Bloodborne

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved Ludwigs my first play through. It has great reach and multiple damage types plus great scaling. I put that away when I got the pizza cutter though. That thing was amazing and so much fun. My last play through i went skill based and beat the game with saw spear -> Beasthuntet Saif -> Church Pick. All 3 were fun and the Church Pick is probably the all around best weapon in the game. Still pizza cutter is where its at. If i played again i would do something like Tonitris -> Boom Hammer.

Just so many fun and cool weapons.

I had to do some farming occasionally . I always had more trouble with the beast bosses than the humanoid ones. I had to farm vials for Ludwig and Lawrence. That shit killed me to learn. Many many many attempts. Once I got it though I beat him in NG and NG+ pretty easily.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree. I'm a die-hard soulsborne fan and I feel of all the games blood borne has the most unique and fun weapons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I loved Ludwigs my first play through. It has great reach and multiple damage types plus great scaling. I put that away when I got the pizza cutter though. That thing was amazing and so much fun. My last play through i went skill based and beat the game with saw spear -> Beasthuntet Saif -> Church Pick. All 3 were fun and the Church Pick is probably the all around best weapon in the game. Still pizza cutter is where its at. If i played again i would do something like Tonitris -> Boom Hammer.

Just so many fun and cool weapons.

I had to do some farming occasionally . I always had more trouble with the beast bosses than the humanoid ones. I had to farm vials for Ludwig and Lawrence. That shit killed me to learn. Many many many attempts. Once I got it though I beat him in NG and NG+ pretty easily.

I'll have to see if I can get the DLC weapons early or something. DLC is open to me now obviously I just haven't bothered yet.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'll have to see if I can get the DLC weapons early or something. DLC is open to me now obviously I just haven't bothered yet.

You can get several of them in the first area of the DLC. I ran and got the Saif at like level 30 -40. Then went back to the regular game a bit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You can get several of them in the first area of the DLC. I ran and got the Saif at like level 30 -40. Then went back to the regular game a bit.

I'm currently like 55, can I get the saw and the Saif?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
You cant get the pizza cutter but you can definitely get the saif. You can run past most of the stuff if you know where you are going or yoi can fight your way there. But the saif is a skill weapon so not sure it would be good for you .

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So how big a deal are things like Endurance and Vitality at end game for a strength build (using Hunter's Axe at the moment)?

I just got to the Forbidden Woods and so far so good with the following stats:

Vit: 27
End: 15
Str: 35
Skill: 15
Bldtng: 6
Arc: 7

Just wondering if I should leave Endurance and Vitality there and just pump strength until diminishing returns make Skill better or if I should up End and Vit some more

Also, should I be saving my Insight or buying stuff with it? I have 27 insight but nothing I can buy seems very worthwhile at the moment.

Last edited:

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I think insight affects how quickly that insanity damage fills up and slows your beast pellet damage so I always kept it low by buying fire and lightning paper or more beast pellets. As far as endurance goes I always got it to where I could swing three times with my weapon and dodge. Skill affects your visceral damage regardless of weapon so if you are good at parrying it's not a bad stat dump.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So how big a deal are things like Endurance and Vitality at end game for a strength build (using Hunter's Axe at the moment)?

I just got to the Forbidden Woods and so far so good with the following stats:

Vit: 27
End: 15
Str: 35
Skill: 15
Bldtng: 6
Arc: 7

Just wondering if I should leave Endurance and Vitality there and just pump strength until diminishing returns make Skill better or if I should up End and Vit some more

Also, should I be saving my Insight or buying stuff with it? I have 27 insight but nothing I can buy seems very worthwhile at the moment.

At 15 insight various enemies have more abilities. At like 40 insight you see weird shit. So I just started dumping it.

The absolutely love the concept of it and shit though. The various Hunter tools are really fucking sweet too btw.

I recommend getting 15 arcane so you can use the hunters bone and beast roar at least.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty crazy. New boss was JUST discovered in Chalice Dungeons. Game was released March 24, 2015, and this was just found. I love shit like this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
At 15 insight various enemies have more abilities. At like 40 insight you see weird shit. So I just started dumping it.

The absolutely love the concept of it and shit though. The various Hunter tools are really fucking sweet too btw.

I recommend getting 15 arcane so you can use the hunters bone and beast roar at least.

I never found much use for the hunters bone but the beast roar is crazy useful.

Khane Khane I consider Endurance to be pretty useful. I would get to at least 20. I think 20 is a good medium, some people prefer much higher. Same with vitality, there are diminishing returns in the 20s I think. I usually stop there too.

Khane

Found the first thing in this game I don't like. The Nightmare Frontier. Fuck that place.

Khane

Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos... first boss that made me want to punch things.

• 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ebrietas is the only boss accross the entire series (DS1/2/3 and BB) that still gives me trouble. Just can never seem to get her timings right and then the lightning.. fuck that noise

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Ebrietas is the only boss accross the entire series (DS1/2/3 and BB) that still gives me trouble. Just can never seem to get her timings right and then the lightning.. fuck that noise

Get behind her in between her tails or stick to her left side rear / your right . Ive never had much trouble with her.

First time I killed her I got between the tails and went to town with the pizza cutter. It didn't take long.

Last edited:

Khane

I think it depends very largely on what weapon you're using.

All the other bosses have predictable patterns and reasonable telegraphs/combos. Her's are completely random. Staying behind her is both tough to do and won't always work because she turns fast and can sweep her tentacles in almost a full 360 degrees. I can't tell you how many times I'd whittle her down then she'd finally get a tentacle hit on me and knock me down then charge me before I regained control of my character which would kill me. I also could never make heads or tails of the laser telegraph because I was using a one hander and sticking close to her so I actually couldn't see it. If I tried staying at range she'd just charge which is basically impossible to dodge because she drags her tentacles on her sides which hit you for even more damage than her frigan head does.

I killed her because my head slam baiting worked better than it usually had all previous attempts and I was able to get her to 5% before she tried to cast her aura which allowed me to just finish her off before her final phase even began. I'm sure other weapons make her much easier but my Tonitris wasn't fully upgraded or gemmed so it did shit damage and my hunter axe just wasn't very good against her. It wasn't even a satisfying kill, I felt more lucky than good.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Sometimes it's like that. Different weapons can be better for different bosses too. She's a tough fight.

Khane

Alright so I'm at the point where I can talk to Gehrman to get an ending and start an NG+. Before I do though I wanna get as much done as I can/should that carries over or is worth doing before hand.

I have not run any chalice dungeons or joined a covenant so I guess I should do that stuff but what else is there that I might miss if I go ahead with NG+?