Blood Bowl

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
I went into OT against some elves. I was a little disappointed that they still had 3 players available for the last kickoff.
What team were you playing... those elves look pretty beat up
biggrin.png

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was using my Norse campaign team. It's amazing how I still learn something pretty much every game that I play, even against the CPU.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Oh, yeah...I slow-played the last possession to score on turn 24, so they got the kick-off, but had no way to score. I think I finally figured out the best way to defend against Dodgy teams during that game. We'll see how well it works next time. :p

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
Yeah defending against people is different to playing AI, as the AI never seem to do anything sensible. At least not when I play them. Had a tomb guardian pick up the ball in 3 tzs, dodge 3 times through tzs and pass to a blitz-rah for them to score for the draw. Kinda irritating lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Against agi 4 teams you just have to force them to make as many rolls as possible. Mark everyone you can and try to force them to choose between dodging or making a 1d block. Also, you often need to worry less about the ball carrier and more about possible receivers. Any elf team is capable of moving the ball the entire length of the pitch in a single turn, it does you no good to have the ball carrier surrounded if he dodges out and passes to an open receiver who then runs farther down field, hands off the ball, and then THAT guy runs his full move for the TD. You also need to plan around skills like sidestep and fend. It may not be worth the risk to block someone with sidestep because you might push them out of coverage or at least make their dodge roll next turn much easier.

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do to learn how to play against an agi team is to actually play one yourself for awhile.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Playing Orcs vs Halflings in campaign. Was hoping for more KOs. Couldn't take out the Treemen but I did knock them down quite a few times. Re-rolled for gold and couldn't get past 20K.

rrr_img_11631.jpg

rrr_img_11632.jpg

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Bumping this for visibility in this forum, since sure competitive gaming doesn't get the traffic this one does.

We are currently in week 5 of 7 of Season 1 of the Blood Bowl League for the forums. In about 2 weeks here I'm going to be putting together the roster for Season 2. If you've been thinking about getting into it, now's a good time to pull the trigger, or you may have to wait a few months for another chance.

Check out the thread in Competitive Gaming, or PM me if you're interested.

satael

Silver Squire
How about making a tv1200 limit on any new teams for season 2 (and no cash in treasury+all previous games must be played in the rerolled open league (with the possibility of being rejected if the games look like too much farming instead of playing to win))?

badlok

N00b
Man i would love to play in that league but my working schedrule don't allowed it!

I lost in the final of ours freinds league and my lvl 5 minotaur got kill because i was out smoking insted of using my apothicary , damn it!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
How about making a tv1200 limit on any new teams for season 2 (and no cash in treasury+all previous games must be played in the rerolled open league (with the possibility of being rejected if the games look like too much farming instead of playing to win))?
Nah. Teams are fresh or official league games only. Keeps it real, homey. Pulling teams from an open league where you get a chance to cherry pick your opponent doesn't really put you on even keel with guys like Moon who've gotten just fucking destroyed this season and kept on trucking.

I can pretty much guarantee you that a fresh team for season 2 isn't going to be at that much of a disadvantage. A good half the teams are still under 1100 TV as it is, and for the teams that aren't, your rookie team is going to pull some massive inducements. Wizards and bribes go a long way towards leveling the playing field.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wizards and bribes go a long way towards leveling the playing field.
this times infinity. If I had to choose between 150 TV worth of levelups on my team and a wizard, I'd always take the wizard. Less so on the bribe cause I'm pretty bad at fouling, but wizards are game changing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shit, I think a fresh time might be better than a lot of existing teams based on the injuries that are out there.

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
this times infinity. If I had to choose between 150 TV worth of levelups on my team and a wizard, I'd always take the wizard. Less so on the bribe cause I'm pretty bad at fouling, but wizards are game changing.
I'm not a wizard fan personally :p rather extra RR's or star players if I have that much