Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Poltergheist Y shard ability seems very good to me. Puts up a defensive shield. solid damage, tanks hits, auto breaks walls/torches.
Half the time Im running around with squeaky shoes letting my painting shield do all the work..

Got the armor familiar, but then got a book one. Book one gives me a str buff. Im not sure how effective each does in direct combat.

Bow dudes drop a targeted multi projectile like the firecannon shot. same deal, can shotgun pretty decently.

basic weapons seem weak, compared to the special stuff.
that Rhaval Burel or whatever. great. as said, super fast, can move while attacking. short range.
flying sword. great. throws out far.loops up for a second hit, and will hit way above you.

Any other fun stuff? the crimson glasses, or whatever that mention making everything seem big, zooms in the camera, when you wear them.

You'll play the piano if you sit at one.
And if you have a fairy familar out, she will sing.

Caliane

reddit spoilerfree tips

A nice writeup for some tips without being too spoilery. Alot of vague hints/puns for stuff.

Be careful, the replys are not nearly as good at being subtle with their hints...

Heres a good one though..
Those green scrolls on the map? "kill those monsters dead!"

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really enjoy sidescroller/2d games. You guys are making this game sound super fun but I fucking hate everything I’ve seen in this game visually (art style, animations, ui, fonts, etc) to the point where it makes me want to not try it out. Am I being just sort of retarded or completely retarded? How good is this game really?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really enjoy sidescroller/2d games. You guys are making this game sound super fun but I fucking hate everything I’ve seen in this game visually (art style, animations, ui, fonts, etc) to the point where it makes me want to not try it out. Am I being just sort of retarded or completely retarded? How good is this game really?

I was the same way for a long time. I have/had a huge distrust and dislike for 2.5D games. This one is actually pretty good though and feels good to play.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, i was always put off by the stuff they released. but i watched a video of someone playing it the other day and was like, oh... that's not anything like what i thought it was.

if you played symphony of the night, that is basically what you should expect.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm loving it so far; SoTN is hands down my fav game of all time. I'm 80% and had to look up a few things because lost.. but does any other items have combo's similar to the katana?

Just for the safety of others,
The katana has the hadouken x3 for the auto crit attacks in succession, plus the overhead lunge, gaurd, and weeb slash; depending on the blade
but the only weapon that I can think of that has come close for me has been the kukri at 2 but the poison kukri is back at one.

On a side note, fucking look at Iga; how can you not buy his game. I've met him twice, and both times he has had his whip/hat.

j00t

I'm loving it so far; SoTN is hands down my fav game of all time. I'm 80% and had to look up a few things because lost.. but does any other items have combo's similar to the katana?

Just for the safety of others,
The katana has the hadouken x3 for the auto crit attacks in succession, plus the overhead lunge, gaurd, and weeb slash; depending on the blade
but the only weapon that I can think of that has come close for me has been the kukri at 2 but the poison kukri is back at one.

just as a headsup, any technique you master you can use on any of the weapons in it's group. so, one greatsword might have a running slash, another might have the upward jump and and downslash. but if you master both techniques, you can use them both on either.

as far as i'm aware, there aren't any single weapons that have more than one special attack, so i'm guessing you've mastered a few?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I have no idea what mastering did; so i've just been mastering it all for the 100% run through. Gonna try to do more interesting runs when I unlock the other difficulty, like a mage, belmont, or guts run.

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This game was 25% off on greenmangaming when I last looked.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Alright well I finally got to spend more than an hour with this this morning and I love it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I managed to 100% the map thanks to this picture (obviously spoilers):

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Do I collect, well craft or purchase, every item and get the Platinum or do I acknowledge that that is fucking boring and move on to the next game of which there is none... fuck.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Do I collect, well craft or purchase, every item and get the Platinum or do I acknowledge that that is fucking boring and move on to the next game of which there is none... fuck.
I never do something I'm not interested in, for the sake of trophies or achievements.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I probably would have if I’d gotten it on PS4. My completionism is stifled by Steam though.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

i hate achievements that are there for the sake of themselves. i've never 100% a game just to get the achievements. it's like the gamer version of having a sports car.

Caliane

It was probably obvious, but I love this game.
11/10.

So many potential builds. op skill combos. Air combos, etc.
Map layout, and secrets make sense, and are well done. I don't remember if I went on about it here, but I didn't like Hollowknight much. its map layout is total shit.
THIS game. You know when a boss fight is near, you can even guess save point locations, 90% of the time, based on distance, and all those visual ques of upcoming boss fights, etc.

I can't wait to see this thing speedrun. So many ways to sequence break. lots of glitching as well.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This game is great. Not my type of game at all and I'm really enjoying it. There's enough variation and new equipment to constantly keep things fresh. Lots of fun. Bats ftw.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe I'm retarded but perhaps someone can explain this to me: How come the controller has a completely unused button (B button for Xbox), yet we're expected to do all sorts of directional combos, even with the Inverted Gravity power?

Why not have this be the "special power" button, instead of expecting me to Street Fighter this shit?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
i hate achievements that are there for the sake of themselves. i've never 100% a game just to get the achievements. it's like the gamer version of having a sports car.
Bad analogy. Sports cars are fun.

• 1Like

Caliane

Maybe I'm retarded but perhaps someone can explain this to me: How come the controller has a completely unused button (B button for Xbox), yet we're expected to do all sorts of directional combos, even with the Inverted Gravity power?

Why not have this be the "special power" button, instead of expecting me to Street Fighter this shit?
well, there are multiple skills that can be used for any 1 weapon. so need to differentiate.
B is used for the minimap marking iirc, but yeah.. not during play. odd. I guess they felt your thumb was already too much in use, with directional shards, attack/jump.