Bloodborne

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, just a guy pointing over 'thataway' and having to trust that the entire world is pretty f'd up. If you look down it has that whirlpool look, so it wasn't a huge leap of faith that -something- was there.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You should do Nightmare Frontier in any case, as well, to fight Amygdala and get some nifty items such as runes and glyphs.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
He can do nightmare frontier after the lake boss, the doors for the boss to the upper floor of the lecture building doesn't open till the ritual is complete ~

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I beat Rom after a couple attempts, and headed to Nightmare Frontier to wade around in poison lakes all day (fun!). Is it just me, or is there a period (right after Father G) where the game feels like it opens up quite a bit, only to close off a ton shortly after? Unless I'm missing something very obvious, which is entirely possible, I think aside from DLC, Nightmare Frontier is the only thing I have available to do? But I don't feel like I'm maybe a bit more than halfway through the game.

Dunno, loving the game, but the world progression feels a lot different from Souls. Much less open feeling to progression in general.

-edit- Oh also, to add, nobody ever answered anything about chalice dungeons. Wtf purpose do these serve? Completely optional fuck-around areas, or is there something necessary with regard to them?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Chalice dungeons are totally optional to the main story, but they contain the hardest challenges of the game, in my opinion. I really enjoyed them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They also have the best gems to upgrade weapons with and the final chalice boss is required for achievement completion.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I started playing Bloodbourne casually about two weeks ago. I both love and hate this game. The art and style is glorious but the game can be insanely frustrating. I have currently beat the Cleric Beast, Father Gascion, and The Blood Starved Beast. Djura is kicking my ass and I really hate the Bagmen. Also the Saw Cleaver is awesome but I just upgraded to Ludwig's Holy Blade. Buddies are telling me that is way better so forcing myself to get used to it. It does make the larger creatures easier to deal with since you have more range. Ran into Paarl once and Amelia both kicked my butt . Currently working on leveling up a bit before I go try them again.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ludwig's was my main weapon throughout the entire game, once it was available. It's a beast once it's upgraded, but the slow attacks definitely take a little adjustment coming from something like the Saw Cleaver.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started playing Bloodbourne casually about two weeks ago. I both love and hate this game. The art and style is glorious but the game can be insanely frustrating. I have currently beat the Cleric Beast, Father Gascion, and The Blood Starved Beast. Djura is kicking my ass and I really hate the Bagmen. Also the Saw Cleaver is awesome but I just upgraded to Ludwig's Holy Blade. Buddies are telling me that is way better so forcing myself to get used to it. It does make the larger creatures easier to deal with since you have more range. Ran into Paarl once and Amelia both kicked my butt . Currently working on leveling up a bit before I go try them again.
You can literally shoot Djura off the tower.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think a big part of the problem is I have really not played much on a console since the original Xbox/PS2. I also don't really play these action games so it took me a while.

As for Djura ill try shooting him off but my pistol doesn't seem to have much knock back, Ludwig's does though!

I love how much damage the fast attacks of the Saw Cleaver does but I am coming around to Ludwig's.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I used Ludwig's Blade up until I got one of the DLC weapons. And yea, for Djura....if you let him charge you when you go up his tower, do a quick dodge, then shoot him, he should fall off.

Needless

Toe Sucker
skill + blade of mercy is really good if you like the faster playstyle. I had way more fun doing a build that revolved around BoM than i did ludwig's

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He basically suicided trying to avoid me but he's dead. Got the Keg Hunter badge.

Is Ludwig's gun or Stake driver any good? I'm still using the starting pistol.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Died like 10 times on Paarl with my +6 Ludwig's. Switch to +4 Saw Cleaver first shot kill. Was pretty annoying haha.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Paarl is an optional boss and one of the hardest optional bosses outside of Chalice dungeons / DLC. Since it seems like you're going for everything, I do recommend you take a step into Castle Cainhurst.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I do plan to at least try and kill everything that I happen to find anyway. I will keep my eyes open for Castle Cainhurst. Thanks Kurrin.