Blizzcon 2014 - Who's going?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Page is up and the beta link works now.

Hey at least they are trying something different. If it's as good as TF2 it'll get a shitload of players. I'm interested in Bethesda's product as well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overwatch is just a reworked version the PvP aspect of Titan, guess they thought making the PvE portion of the game "fun" was too difficult, so they cut it out and went this boring route which has been done over and over and over and over and over. Nothing really new here, right? Seems just like any other FPS PvP shooter.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is from the wow insider liveblog:

Titan rumors suggested a Destiny-like game set on Earth, using real world maps of real world locations. Overwatch is less Destiny, more Team Fortress 2. Locals are stylized rather than realistic, small maps rather than MMO-scale cities. Titan the MMO was almost certainly scrapped for Overwatch the team-based shooter.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is from the wow insider liveblog:

Titan rumors suggested a Destiny-like game set on Earth, using real world maps of real world locations. Overwatch is less Destiny, more Team Fortress 2. Locals are stylized rather than realistic, small maps rather than MMO-scale cities. Titan the MMO was almost certainly scrapped for Overwatch the team-based shooter.
Well that's disappointing, still looks pretty fun (but shallow). We'll see.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I'm not a huge fan of wildstar/pixar graphic style applied to blizzard game wich are supposed to be kind of mature/dark but we'll see
wat

Overwatch is just a reworked version the PvP aspect of Titan, guess they thought making the PvE portion of the game "fun" was too difficult, so they cut it out and went this boring route which has been done over and over and over and over and over. Nothing really new here, right? Seems just like any other FPS PvP shooter.
Yeah look at all those TF2 clones like, uh, Super Monday Night Combat and um....

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loadout, Battlefield heroes, Warframe, Monday night combat....Just to name a few of the dozens.....
Calling something a clone is just lazy and stupid. How many original ideas are there? All that matters is if it is fun.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
People are only saying this game is like TF2 because it has classes, team objectives and is FPS (and they saw a turret.) From everything else I've seen that seems to be where the similarities stop.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loadout, Battlefield heroes, Warframe, Monday night combat....Just to name a few of the dozens.....
Are any of those really any good (on the level on TF2)? Not saying this is going to be, but it's got a chance. They took a tired genre (CCG) and turned into something before (Hearthstone).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just saying bro, there has been a few. TF2 is also like 2006? game?
Fair enough. Meant no hostility. Eq is what a 1999 game, but people still want that remade. Games take inspiration from other games. I just personally care if it's fun or not. It looks fun to me but time will tell.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
20 years of Warcraft, 10 years of WoW and one line "we release a charity pet" is what WoW players taking from this. Also Tigole went a bit derpy, no?

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there any resteams going or any way to unlock the main stage on the blizzcon site like last year?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Kotaku was reporting that this was the combat/PvP pieces of Titan.
I'd have preferred they cut out the pvp/multiplayer pieces and kept the single player experience, but you can't always get what you waaaaant.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Blizzard should of done Destiny or Destiny like game. They have the entire PvE shit down to a science.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
20 years of Warcraft, 10 years of WoW and one line "we release a charity pet" is what WoW players taking from this. Also Tigole went a bit derpy, no?
The need to make the ebola pet a red blob that explodes and infects other pets and kills them. Oh if I could only get to make my own game.