Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Malkav

French Madman
It seems they are keeping Kotick as CEO, which seems pretty retarded unless it was a condition for the deal.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Everything you play/see/do will be owned by the same people... and you'll be happy

1642514708625.png

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It seems they are keeping Kotick as CEO, which seems pretty retarded unless it was a condition for the deal.

First thing I thought when I saw the deal was "This is why Kotick didn't resign, he wanted to get paid" but if that's the case, I dunno. I still cant believe he has a job.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
First thing I thought when I saw the deal was "This is why Kotick didn't resign, he wanted to get paid" but if that's the case, I dunno. I still cant believe he has a job.

They will keep him until the sale is done and then give him a nice going away package.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Yeah he's staying as CEO until the deal closes in FY2023. Regulators have to approve a deal of this kind given the antitrust rules.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow thats an insane deal. It wont change anything for us as gamers unfortunately. The damage is done and is just now more people putting their fingerprints all over everything.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Didn't we already have this conversation earlier in this thread? They are keeping Kotick because he prints money for the company. You may not like his decisions, but the board did and it looks like Microsoft does too. Hell, he may have been in the meetings begging to be purchased so that he can "restructure" the activists out of the company.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Didn't we already have this conversation earlier in this thread? They are keeping Kotick because he prints money for the company. You may not like his decisions, but the board did and it looks like Microsoft does too. Hell, he may have been in the meetings begging to be purchased so that he can "restructure" the activists out of the company.
As someone else mentioned, I doubt he will stay on past the deal approval and finalization next year.

• 2Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
This purchase does not surprise me at all. There have been rumors recently in the last year of MS trying to make another big purchase and deals like this just dont get done in just a couple of months. The drama over the last serval months probably help MS getting them bought out at a lower share price.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
NOW MY SELF-INSERT FURSLASHFANCTION SHALL BE MADE CANON - Microsoft Senior Executive

Honestly at this point I'm fine with someone coming in and just shoving in the fan fiction they wrote back in college right in to the game. All-Elite Wrestling came out fine.