Board Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you played chaos in the old world? Does the cthulu theme matter much to you?

If the answer is no to those, find a used copy of Chaos for like 20 bucks and save yourself a hunno.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Have you played chaos in the old world? Does the cthulu theme matter much to you?

If the answer is no to those, find a used copy of Chaos for like 20 bucks and save yourself a hunno.

Nope and not really (although the minis are nice I have way too many that need to be painted). Will give Chaos a look, thanks.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Local game shop has a copy of Cthulhu Wars for $129 which seems like a pretty good price. Anyone who picked it up have any comments at the staying power and if the xpacs are needed to make it a full experience or if the core game is enough?

i absolutely love Cthulhu wars, probably played it 10-15 times with the base factions and another 5-6 times with the expansions. to answer your question, with just the base game you get a lot of enjoyment, however if you plan on doing more than 4 players the expansions are required. there is enough variance with the starting factions that as long as you aren't playing the same one every time you'll get a different play experience. its also a fairly easy game to teach other folks that may not be the most board game savy (my in-laws learned it in about 5 minutes).

chaos in the old world is a decent game but i think you need the shadow of the horned rat expansion to balance the factions, otherwise khorne will most likely win every game. its very easy to feed him kills and he'll get too far ahead unless everyone is on the same page.

overall i think cthulhu wars is a much better game but chaos in the old world is an acceptable replacement if you dont want to drop the cash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey all...

I'm going to put my descent 2.0 up for sale on Ebay. Never sold anything there before, any thing to look out for?

Should i look at other places to sell other than Ebay? Boardgamegeek? Im in Sweden but market here is limited so need to sell internationally i think...

I've painted up the base set, all expansions and lieutenants and some extra bits as well. What is a fair asking price?

IMG_3121.JPG
IMG_3128.JPG
IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3133.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can also try Bartertown of Facebook selling groups. There are lots of those groups for America, I assume there has to be one for Europe.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey all...

I'm going to put my descent 2.0 up for sale on Ebay. Never sold anything there before, any thing to look out for?

Should i look at other places to sell other than Ebay? Boardgamegeek? Im in Sweden but market here is limited so need to sell internationally i think...

I've painted up the base set, all expansions and lieutenants and some extra bits as well. What is a fair asking price?

View attachment 162794 View attachment 162795 View attachment 162796 View attachment 162797 View attachment 162798 View attachment 162799 View attachment 162800 View attachment 162801 View attachment 162802 View attachment 162803

Awesome paint jobs dude.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
just be mindful to put + buyer pays shipping and get a good estimate when you post the auction. between ebay fees and shipping it can definitely eat into your bottom line pretty fast.

you'd be better off selling on bartertown profit wise but you have a lot more protection using Ebay.

Bartertown tends to have a lot of people trying to "get a quick deal" and talk you down pretty far off your prices. i posted some deathguard recently ~1k retail worth for $450 and had sad stories and people offering $250.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks all, ill check out Bartertown or similar :). It turns out that Descent relay just became a hobby project. Only played the intro mission as well as one of the coop campaigns. I enjoy painting and Descent provided a lot of variety from say Warhammer where the paint scheme gets repeated a lot so just kept getting another expansion or monster and heroes collection when i finished the last...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
just be mindful to put + buyer pays shipping and get a good estimate when you post the auction. between ebay fees and shipping it can definitely eat into your bottom line pretty fast.

you'd be better off selling on bartertown profit wise but you have a lot more protection using Ebay.

Bartertown tends to have a lot of people trying to "get a quick deal" and talk you down pretty far off your prices. i posted some deathguard recently ~1k retail worth for $450 and had sad stories and people offering $250.
Seems like a reasonable price. Chaos marines are the second best retails sales faction so there is a lot of used supply. They are also in the big box which means you can get them for dirt cheap. Their retail value doesn't mean much when when their split value from Bartertown resellers is pennies on the dollar.

I've sold and traded hundreds of times on Bartertown. I always got the price I was looking for. I've never had a bad experience other then the last dozen or so people haven't left feedback.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
True, but these are none of the starter box models and all from the newest release. I think over 50% off retail is fair. 40k is the only thing I've had an issue with moving on btown. Warmachine and boardgames go fairly quickly.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Finally got Cosmic Encounter to the table with 4 last weeekend and had a fucking blast. Right up there with my favorite games and a welcome break from the heavier games (Terra Mystica, Agricola, Blood Rage) we’ve been playing. Also played Cock Roach poker which is a fun little bluffing game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I need those shelves. Black Ikea shelves?

Also, live closer to Oklahoma dammit.

Yep, Kallax. Keep in mind you can leave out some vertical dividers to fit larger games like hero quest and KDM. His are shown fully assembled.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yep, Kallax. Keep in mind you can leave out some vertical dividers to fit larger games like hero quest and KDM. His are shown fully assembled.

Yeah I assembled like 13 of those for an office I was furnishing years ago, they were all just white so I was making sure. They certainly looked familiar!