Board Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man, Too Many Bones is upgrading their components to have a nice stitches edging. People just bought their second printing (myself included) and received them in past few weeks or at still waiting. Naturally people weren’t really happy with a major upgrade to components announced right after they bought the old version.

What do they do? Offer $200 worth of player mats for $24 if you own the old versions. Fuckin unreal customer service right there.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man, Too Many Bones is upgrading their components to have a nice stitches edging. People just bought their second printing (myself included) and received them in past few weeks or at still waiting. Naturally people weren’t really happy with a major upgrade to components announced right after they bought the old version.

What do they do? Offer $200 worth of player mats for $24 if you own the old versions. Fuckin unreal customer service right there.

Considering it is 300+ for just the base game anywhere online I picked up the 190.00 version for base and expansion. Kind of a no brainer.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Friend got KD:M in (guessing mine is in the mail) and apparently there are a bunch of figures that come in 20+ pieces. I'm not looking forward to putting those together...I still have to put a bunch of Blood Bowl teams together before I can even get to that. Luckily I have Massive Darkness to tide me over when I start running game nights again.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend got KD:M in (guessing mine is in the mail) and apparently there are a bunch of figures that come in 20+ pieces. I'm not looking forward to putting those together...I still have to put a bunch of Blood Bowl teams together before I can even get to that. Luckily I have Massive Darkness to tide me over when I start running game nights again.

I think Phoenix was around 40 if memory serves, most of the core set isn't too bad to put together unless you're OCD about positioning the phoenix hands exactly in their correct spots (many fit in multiple spots). Everything besides Phoenix was pretty darn easy.

Now Spidicules and Dung Beetle Knight - those were challenging. But those are expansions, so not something you'll see for a bit yet.

Although I will say survivors have varying difficulty level for assembly depending on which you want to put together - but most aren't too bad, and if you're not OCD about figures matching their gear (which at some point becomes a must unless you magnetize) you can get away with only assembling a handful. [I personally only use Narrative Sculpts + 4 BYO survivors to represent ours - sure, sometimes the "lion spear" is actually a "lantern halberd" or similar but it does a good enough job at representing to me to save 456323 hrs of assembling survivors to make a giant mess to hunt down an EXACT one that fits the current survivor each time]

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I've put together 4 survivors, 4 base game monsters, and 2 expansion monsters so far. They really aren't very hard, most of the stuff has fit together very nicely (Except the fucking antelope's right ear...ugh, needed a lot of trimming with Exacto knife.

Get some nice snips (Even nice ones are cheap) off Amazon, an Exacto knife, and a jar of Tamiya Cement. Green Stuff if you want to fill seams and paint. This is my first serious miniature assembly and it's been pretty easy.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've put together 4 survivors, 4 base game monsters, and 2 expansion monsters so far. They really aren't very hard, most of the stuff has fit together very nicely (Except the fucking antelope's right ear...ugh, needed a lot of trimming with Exacto knife.

Get some nice snips (Even nice ones are cheap) off Amazon, an Exacto knife, and a jar of Tamiya Cement. Green Stuff if you want to fill seams and paint. This is my first serious miniature assembly and it's been pretty easy.

I would echo this except for gluing the survivor's feet to the bases where I had trouble to getting a really solid bond, but I'm new at this. It's a bit frustrating to do but satisfying at the same time, I feel I could do this all day.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had a little trouble with that too. I found me touring to hold them was wobbling them too much. I cut up some thin cardboard and made some bends, etc to get the survivors posed they way I wanted. Slapped glue on their feet, put them on their stands, situated the cardboard and didn’t touch them. Half hour later they’re damn solid.

Vaclav

What type of glue you guys using? The more gel-like slowset superglue I used didn't really need propping for stuff like based (And I use the trickier faces bases, not sure if 1.5 has them included).

Only things that needed propping while setting were Spidicules stuff and the left wing for Dragon King (because it's so heavy and completely horizontal below the figure for the joint)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tamiya Cement. Works great. I had to prop the antelope on the base is all so far.

Vaclav

Tamiya Cement. Works great. I had to prop the antelope on the base is all so far.

Ah yea, Antelope was another, forgot that positioning - it wasn't one I had to do any repairs on after the shelf issue to remind me.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What type of glue you guys using? The more gel-like slowset superglue I used didn't really need propping for stuff like based (And I use the trickier faces bases, not sure if 1.5 has them included).

Only things that needed propping while setting were Spidicules stuff and the left wing for Dragon King (because it's so heavy and completely horizontal below the figure for the joint)
I generally use the white gorilla glue after trying a bunch of other stuff. Just be careful not to get the one that puffs out and expands.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001IY82FM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's what I use. Never had issues. It sets fast and never had issues with parts falling off later.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
My coop partners were busy this weekend but even playing solo I fucking love Kingdom Death so far. Great mix of management, tactical combat and storytelling. Luck plays a huge part, for good or bad. I refused to look at the clock and played until 4 am last night, couldn't wait to dive in again today.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

My coop partners were busy this weekend but even playing solo I fucking love Kingdom Death so far. Great mix of management, tactical combat and storytelling. Luck plays a huge part, for good or bad. I refused to look at the clock and played until 4 am last night, couldn't wait to dive in again today.

Indeed, it's truly amazing - there's nothing I could ever complain about that doesn't get invalidated by practicality. Like wanting more content, Poots throws in a ton for each set which obviously takes time to design/playtest/produce.

Like for me, I'm super anxious for Silver City but it's sooooo far away still.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just hope the PM opens for new expansions. Didn’t have the cash at the time, and I doubt I’ll ever pay full price for this stuff.

Vaclav

I just hope the PM opens for new expansions. Didn’t have the cash at the time, and I doubt I’ll ever pay full price for this stuff.

Yea, same - was before I went back to work, so had to cash in some assets to get all of what I did as-is. 1.5 Upgrade, Gambler's and my missing current expansions was all I did. Crossing fingers for PM addition for the new ones once they come around since money is more fluid now. (And maybe similar sooner for original xpacs for Spidicules - slow going on trying to repair him, may be doable though)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Collection grows! Playing massive darkness, good times.

IMG_1623.JPG

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nice collection. Massive Darkness figures are very nice. Game needs some slight houseruling though or every game goes...start weak on tile 1&2, loot ramps up power ridiculously fast, steamroll last few tiles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah the transmute thing gets pretty crazy, next game we are thinking if three treasures on space you draw three keep one. Except rare treasure chests.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Home-made table, or what? I'm still super salty over my GC one being nixed like 2 months away from delivery date.