Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Symphony of the Night was pretty easy. I feel BS is a bit more challenging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
SoTN was extremely easy. The DS ones were more difficult for sure. I think EoE was the hardest.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I cannot get passed the first boss. I really REALLY suck.

Jump in slash before landing, slash on landing, cancel the backdash by slashing, jump up and away. Repeat. If done right you get three hits in a quarter of a second.

Chisel shard is nuts, kill the carpenter over and over to rank it up then boost it. You throw a rope of piercing chisels that do insane damage.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to playing some more. The twin dragon fight almost killed me, shit was tough. I think I ended that fight with no health items left and was at 43HP or something. Good fight. Later on got the dagger throw crystal and it seems pretty damn powerful lol.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Ugh. Game broken by the patch bug. Shit. Either wait for a patch or start new. Bummer. Silver Bromide is a bitch.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to playing some more. The twin dragon fight almost killed me, shit was tough. I think I ended that fight with no health items left and was at 43HP or something. Good fight. Later on got the dagger throw crystal and it seems pretty damn powerful lol.

yeah, it definitely the least flashy shard out there, but it's extremely effective. i've also been using riga storaema recently. it seems to be a low drop from one of the giant cats that puts out a column of flame. if you rank it up a little it starts putting out 4 or 5 columns that do some nice damage across the screen and it's only 30 mp

Caliane

found a cool afk cash farm. on top of the train, two lanterns pass by every second or so. you can just stand there afk with welcome company, and level 9 detective eye for item vacuum.
Augment gold, to buff coin value.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there a list of weapons and techniques? All the ones I found on Google suck.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they are all the same inputs, just with different weapon types. i haven't seen a comprehensive list outside of the game. just remember that mastering a technique allows it to be used with all weapons of it's type. the only exception seems to be the bandit blade, as you can't master that technique

Siliconemelons

Erhh... just got the dragons dead...

Can't seem to find the next place to go...

Only NPC hint I got was killing some demon that is small and fast...somewhere...

I have the mechanical block at the train station... door with captions key or something.. And areas double jump can't make and the odd places with shiny silver panel things...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Erhh... just got the dragons dead...

Can't seem to find the next place to go...

Only NPC hint I got was killing some demon that is small and fast...somewhere...

I have the mechanical block at the train station... door with captions key or something.. And areas double jump can't make and the odd places with shiny silver panel things...
Did you grab the silver bromide (sp?) after the dragons?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I got very confused at the same spot, since I never even heard of the train, I didn't know why I would need an ID...

Siliconemelons

Yeah, I got the picture taken... I missed on talking to the Vampire, because...why...

Thanks yo- I'll go find not Dracula not alucard guy now ;)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
just beat it working on getting 100% map etc.

Had to look up where to go a few times.
had to slash the moon with a certain sword at a certain time...never would have figured that out.

Siliconemelons

I think the "hint" wording on the train gate could have used some engrish clarification - it was like "some mechanical mechanism is blocking your path" - and I really could not tell that it was a "gate" like at the subway (until I just now opened it) - it should have been something like "ID Card required" or something.

Caliane

yeah. Theres more then a few places where the path forward is kindof, "explore everywhere".
They probably could have done a better job pointing you in the right direction in some places.

Zangetsu is real obvious, if you know the word. and, read the flavor text.

A great blade whose bearers are given the name 'Zangetsu', or 'moon sunderer.'

Zangetsu - Wikipedia
Zangetsu (n) (残月, Jap: "morning moon" or "moon visible in the morning")
  • A technique used by Superbia in 11eyes: Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shōjo. Written as 斬月 (literally "Moon Cutting").
  • A weapon used by the character Ichigo Kurosaki in the Bleach series. Written as 斬月 (literally "Slaying Moon").
  • A Knightmare Frame mecha piloted by Kyoshiro Tohdoh in the anime Code Geass. Written as 斬月 (literally "Cut the Moon").
  • A Kamen Rider form of Takatora Kureshima in tokusatsu series, Kamen Rider Gaim. Written as 斬月 (literally "Slaying Moon").
The other choke points are:
  • bloodless and blood pool. which imho was forshadowed well.
  • id card/photograph/o.d. This was ok for me. Cause I found the train station, found the camera, and go back to town enough that dominique talked to me about getting the I.D from O.D. it was pretty obvious. But, the o.d. part is pretty random, so easy to not think of.
  • Water movement. Real shit design here. you have to A. explore there randomly. B. stop and kill npcs out of your way, in a single room, which can be missed. and have a 10% chance to drop the item you need...
  • Aegis armor. Need to explore and find a hidden chest, in a specific location, you are not targeted to go find. This can be brute forced a few ways without it. But, seems clear Aegis armor is the only intended method. Which is just bizarre.
  • moon thing imho is not too bad. He makes it clear, you need to use the sword in the fight. and as said the flavor text on the sword is pretty obvious. and then the next step, was forshadowed well again. Where did you see that RED moon before?
  • In general the tips from Dominique on where to go next, tell you about the boss but don't actually tell you what direction or zone to go exploring in. So, they are kindof stupid.

Last edited: