Bloodborne

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just kill him, according to the wiki he's not essential, meaning he doesn't sell anything, isn't required to progress, and drops 7k souls plus an item when you do.

Otherwise I guess that, if Bloodbourne is like previous Souls games, then there will be someone you can talk to to absolve you of your crime somewhere, that will cost souls/blood probably, and you'll have to avoid the area with Alfred in it till then.

So yeah.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does that first neutral NPC hunter you meet ever do anything? The one in the plague doctor mask that tells you to stop being a coward?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen him again, but I'm not as far as others, and can't recall his name to google it, so can't say for certain.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just beat the game. Holy SHIT I am in tears and a ball of emotion. What a final fight
i'm holding off to beat the game. I wanna make sure I'm getting every rune + items possible before starting NG+. I heard NG+ is hard as fuck!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got on today to give vicar another shot, and this time she went down like a bitch. For some reason she never tried to scoot away and she seemed to stagger a lot more. I ended only using 2 blood potions. I mean I see why people say she's easy if she acts like that for most people

Cleared up to witch without dieing, though had a close call where I got stuck in a tree with one of those big axe guys wailing on me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's apparently some bug where bosses will only repeat one attack over and over making most of the fights pretty easy.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So Budos and I were trying earlier with no success to co op. No idea what is going on or where to even begin to troubleshoot. He was able to get a few matches with the resonant bell, but I can't get any matches the last two days no matter what. Beckoning or Resonant. Pissing me off because I want to co op with some people and it will keep me from doing Chalice dungeons tonight.

There's apparently some bug where bosses will only repeat one attack over and over making most of the fights pretty easy.
Please come tell Martyr Logarius about this bug!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL apparently Father G once you get him down is a joke to repeat - not had any hangups getting back to where I was so far. (Probably going to keep the chaingunner passive since I found out he can be friendly and teaches a gesture if you do)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So just like demons souls and dark soups, I get caught in the hype and bought this game, and I can barely kill even the first few trash mobs. Anyone have tips for someone who's mostly used to mouse/keyboard (rarely console player) games?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Multiplayer seems completely broken right now? I haven't been able to summon or be summoned by anyone all day.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I feel like I got trolled by the witch boss. There's trash that I've fought that has been harder

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So just like demons souls and dark soups, I get caught in the hype and bought this game, and I can barely kill even the first few trash mobs. Anyone have tips for someone who's mostly used to mouse/keyboard (rarely console player) games?
Take it slow. Use your pistol to pull those initial groups of 4 that path around that long road to the big bonfire with the group of dudes surrounding it apart. You can do the same with the guys in the big group at the bonfire too, if you stand back and pull one at a time.

Start by pulling 1 guy or 2, and practice learning their routines. They will usually attack one, two or three times as they get near you. Dodge out of the way. Wait for an opening. Hit 1 - 2 times, preserving enough stamina to dodge out of the of way as they counter attack. Don't try to pull off big combos and blow all your stamina. Manage your stamina. If you die and lose some souls: DO NOT LET IT FRUSTRATE YOU. Get all fucking Zen and shit, like Buddha under a tree in a garden.

The key is learn their attack patterns, never overextend your stamina gauge unless you are certain for a kill by the end of it, always leave room and stamina to dodge, split as many groups up as you can. Take it slow.

Try to get to the first boss and die to him. You will lose the souls you've acquired. ITS NO BIG DEAL. Unlike Dark Souls 2, mobs do not stop respawning after you die or return to Hunter's Dream if you kill them enough. What this means is that losing souls is effectively MEANINGLESS (its one of the reasons I really LIKED the DS2 mechanic of being able to grind mobs in a zone prior to a boss down to nothing after 10-15 kills). The disadvantage of this is that you have to kill them all each time you clear through the area. SO WHAT? That just means you get more souls.

Once you've died to that first boss, you can level up. So grind for a bit. Get Vitality and Endurance (stamina is what I call it but whatever) to 20. That will give you more health and more stamina, which will make the entire first area pretty much a cake walk.

For the big dudes in the first area with the large bricks and shit that attack you. Move up, when they start attack animation, dodge backwards, get to know their movement routine for a bit, when you start to see where the openings are, lunge in and take no more than two swings before dodging back out from their counter attacks.

This is pretty much how ALL these games work. You memorize attack patterns, dodge away from attacks, and exploit openings to counter attack.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've seen a few people wearing a tall cage helmet, anyone know where it's from?

nuday

Golden Squire
I know that this has already been said, but I'll stress it even more: Take it very slow when you pull. Combat might reward reckless behavior sometimes, but pulls are best if you're facing one or two mobs.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finally got tine to play. Got both father g and beast cleric down. Those huge fuckers in the next area suck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Take it slow. Use your pistol to pull those initial groups of 4 that path around that long road to the big bonfire with the group of dudes surrounding it apart. You can do the same with the guys in the big group at the bonfire too, if you stand back and pull one at a time.

Start by pulling 1 guy or 2, and practice learning their routines. They will usually attack one, two or three times as they get near you. Dodge out of the way. Wait for an opening. Hit 1 - 2 times, preserving enough stamina to dodge out of the of way as they counter attack. Don't try to pull off big combos and blow all your stamina. Manage your stamina. If you die and lose some souls: DO NOT LET IT FRUSTRATE YOU. Get all fucking Zen and shit, like Buddha under a tree in a garden.

The key is learn their attack patterns, never overextend your stamina gauge unless you are certain for a kill by the end of it, always leave room and stamina to dodge, split as many groups up as you can. Take it slow.

Try to get to the first boss and die to him. You will lose the souls you've acquired. ITS NO BIG DEAL. Unlike Dark Souls 2, mobs do not stop respawning after you die or return to Hunter's Dream if you kill them enough. What this means is that losing souls is effectively MEANINGLESS (its one of the reasons I really LIKED the DS2 mechanic of being able to grind mobs in a zone prior to a boss down to nothing after 10-15 kills). The disadvantage of this is that you have to kill them all each time you clear through the area. SO WHAT? That just means you get more souls.

Once you've died to that first boss, you can level up. So grind for a bit. Get Vitality and Endurance (stamina is what I call it but whatever) to 20. That will give you more health and more stamina, which will make the entire first area pretty much a cake walk.

For the big dudes in the first area with the large bricks and shit that attack you. Move up, when they start attack animation, dodge backwards, get to know their movement routine for a bit, when you start to see where the openings are, lunge in and take no more than two swings before dodging back out from their counter attacks.

This is pretty much how ALL these games work. You memorize attack patterns, dodge away from attacks, and exploit openings to counter attack.
The absolute easiest way to deal with the dudes with stones is as soon as they raise their arm just shoot them and then R1 them. Usually you can one shot them and if not just swing again and they're dead