Board Games

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Too many bones, it is the groups new favorite.
D58AACB4-ED1D-41D7-BC3E-EC254EEA2AEB.jpeg
0A63CE0B-8289-4676-A12D-35120F740AF6.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My brother and I like it as well, going to be one of the games I that try to keep a complete collection of.

If you can still get them, try to pick up the deluxe life chips. Have the similar weight and feel to the rest of the chips and gets you even further in enjoying the quality of the components.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I was so tempted by their first kickstarter but it was new and mostly I'd be playing it 2player plus it seemed fiddly. Is it worth getting retail at this point?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was so tempted by their first kickstarter but it was new and mostly I'd be playing it 2player plus it seemed fiddly. Is it worth getting retail at this point?

Yes. It is a very good game with top tier components, lots of replayability, lots of great expansions. I’m not sure what you mean by fiddly, it’s a very dialed in game.

I bought the base game at retail price. After playing one game I loved it, played it a couple more times and bought all the expansion characters. On this Kickstarter I got all the “nice to haves” along with undertow and all the add-ons.

It has an 8.6 on BGG as well, I’m not alone in my opinion.

Too Many Bones

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes. It is a very good game with top tier components, lots of replayability, lots of great expansions. I’m not sure what you mean by fiddly, it’s a very dialed in game.

I bought the base game at retail price. After playing one game I loved it, played it a couple more times and bought all the expansion characters. On this Kickstarter I got all the “nice to haves” along with undertow and all the add-ons.

It has an 8.6 on BGG as well, I’m not alone in my opinion.

Too Many Bones

Dammit, I forgot that one - is it not a retail store thing at all? Not seeing it at CSI.

Edit: Looks like it's straight from vendor only. NM. Found it.

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing Great Western Trail? Good stratigy game with alot of replayibility. Pretty easy to teach to new gamers but has enough depth that you can play over and over with different stratigy each time. The theme, cowboys and cows is pretty boring to me, but the gameplay is top notch.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Anyone playing Great Western Trail? Good stratigy game with alot of replayibility. Pretty easy to teach to new gamers but has enough depth that you can play over and over with different stratigy each time. The theme, cowboys and cows is pretty boring to me, but the gameplay is top notch.
Not a huge fan of it but I can see why people like it. The main thing I dislike about it is that is gives the illusion of having multiple ways to score points and thus lead to victory, but in reality, there's only one good way and you should be doing it if you want to have a chance.

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Not a huge fan of it but I can see why people like it. The main thing I dislike about it is that is gives the illusion of having multiple ways to score points and thus lead to victory, but in reality, there's only one good way and you should be doing it if you want to have a chance.
Really? I have won with both cowboy and railroad paths. I am still not great with the builder, I think that is the hardest to make work, but I have come close to winning with it on occasion.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My girlfriend and I have been wondering about co-op dungeon crawlers lately. But we want to get a cheap one for our first one. What's a good one for $20-$30?

Also, how are the Fallout board games? She's a huge Fallout fan.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
My girlfriend and I have been wondering about co-op dungeon crawlers lately. But we want to get a cheap one for our first one. What's a good one for $20-$30?

Great article on dungeon crawler board games: The Dungeon Crawler Collector (2018) |

The wife and I loved the D&D adventure series but check that collection I linked above and you may find something there to tickle that Fallout itch.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Great article on dungeon crawler board games: The Dungeon Crawler Collector (2018) |

The wife and I loved the D&D adventure series but check that collection I linked above and you may find something there to tickle that Fallout itch.

Awesome quick bite reviews, thanks. :) So many expensive ones on there tho. We're pretty poor, really $30 is the most we can responibly spend. Maybe I'm just SOL.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is one I backed on KS that my buddies who have played it have enjoyed -
Says they are taking preorders. Kickstarter updates make it sound like shipping in December or January.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Awesome quick bite reviews, thanks. :) So many expensive ones on there tho. We're pretty poor, really $30 is the most we can responibly spend. Maybe I'm just SOL.

A couple of cheap ones I’ve eyed in the past were One-Deck Dungeon and Fire of Eidolon.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Might want to check out 5 Minute Dungeon. It's in the $15-$25 range and as the name implies the games last 5 minutes. Really easy to pick up and I play it with my kids pretty often and bring in relatives when they visit and haven't heard any complaints from them.

faille

Molten Core Raider
See if you have any second hand trading groups on facebook or whatever in the area. Can possibly get some high quality ones for a bargain

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arkham Horror 3rd is solid, reasonable set up and play time, similarly satisfying, really nice branching overarching quest approach (similar to FO Boardgame).