Board Games

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

That's hilarious and really close to one of the kids birthdays so preordered a copy and noticed that the membership they offer for $12 saves you $20 in total between the discount on the product and free shipping. Hopefully it saves a bit more when the final Scythe expac comes out because I pulled trigger on that as well.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Any recommendations on good two-player board games? My girl and I have opposite work schedules from friends and family and she needs to get her game night kick in sometimes when it's just the two of us. We do Catan, Ticket To Ride and few others with her family that we both enjoy.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Any recommendations on good two-player board games? My girl and I have opposite work schedules from friends and family and she needs to get her game night kick in sometimes when it's just the two of us. We do Catan, Ticket To Ride and few others with her family that we both enjoy.

Check out Dice Throne if you want a 1vs1 game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Lost Cities was pretty enjoyable back in the day. Looks like it just got a reprint.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Hive
Onitama
Fox in the forest
Jaipur
Star Realms
Race for the galaxy
Patchwork
Castles of Burgundy

Last edited:
  • 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'm off to bordercon! 4 days of boardgaming bliss. 4 hours out of town so no distractions to interrupt the gaming

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played Now Boarding last night, was a lot of fun.

Now Boarding

Would definitely recommend anyone playing 3-5 player co-op games check it out if you get a chance.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Recently picked up really fun for whole family, plays best with two or 4 players but works with three as well.

Taim

Trakanon Raider

Try Battle for Souls. Its a bit crunchy for 2player but lots of fun.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Finally working our way through pandemic legacy s1, pretty interesting, any other with that same general concept of "tear up/throw out" game pieces i.e. one time through and you're done?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Finally working our way through pandemic legacy s1, pretty interesting, any other with that same general concept of "tear up/throw out" game pieces i.e. one time through and you're done?

Gloomhaven is a legacy style co-op campaign tactical RPG type thinger. You can technically play it forever, but a ton of the content is once-through only. Pandemic S2 is great as well. Risk Legacy started the genre.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Terraforming Mars, after playing with broken token stuff I just can't go back to the flat mats. Being able to lock cubes in place turns this game from fun to near perfect engine builder.
443D4799-71B7-49A3-9ABE-E2DBE9AA6320.jpeg
TFM.jpeg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What sort of game is that? The components with BT organizer intrigue my engineer brain, I'm interested solely on what that looks like.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any recommendations for games for 4-6 people? Or even up to 8? So far we've doing some cataan with up to 6 players (got the expansion for more players), 7 wonders, and Twilight Imperium. I'm always looking for another option or two.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations for games for 4-6 people? Or even up to 8? So far we've doing some cataan with up to 6 players (got the expansion for more players), 7 wonders, and Twilight Imperium. I'm always looking for another option or two.

Codenames