. I'm actually employed at a company that is a ton more lenient than Activision Blizzard when it comes to monetization, they operate smaller and make smaller advancements in their field, that is perfectly okay to do.

Once I obtain enough money for myself, I can then make games as a hobby. To that extent, after my current project, I may consider moving industries to acquire currency faster, and again, that is perfectly okay since most of the work translates 1:1 to business software engineering.

I work in games and enjoy it as a hobby. These are two conflicting ideologies. One approaches these from a business mindset, as Kotick does. He wants to create an enterprise for him and his friends. Those under him may suffer.

The harsh reality is, though, there's nothing you or I can do about that if we're working under him, or playing a game he makes. You can simply not play Activision Blizzard games like I do, and that's all you can do until his company collapses. If it does, then you can point and laugh on a forum like this, and that's again fine.

What's not okay is blaming a completely unrelated group of people for you not enjoying a video game. You can blame an individual (Kotick, his friends/allies), but you cannot blame every single person that may be in an ethnic group or religious group for your issue with one company.

Doing so is simply pissing into the wind and gets nothing done, and makes you look like a buffoon. Arguing your completely inane points here where everyone already knows the issue isn't going to help your case.

If you really want to change things, argue your point once, and then actually go and fucking make change in the industry you want to see change, or don't, and continue to get shit on by people here - the more you argue that things should change without influencing them yourself, the less relevant your opinion becomes.

It's why I took like, idk, 3 days to actually reflect on what I posted here and realized that the posters like BoozeCube BoozeCube actually have some really fucking good points?

Short of legal action (and it has to be on basis other than 'capitalist man bad') he's not relinquishing his company. He'll likely die with a completely valueless company, or people will resign / company will tank in stock / profits will drop / combination of the prior 3. Or he'll hire some actually talented people, they'll take the reigns, and he retires to an island like Furor did with a shit ton of stock still, and company is saved.

If your options are sell your stock without consequence because people want you gone, you now have all of your company assets such as stock as realized gains and won't ever have to work a day in your life again, company gets its redemption arc, and you get to fuck off and have zero responsibilities going forward.

It's the same shit when people tell Elon Musk to sell his company's stock because 'he has so much money'... it's all unrealized gains.

If he does that under the guise of doing something like 'solving world hunger' or some other woke shit, he now has a scot-free way of selling off massive amounts of stock and won't get investigated if he does it under the guise of charity.
Jewish isn’t just a religion. It’s a race. That’s why atheist like Sam Harris still says he’s Jewish. The Bolsheviks were Jewish. The communist movements in the 1920s in the west we’re all run by communists even in Canada. Marxism is just Talmud Judaism and you are below them.
If any of you idiots don’t believe the money handlers are communist then why is high finance now running of the ESG credit scoring system. It’s purely Marxism