Board Games

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mysterium, citadels, king of Tokyo, eclipse, any of the ffg arkham games, we play time stories with more people but it is technically a 4 player game, game of thrones, zombicide, hex hex, maximum throwdown and a touch of evil.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if it is every Target but mine had a ton of games on clearance. Sheriff of Nottingham, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders Duel and a lot more in the $7 to $12 range. They also had a ton of younger kid games for under $5. Got Pie Face Sky High and Donuts or Gonuts for my little ones for $4.48.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Wow! Those are some great values! Shop at Target!

may or may not work for target corporate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Viticulture does 6 and is a great worker placement game. Most stonemeier games go up to 6 for that matter.

Social deduction games work with those numbers, it resistance / secret Hitler.
Captain sonar would be an option.

As for terraforming Mars, magnets > broken token!

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
On the topic of Viticulture, the new Visitors from the Rhine Valley expansion is fantastic. It replaces the visitor cards with new decks that are all engine focused and have near zero (or maybe actual 0) victory points, so you actually have to build an engine of some kind.

My gaming group used to bust out viticulture maybe once every 3 to 4 months, due to really liking the idea of the game, but not liking the swings the visitors caused. After I got the new Rhine visitors, I think we played it 6 weeks in a row. It makes the game much more euro focused and less about who can churn the most visitors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Sweet. Viticulture is one of my all time favourites but it's been on the back burner for a while. Will check the expansion out, thanks!

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Anyone played Great Western Trail? Hell of a good stratigy game @ 3-4 player, have not tried 2player yet. Does not bring much new to the table, but it takes worker placement, deckbuilding stratigy to a hell of a good game. The theme does not do alot for me, but its one of the few games that my group universaly enjoys.

faille

Molten Core Raider
played it but don't like it much. Gives the illusion there's multiple ways to score points and thus paths to victory, but in reality there's only one good one

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wow! Those are some great values! Shop at Target!

may or may not work for target corporate.

Man I walk through my local target almost every day and I didn't last week. Checked yesterday and all the good stuff was gone. If you remember give me a heads up next time!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
New game store opened up in my town so took the kids to check it out. Picked up a new copy of a card game/narrative adaptation of a choose your own adventure book and a used copy of Keys to the Kingdom based off a board James video I saw a long time ago. Played Keys to the Kingdom with the kids (2 elementary aged and 1 college aged) and it was a blast. If you can find a good copy in the $30 range it's a fun relatively quick game. Store was pretty nice for a town of under 50k. Owners talked with us a bit and hooked my younger kids up with a free Magic starter deck when they said they've only played Pokemon. Guess the first hit's free as we will be going back on their family night to relearn the game and I'll probably pick up some boosters or a starter to play with them.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My copies of My Little Sythe and the Feris expansion showed up just in time for my week+ long trip to take the kids to visit the grandparents and drop the oldest back off at college. We played My Little Sythe with 5 players aged 7 to 75 and all of us had a blast. Can't recommend this one enough for people wanting to get their kids into games. Brought my copy of Sythe and the expansions down to hopefully meet up with some old friends. Fenris seems quite different than invaders from afar. It has a story driven campaign and tuck boxes to be opened when conditions are met, similar to Gloomhaven or Charterstone. The box is also almost the size of the base game. Oh yeah one final comment broken token has a new kit to fit the two final expansions into the big box if you are currently utilizing the base game plus invaders kit.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up Kingdomino and Clank in Space both are winners.

Almost picked up Kingdomino for the kids last night but went with Fairy Tile instead. Went to a newish game store while in Vegas called Gaming Goat which was in the Frys Shopping center right off sunset and LV Blvd. Huge selection and pretty good prices but no play area, demos, or card games lIke Magic or Pokémon. Picked up Aeons End, Fairy Tile, Number 9, and Agricola Big and Small. Looking forward to trying out Number 9 tonight. It looks like a mix of rummicube, blokus and mahjong.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
We have a Twilight Imperium 4 group going on in San Diego and we are looking for an interested player or 2. We tend to meet every Thursday playing from about 4:30 to 12:30. If interested pm me.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a Twilight Imperium 4 group going on in San Diego and we are looking for an interested player or 2. We tend to meet every Thursday playing from about 4:30 to 12:30. If interested pm me.
Have you tried contacting Ross? I know he loves some TI (and I know every gamer in San Diego knows Ross so there is no need for me to extrapolate on who he is :) ).

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I have not. Honestly its quite possible I have played something with him in the past but at the moment the name doesn't ring a bell. If you could direct him to this post that would be great because if I don't know Ross I now feel that my life would be truly enriched if I did.

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have not. Honestly its quite possible I have played something with him in the past but at the moment the name doesn't ring a bell. If you could direct him to this post that would be great because if I don't know Ross I now feel that my life would be truly enriched if I did.
He's the guy who runs kingdom con. I'll shoot him a message but he's not really a forum guy.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Man I walk through my local target almost every day and I didn't last week. Checked yesterday and all the good stuff was gone. If you remember give me a heads up next time!

My local Bestbuy had their board games deeply discounted in the $7-12 range. They only had Pandemic, Carcassonne, Catan, and the Catan 5-6 player expansion though. Picked up a physical copy of Carcassonne finally. Been playing that on xbox 360 for years but never felt like picking up the game until I saw it for under $10.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My local Bestbuy had their board games deeply discounted in the $7-12 range. They only had Pandemic, Carcassonne, Catan, and the Catan 5-6 player expansion though. Picked up a physical copy of Carcassonne finally. Been playing that on xbox 360 for years but never felt like picking up the game until I saw it for under $10.

Nice! I don’t really have interest in those but that price would definitely be a “why the hell not.” purchase for sure.

In other board game news I got a couple games in of The Edge: Dawnfall. It’s fantastic, the gameplay is fast, strategic, and furious. Sometimes you can get some brutal card combos if you manage your resources right and can afford them all. Really looking forward to trying the other four factions. I could see myself playing this one on TTS too.