Board Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cloudspire, fun game and really captures the feeling of a MOBA. Lots of little rules to learn just like too many bones but if you stick with learning the phases and just what your faction can do it is far less overwhelming.
3D796728-9B71-4FFB-B976-A3DD88B75E69.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Played some Arkham: Last Hour. It's nice to not hate how boring a game with the name Arkham ends up being (as is the cast with Elder Sign and the regular game). Also have played a couple games of Marvel Champions, and am enjoying that. Trying to rally support for giving Battlestar Galactica a go over Tablestop Simulator so we can include some remote folks.

1575190049702.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
I still love Gloomhave but, and everyone seems to have an issue with partz of the game, i don't play it regularly and i forget what i was trying to do and where i was in the story.
Recently started a campaign with two others, only 5 Scenarios in but its becoming one of my favourite games.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My dad got me this back in 1989 or 1990, it pretty much started me on the fantasy board game kick. I’ve held onto it since then, through a lot of moves. Broke it out today and played with my son who’s almost five. He loved it. Every time he would open a door with his barbarian he would decide a new way to open it. Kick it, bash with sword, body slam, etc. and he would act it out. Was pretty cool to play something I used to play with my dad.

8E153CC5-3654-456E-AAC5-A8C13195EDA3.jpeg

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing a ton of NMBR 9 over this holiday. It's a quick to learn (maybe 2 minutes), plays in about 5-10 minutes, has a huge replayability factor and seems to be a hit for age 10 to 80. Basic jist you lay Tetris like pieces down with a value of 0-9. First layer is worth nothing, second layer is worth the face value, third is worth 2x the value and so on. Everyone has their own play space so multiple copies can support a larger group. It's about $20 at a local shop and I plan on picking up a second copy to move it from 4 to 8 players.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
My dad got me this back in 1989 or 1990, it pretty much started me on the fantasy board game kick. I’ve held onto it since then, through a lot of moves. Broke it out today and played with my son who’s almost five. He loved it. Every time he would open a door with his barbarian he would decide a new way to open it. Kick it, bash with sword, body slam, etc. and he would act it out. Was pretty cool to play something I used to play with my dad.

View attachment 236833
Fuck yeah! I still have my copy too, with the wizards of morcar expansion!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played Spirit Island this week. Highly recommend it if you haven't played. You play angry island gods trying to kill off settlers in a co-op area control game. It's got some deck building, area control and civ building in it. The anti4x game.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played Spirit Island this week. Highly recommend it if you haven't played. You play angry island gods trying to kill off settlers in a co-op area control game. It's got some deck building, area control and civ building in it. The anti4x game.

I had this game on a “buy someday” list at one point. I’ve heard nothing but good things about, and it looks pretty cool. I got to the point where I have a few I played games now though, so haven’t bought anything new in quite a while until, if ever, I get caught up with what I already have. I’ll still keep it on the radar for if that day ever comes :p

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We played using some of the 'easier to play' spirits. I played the lightning guy which is basically a red burn deck so my decisions were really easy. Team work was definitely a big part of the game though. My engine got humming because another player kept giving me Mana to cast spells.

I can see it being more complex with the harder spirits but still the complexity level will still be low. The guy I played it with also plays it with his teenagers. From what u could tell, the expansion stuff added a lot to the game.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
been playing a fair bit of 3 and 4 player Scythe lately, really starting to like it alot. We have been using Invaders and Wind Gambit expansions pretty regularly. Picked up Rise of Fenris for the family for Christmas and are starting our way through it and really liking it. We are thru 3 out of the 8 missions for the campaign so far and having a really good time. If you have Scythe and havent picked up Fenris take a look at it, as we are really enjoying it so far.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Only just found out that Imperial Assault has been cancelled due to some rights issues, no new physical content and probably no reprints! I'm missing a couple expansions and about 20 or so of the figures still :(

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Only just found out that Imperial Assault has been cancelled due to some rights issues, no new physical content and probably no reprints! I'm missing a couple expansions and about 20 or so of the figures still :(

Fucking Disney!

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Fucking Disney!
I don't think this is technically a disney issue. Hasbro has the star wars board game license, FFG has miniature game license. I think FFG took some liberties making certain games and calling them miniature and have decided to stop fighting Hasbro on this one. Don't ask me how FFG gets away with Rebellion though. Although it's out of stock on their website, so maybe they quietly sunset that as well.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't think this is technically a disney issue. Hasbro has the star wars board game license, FFG has miniature game license. I think FFG took some liberties making certain games and calling them miniature and have decided to stop fighting Hasbro on this one. Don't ask me how FFG gets away with Rebellion though. Although it's out of stock on their website, so maybe they quietly sunset that as well.

Yeah this is true from my experience too, I recall the initial hasbro licensing issues. I just like to demonize Disney. They kinda suck nowadays.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Big Layoffs at FFG today, the RPG and Digital departments basically axed entirely. Scuttlebutt from folks nearby is that they're slimming down for sale, but won't say who's buying.

Would be amusing if Hasbro bought them, then just relaunched Android Netrunner.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The group that bought Asmodee is known for buying companies, chopping them up and selling. It must be a pretty profitable company right?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Would be amusing if Hasbro bought them, then just relaunched Android Netrunner.

I'm not sure I would want Hasbro to own them, but I would like Netrunner back. Its a real tough call.

• 1Like