Bloodborne

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
5 bosses in, level 51 with +6 cane. If all my points weren't in stats that apparently the other weapons hate, I'd give them a go. Honestly though, it is working just fine for me. Still need to finish Forbidden Woods (Snakes... why is it always snakes?) and just got amygdalan'd. Having a lot less problems with hunters now that I am used to the shoot/strafe/shoot/combo/repeat that they appear to use. The fat knights with the giant axes must be this game's version of the Black Knights from Dark Souls, as they are generally substantially harder to kill than stuff around them. I thought about doing the Gaol farming stuff but then I got like... 20 more twins than I needed working through the woods. This game is fun and amazingly difficult at times. I'm not really sure what the optimal path through each boss is, to be honest. Much like Nito was clearly the easiest of the 4 Lords from Dark Souls for me, I really like how each player has issues with some bosses and not others due to playstyle.

I was in the same boat Droigan with playing defensively. The joke in the one shield's flavor text is entirely too accurate hah.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to hearing a review once you guys attempt a few chalice dungeons. Gonna be a while before I get to that point, but it sounds epic

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Will spoiler this just in case:

So did the amygdala thing after getting tonsil stone, was pissed at first then the cutscene went down and was like, shit sweet. So the lecture hall, is this broken? I mean the room of students you can kill repeatedly for 700+ blood a piece, there's like 20 of them, and you have virtually 0 fear of not recovering your souls if you die. I mean in like 10 minutes I'm up to 50k blood echo.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Will spoiler this just in case:

So did the amygdala thing after getting tonsil stone, was pissed at first then the cutscene went down and was like, shit sweet. So the lecture hall, is this broken? I mean the room of students you can kill repeatedly for 700+ blood a piece, there's like 20 of them, and you have virtually 0 fear of not recovering your souls if you die. I mean in like 10 minutes I'm up to 50k blood echo.
This is actually why I liked dark souls 2's mechanic of shit stopping re spawning after x number of kills.

But yeah working as intended bro.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
lol wow...forbidden woods. Running around with 100k+ blood echoes not knowing if there is a boss room in front of me. So much nope

Needless

Toe Sucker
how are the weapons in this game so far? i kind of hated the standard saw weapon you got as a default loadout when i played it at PAX, hoping theres some 'faster' feeling weapons.

checking the wiki, some of them sound pretty fucking cool though... a rifle spear? thats awesome! and i believe the pvp covenant gives a katana too which is $$

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol wow...forbidden woods. Running around with 100k+ blood echoes not knowing if there is a boss room in front of me. So much nope
rrr_img_93613.jpg

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Concerning the tonsil stone

Am I not doing it right? I go to the right of the Grand Cathedral and knock on both church doors and its nothing but screaming

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I'm having a hell of a time with this game. I'm trying to avoid watching walk through videos, but I'm still in the beginning area. I get my ass handed to me repeatedly but I love this game.

Any tips that could help survivability for me? Maybe my character is setup wrong or something.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm having a hell of a time with this game. I'm trying to avoid watching walk through videos, but I'm still in the beginning area. I get my ass handed to me repeatedly but I love this game.

Any tips that could help survivability for me? Maybe my character is setup wrong or something.
Get to first boss and die so you can level, if you haven't already.

Then grind souls for a bit and bring VIT/END to 20 apiece. Should help you if you haven't already.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Concerning the tonsil stone

Am I not doing it right? I go to the right of the Grand Cathedral and knock on both church doors and its nothing but screaming
You're in the wrong spot, it is below that area in the large room with the pool/altar thing in the middle.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Also buy the armor in Hunter's Dream, it helps if you haven't found it in the game.

And yeah finding the first boss so you can start leveling helps a lot.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I want to try out the Claymore, so I'm going to grind a bit by spawning at BSB's bell and taking out the wolves. It's an easy 5k run + more basic shards than I'll ever use. Once I can use it I'll go kill Vicar, because I'm pretty sure I've cleaned out every other location I can reach up to that point. After BSB I grabbed all the treasures in the Gaol and did the Healing tower stuff, top and bottom. The only thing I haven't checked out are the paths to the left and right of Vicar's chapel, so I don't know if those are new areas or just lewtz.

I -really- should have been taking notes of locked doors and NPC locations from the start, but even that only helps so much because killing a boss might trigger a new npc to spawn somewhere.

I guess by the time I reach the end there will be good enough guides out there to find anything useful I missed... and probably a lot of it will have to be picked up in NG+ since so much of it can be missed permanently. Like the dual daggers.

Playing blind is just too goddamn fun to look up spoils ahead of time though. Just a level of constant trepidation that no other game can replicate. The closest thing I can think of is the very earliest days of EQ as an absolute noob and getting lost in blackburrow or befallen. But this feeling remains even after playing the shit out of DS1 & 2, which I find remarkable.

Killing a boss or discovering a huge shortcut are so goddamn gratifying. DS2's easy bosses and linear/hub layout seem like a huge letdown now and I'm only 3 bosses in.

Heh, I put a note on this super non-obvious trap you can trigger to kill a bunch of enemies with a chandelier - now I'm spammed with "likes" as I play.

EDIT: Is every armor set after buying the hunter's garb going to be a "resist set" or just for looks?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The "first" boss is easy to miss because he's optional. Some people run into Father G-rape before even encountering him.

Very end of the long bridge that dead-ends. Not to be confused with the bridge with the ball of flaming pitch trap.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The "first" boss is easy to miss because he's optional. Some people run into Father G-rape before even encountering him.

Very end of the long bridge that dead-ends. Not to be confused with the bridge with the ball of flaming pitch trap.
The bridge with the werewolves, crows and big troll then? Thanks