Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What are the 'bit' coins for exactly? I'm not very far in at all.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you buy one of those items with the 8bit coin, and you decide you don't like it you can just dismantle it wth johannes and get the coin back

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

What are the 'bit' coins for exactly? I'm not very far in at all.
i've only seen a single 8 bit coin out in the wild, but you can buy 8, 16 and 32 bit coins from dominique. i guess they are used later on for upgrading stuff?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure about other coins, but once you get the 8 bit one, you can purchase weapons. Since you can buy them later (4k gold for one 8 bit), I think it is safe to use. Especially if you can dismantle it. Didn't look at that.

j00t

Not sure about other coins, but once you get the 8 bit one, you can purchase weapons. Since you can buy them later (4k gold for one 8 bit), I think it is safe to use. Especially if you can dismantle it. Didn't look at that.

i bought the encrypted orchid (purple lightsaber with a cool lightning attack) for an 8 bit coin. at some point i unlocked the ability to buy an upgraded encrypted orchid. it costs the original orchid plus a 16 bit coin.

i also found a weak sword called the Rhava Burel. it's basically the crissaegrim from symphony of the night just weaker. it's got pretty low damage, but since you can spam it so fast, it hits like 3 times by the time a long sword hits once. plus, you can move while attacking since there's no attack animation.

edit: just checked for the drop rate. it's a 4% drop rate from the killer barbers in the cathedral

Last edited:

j00t

WHAT IS A MAN

yes you can sit in the chair. you summon it for like 20 mp, it speeds up your mana regen but only slightly and by the time you've recouped the 20mp it breaks.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I love this game. Not groundbreaking but exactly what I wanted with great controls, great mechanics, etc.

Addictive and fun and pretty.

A+

Caliane

I can't tell you the number of times I wanted my DnD sorcerer to be able to summon a chair, to sit on and laugh haughtily, while the melee plebs get dirty.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
My biggest problem with the game (not the games fault) is that my thumb keeps using the left stick for movement, and that makes it harder to do the techniques. I place it on the D pad, then a few minutes later it is automatically on the stick again.

8 bit sword shield is still op in areas behind first boss. I just need to grind some more materials to make more long swords for boosting the sword damage shard.

What shard ability do you guys use? I've tried the ones I have, but nothing seems remotely as good as the two tentacles from the first boss on the ship. If both hit, they do 140 AE damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bump directional fire throw, it shotguns for insane dmg. 30+ times five or six for minimal mana.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I can’t find curry sauce and since that patch messed with the chests I don’t know where the recipe or drop might be. I am at 99.5% map completion and am hoping there is a new game plus mode because I would rather play through again than just search normally. I’m weird that way.

j00t

My biggest problem with the game (not the games fault) is that my thumb keeps using the left stick for movement, and that makes it harder to do the techniques. I place it on the D pad, then a few minutes later it is automatically on the stick again.

8 bit sword shield is still op in areas behind first boss. I just need to grind some more materials to make more long swords for boosting the sword damage shard.

What shard ability do you guys use? I've tried the ones I have, but nothing seems remotely as good as the two tentacles from the first boss on the ship. If both hit, they do 140 AE damage.
i didn't really use too many shard abilities until a bit later in the game. the tentacles are nice damage, but they use so much mana early on. once i got the flying daggers, i changed my tune. they do real good damage and they are cheap so you can spam them, especially later on when you get some mana regen bonuses.

try to find the silver armor familiar as well and upgrade him ASAP. he'll start doing aoe's as well as randomly diving in front of attacks to save you. he's pretty boss.

Caliane

Poltergheist Y shard ability seems very good to me. Puts up a defensive shield. solid damage, tanks hits, auto breaks walls/torches.
Half the time Im running around with squeaky shoes letting my painting shield do all the work..

Got the armor familiar, but then got a book one. Book one gives me a str buff. Im not sure how effective each does in direct combat.

Bow dudes drop a targeted multi projectile like the firecannon shot. same deal, can shotgun pretty decently.

basic weapons seem weak, compared to the special stuff.
that Rhaval Burel or whatever. great. as said, super fast, can move while attacking. short range.
flying sword. great. throws out far.loops up for a second hit, and will hit way above you.

Any other fun stuff? the crimson glasses, or whatever that mention making everything seem big, zooms in the camera, when you wear them.

You'll play the piano if you sit at one.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Poltergheist Y shard ability seems very good to me. Puts up a defensive shield. solid damage, tanks hits, auto breaks walls/torches.
Half the time Im running around with squeaky shoes letting my painting shield do all the work..

Got the armor familiar, but then got a book one. Book one gives me a str buff. Im not sure how effective each does in direct combat.

Bow dudes drop a targeted multi projectile like the firecannon shot. same deal, can shotgun pretty decently.

basic weapons seem weak, compared to the special stuff.
that Rhaval Burel or whatever. great. as said, super fast, can move while attacking. short range.
flying sword. great. throws out far.loops up for a second hit, and will hit way above you.

Any other fun stuff? the crimson glasses, or whatever that mention making everything seem big, zooms in the camera, when you wear them.

You'll play the piano if you sit at one.

Toy shoes, ex shovel night Armor, there are glass that zoom out as well, spinning sword is pretty rad for a good while if you like great swords, the bats projectile is the only one I really used, and there is a fire throwing axe attack that is cool but it’s not what you think.

If you have the fairy out when you play the piano one of the two of you sings, fairy also pointed out a breakable wall once. Mainly used the knight but the fairy isn’t bad once she gets higher level. Gonna try levelling up the sword and book in this ng+ run to see if they get cool.

Caliane

just found the fairy, and did the piano again with her yeah.

otherwise she does seem really weak. cute, sits on your shoulder. but, just flys around and attacks REALLY slow with a ranged attack for very low damage.