Bloodborne

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You get the components for chalice dungeons pretty early. I'm waiting until I have only the last boss left before I start running them. According to the wiki that's 2 more bosses before I start chalices.

Like I said earlier, anyone in the 60 to 70 level range is welcome to come tonight around 9pm EST to try it out.
I should be on tonight Budos and will be 60, could be higher but was waiting on another friend to catch up since we're more than 10 levels out of sync.

Dr. Spooge I typed up a whole post about it and the board ate it, so.... just use the Insight when you need to co-op something. You'll be fine.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I should be on tonight Budos and will be 60, could be higher but was waiting on another friend to catch up since we're more than 10 levels out of sync.

Dr. Spooge I typed up a whole post about it and the board ate it, so.... just use the Insight when you need to co-op something. You'll be fine.
Sounds good.

On insight, I'm swimming in the stuff. I haven't used a single consumable and I have 40 on the UI counter. I spent two to get the pvp/co op bells.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, you get 1 for each time you fight a boss and 3 for killing them, so if you try a boss a couple of times before downing it you'll come out 5+ insight just from that. I think I used two to get to 10 because I thought it would make the doll do something, since it was the trigger for her coming to life initially. It just opened up the Insight store hah. I'm 5 bosses into the game and haven't come across any set of gear I would wear over the initial Yarnham Hunter's set. I kind of miss upgrading armor =/ (even if it was just through shards)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Welp, things got harder

After you kill the Spider you get sent back to the Unseen City. Everything is on steroids and there are "necromancers" (bell ringers) you need to kill or shit keeps respawning.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got Rom earlier after a few attempts, actually in retrospect he didn't seem that hard. But went over to Cainhurst after instead of Unseen.... boss was just doing retarded stuff once he got below 50% so I am taking a break to let the rage die down.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Finally made it to the first boss! The run past everyone technique works really well. What stat do I need to level to do more damage with the cane/whip?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Finally made it to the first boss! The run past everyone technique works really well. What stat do I need to level to do more damage with the cane/whip?
I can't remember the names of all the stats but theres one that deals with like hard attack str and the other deals with like....I wanna say like dextrous attack str or something. I can't say for certain, but probably that one. If you look at the item in your menu, it should tell you what stats it favors, and that should indicate which ones increase its attack power.

I hope that makes sense. I'll log into the game in a few and try to give you an actual answer that isn't so froggy.

edit: Its probably the attribute "Skill" rather than "Strength".

Double check though in game.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Yeah I got Rom earlier after a few attempts, actually in retrospect he didn't seem that hard. But went over to Cainhurst after instead of Unseen.... boss was just doing retarded stuff once he got below 50% so I am taking a break to let the rage die down.
Interesting, I don't think I've been to that place yet (C)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fucking vicar, she just keeps backing up and healing for over a quarter of her ridiculous amount of health. I run after her but she regenerates faster than I do damage, it's infuriating. She just did it 5 times in a row, it's gay as hell

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've killed up to like the witch and vicar. Any suggestions where to head to next?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Back to the Woods probably, Shadow of Yharnam probably or you can find the path to Iosefka's and open up a little more in Central Yharnam. If you have umm what's it called unlocked you can try the Spider.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hmm I'll check out woods again. I went down two paths in it, one ended in the witch, the other ended in that spot where the monster grabs you at that door and kills you that I think Vinyard or someone posted a video of many pages back now.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Forbidden Woods (Not Hemwick) is located in a different area. You need to
Touch the skull after killing the vicar to see the flashback with the password and then it is down the stairs from where you met Laurence (Guy in white robe) and talk to the door. I think the woods are easier than Hemwick right up until you get to the considerably harder mobs in the woods.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Skill, and as you upgrade the weapon you'll get better scaling from the stats as well.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking vicar, she just keeps backing up and healing for over a quarter of her ridiculous amount of health. I run after her but she regenerates faster than I do damage, it's infuriating. She just did it 5 times in a row, it's gay as hell
Ritley - tip for Vicar

You should have picked up some "Numbing Mist" when clearing out in the courtyard (there is some up a ladder just past the first gate guarded by the two Prometheus looking dudes). When she attempts to heal, chuck some of that at her. It will prevent her from healing for like 45seconds - 1minute.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The Forbidden Woods (Not Hemwick) is located in a different area. You need to
Touch the skull after killing the vicar to see the flashback with the password and then it is down the stairs from where you met Laurence (Guy in white robe) and talk to the door. I think the woods are easier than Hemwick right up until you get to the considerably harder mobs in the woods.
Ah that's definitely a place I've missed then.

I'm not sure I've met Laurence though I did find a door with a password at some point. I'll try looking around there.

Thanks.

nuday

Golden Squire
I know I'm a filthy casual and all that, but I just downed the first boss. I feel like those two fucking werewolves before him were harder than he was.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Those werewolves were fucking bullshit at the start lol.
I cheesed the shit out of them and pulled them down to the fountain area, always keeping the fountain between me and them. When they'd start to angle around I'd wind up a charge attack with my extended axe and they'd take both swings right to the grill.

Incidentally this strategy has worked for some of the tougher hunter encounters as well. It's cheesy but super effective.