Bloodborne

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Multiplayer in Bloodborne is just plain awful. You can spend hours searching for people and the password system was supposed to alleviate it. It did not. As long as one has the Beckoning Bell and the other Resonating Bell, it should work. And yes, Bell Maidens always get summoned when you initiate co-op. You typically don't need to worry about them until you get into areas like Nightmare of Mensis, since that area is generally the "pvp" spot.
That's a shame. Thanks for the answer though
smile.png
Will keep trying!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Nov 24 and $20 for the DLC according to the PS Plus email I got today. I remember the Japanese version of the trailer got posted when it came out, but here's the english version of the DLC:

Experience the nightmare of the hunters who once guarded Byrgenwerth?s deepest, darkest secrets and uncover the mystery behind Yharnam?s sinister past in The Old Hunters expansion DLC for Bloodborne?. Journey to a world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your hunter arsenal, and explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards, and deadly beasts to hunt.

spronk

FPS noob
DLC and a GOTY version with the DLC is up on the PSN Store, $20 and $50 respectively
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...EXPANSIONDLC03
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...OODBORNECOMPLE

There is nothing in the first link (just DLC) that indicates you need the base game to play although it seems like it will have to, since the new content sounds like its attached to existing areas and not accessed via a new menu or something. Confusing as fuck.

PSN is also running a promo, spend $100 between Oct 6th and Nov 3d and get back $15.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know the best way to prepare for the DLC? I have a character that is in the middle of NG+ so should I get to end on that character? I was thinking maybe I should just start a new character and play through with another build.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm just waiting to hear where you actually access the DLC ingame. I have my original characer in NG+, think I only beat the first couple bosses then took a break. I have all those doped soul consumables and upgrade stones on him too so I can just powerlevel myself with those.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm just waiting to hear where you actually access the DLC ingame. I have my original characer in NG+, think I only beat the first couple bosses then took a break. I have all those doped soul consumables and upgrade stones on him too so I can just powerlevel myself with those.
Wondering about that too. I have a character now that is at the end of the normal game (not NG+), only one boss left. Have the 3 umbilical cords ready and the nightmare is defeated and altar of despair is open.

In the trailer, I see new weapons, but mostly old bosses. A bow for ranged + what appears to be the standard soul arrow type spell that most magic users start with in Demon/Dark souls. It makes it look like Bloodborne + DLC = Bloodborne Extended Edition rather than Bloodborne with a DLC zone type thing like Dark Souls 2 had.

If the DLC is more like an Extended Edition with scattered new stuff across the main game, then I would assume starting from the beginning would be best. Either way, happy with my current location and will wait with further progress until I know for sure since I can easily go to any location that triggers the DLC, or quickly finish up the normal game and start a NG+ with DLC.

PS: Not done much of the chalice dungeons before. Depth 4 ones are hard. Have the chalice for 5 too, but not enough blood (5) to open it. Progress is very slow.

Also stuck at last boss of the depth 3 one. Small area, Rom is the final boss, and spiders everywhere that bug out. Some don't move, some do, some appear out of nowhere. Tried it co-op with a friend with voice com, and I say "lets clear all but one spider" then I see one spider left and say lets go, he says "What? There are lots left". He is fighting air, then I see bodies pop up as their death animation kicks in. I get attacked, turn around, and suddenly spiders appear/pop in, as I look around. Not Rom spawning them in either, but rather seems like a FPS control mechanism kicks in with "you can only view X mobs at a time", however Y mobs are spawned, and periodically become visible as you make room for them. Problem is that even though they are not visible, they still attack.

Anyone have any tips for dungeon Rom? Died more to this version of him now than any boss in the main game.

Really enjoy the dungeon stuff, but at times it is really buggy. Had one where a cart was spawned into a ladder I had to go up, just pressed the button like mad and suddenly I got on it. However, when going down the ladder later, I gitched past the cart, fell through the world and died.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Lost the progress on my chalice dungeon because my game freaked out (loaded in and I was falling through the world??? When I went in to offline mode my ritual was gone).

BRB WALKING IN TO FUCKING TRAFFIC BECAUSE IM NEVER GOING TO BEAT THIS SHIT

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
1.7 patch released today (9.3 gigs)

New Covenant : The League

This is the confederate covenant of hunters associated with The League. You may meet Valtr (??????) and join The League at the Forbidden Woods, in the hut that must be unlocked as a shortcut next to the first lamp. If you co-op while using the covenant rune Impurity and succeed in your task you will receive a Vermin item that will be allow you to participate in the ranking system.

New NPC Co-op Partners

Hunters of The League faction will be able to summon new Old Hunters into their game in several areas, including Chalice Dungeons. You must purchase the Elder Summoning Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers. The Elder Summoning Bell consumes insight on use, and you can only have a maximum of two NPC phantoms with you at a time. If you have another co-op player in your world, you can only summon one NPC helper.

Chalice Dungeon Changes

Non-root Chalice Dungeons will now have have a default glyph in order to allow easier co-op and pvp: This means you now can find other players in the default dungeons, but if you would like to opt out you may create a unique glyph.

New Co-op "signs"

When using a summoning bell, you will now see phantoms of other players who are searching for co-op, and you will be see ripples under the phantoms who are looking for a multiplayer session if they are within your summoning range.

Matchmaking and Stability Improvements (unspecified)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From Software does not disappoint, heathen
Word. There's no reason to doubt From thusfar. They've stuck to only making DLC if there's enough to warrant the cost to date, no reason to expect otherwise until they burn us at least once.

Needless

Toe Sucker
interested to see if its actually 20 dollars worth of content.
Moonlight Greatsword and that chainsaw hammer/axe looks like its 20 bucks worth it alone!

I need to finish FO4/SC2 before i buy this DLC, so hopefully somebody will finish and say how great it is by then!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The way you access the dlc is not that complicated you have to kill amelia use some object in the chapel near her to turn day into night go to hunters dream and get some object from a messenger then go somewhere and get grabbed by a hand. Just google that shit you should find it relatively easily.

Theres like five new bosses several new hunters some new gear a new covenant etc

Nester

Vyemm Raider
SO it is just (not trying to belittle it) a new zone? not new content weaved into the old like some first suggested?

I don't really want to start a new game to hit this content. So If I can just zone in and go for broke I will buy.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Im pretty sure its a new area plus maybe some of the hunters and the new covenant are mixed in with old and new stuff.

Shouldnt have to start fresh to play it

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sounds like it takes you to the bridge from Central Yharnam -- there's a locked gate by one of those gigantic fuckers in the area where they are suggesting to go.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anyone tried this out yet? Im dling it, but its been so long since I played Im not sure if I want to roll a new character or try to jump right in.