Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think D3 had a really good release but after that I just... don't know what happened.
What happened was that D3 was a terribly designed game that sold great because at the time people still believed Blizzard could do no wrong and you could buy any Blizzard game unseen. I don't know when you all got off the Blizz train, but for me it wasn't anything WoW-related it was their failure to make a good new Diablo game.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You people really do have goldfish brains. WoW gave you a copy of D3 and mounts and shit for a 12 month sub. Pretty much everyone in the world hopped on that for Cata because it was before Blizzard has shit the bed on their IPs. Diablo 3 on release made Cyberpunk look like a finished game. D3 released wasn't just the RMAH no, the entire game was borked to fuck and back. They then moved that team to WOW as a reward and they shit in its mouth too.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
D3 at launch was a clusterfuck of balance problems, RMAH, actively discouraged grouping, brutal scaling at highest difficulty.
They fixed all of that and it turned into a decent game. Still could be better since the way it's itemized is dumb as fuck but the basic gameplay itself is extremely smooth and fun.

• 5Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As someone who loves playing melee the smoothness of D3 was definitely more enjoyable to me than the POE melee experience back then

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Gameplay aside, D3 was the product that really affirmed to me that blizzard can not, or can no longer, write. The first time I noticed it was leveling in WotLK as the Lich King functioned as a Saturday morning cartoon villain, but D3 is what really sealed the deal. The exact moment was probably Deckard Cain being killed off by a poorly written fairy, but it was more than that.

Of course I continued to consume blizzard games for another 10 years, with ups and downs. 99% of that is because of often fun gameplay, and nothing to do with any kind of compellingly written dialogue or story narrative.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The gameplay isn't fun, it's just crisp and responsive-- which is secondary fun in the current marketplace.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What happened was that D3 was a terribly designed game that sold great because at the time people still believed Blizzard could do no wrong and you could buy any Blizzard game unseen. I don't know when you all got off the Blizz train, but for me it wasn't anything WoW-related it was their failure to make a good new Diablo game.
I got D3 because it was "free" with that one-year sub to WoW.

• 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I now regret not saving all those "milking chambers" pohotoshops with Ion. That breast milk stealing seems to have bubbled up again after it was already alleged in the California lawsuit.

Have some shitpost then:

1639333067040.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The gameplay isn't fun, it's just crisp and responsive-- which is secondary fun in the current marketplace.
I'd say crisp and responsive is the pre-requisite to having good gameplay though. They had a solid engine, just fucked up the execution. D3 gameplay could've been amazing had they just ported over the systems from D2 even. Imagine if they had taken the risks GGG did with Path of Exile. But of course they accommodate to the lowest common dejogginator and we end up with the most watered down version of everything.

It still baffles my mind they didn't even try to copy over the systems of D2. Main stat faggotry with a nice little green color so you don't have to spend all 60 IQ points to know if you got an upgrade or not.

Same shit in WOW. They are so scared of introducing cool items that really shake up the meta because "What about the world first race!?" and the "But what if somebody finds something really broken and the trivialize content!"

Shit is just rife with the attitude of a over protective soccer mom that tells the kids they're running too fast when playing tag. Hope the whole company gets sold off to China and they wipe the studio completely clean.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I really dont think their is a limit to how utterly retarded the typical wow player is;

1639346118077.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vedette

<Donor>
Corporations focus anger on minorities? Lol what fucking clown world does this American Inventor live in?

I assume referring to Koch backed propaganda about migrant caravans.

This is going to get political fast, but I'm pointing out that's not a "fucking clown world" take.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I assume referring to Koch backed propaganda about migrant caravans.

This is going to get political fast, but I'm pointing out that's not a "fucking clown world" take.
The Koch brothers have been pro illegal immigration for decades. I am sure this hot piece of garbage masquerading as journalism from the intercept isnt a flaming pile of shit.

Corporation do nothing but blast the social agenda of the far left. LGBTQ shit everywhere, BLM shit everywhere. Anti white programs everywhere. The only minority the corporations are attacking are whites.

• 5Like