Boardwalk Empire

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope they don't kill off Daughter Maitland though I think it's inevitable. Kill off Gillian or Margaret before her please!

Found this track of Margot singing one of the tunes on Youtube.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was on the edge of my seat during the Chalky/Purnsley fight. Holy shit that was intense.

I'm really not happy about the developments with Eli. They've already done the "brother against brother" thing and I was really enjoying the two working together. Not to mention blackmailing someone close to Nucky is such a cliched crime drama trope. I've got my fingers crossed that we get another unexpected development ala Eddie killing himself (not necessarily Eli dying, but something unexpected).

What do you think would happen if Eli just straight up told Nucky what went down in the diner? It always feels to me that keeping it to himself just gets him in to a world of trouble, as evidence of last time.
This is another reason I'm not a fan of the "blackmailing someone close to the crime lord" plot that crime dramas like to do. It might work sometimes, but I often find myself wondering "Why don't you just fess up immediately about what's going on and figure out a way to fuck the police together?" This is especially true since Nucky and Eli are brothers and have clearly been working together so well thus far. If Eli were to tell Nucky what happened, the two of them could easily work a way out of it, given Nucky's connections.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Jeeeeeeeeeesus, finally got to watch the last episode.

That fight was frightening.

Time for Chalky to take out his daddy's tools.

spronk

FPS noob
chalky/omar is your squad buddy in battlefield 4 (single player campaign) if you wanna hang out with him and talk about bitches

mickey really has been stealing every scene hes been on this season, he better be the last man standing. need more van alden and al capone and harrow, kill off some of these boring characters to make room

iannis

Musty Nester
Nobody's gonna kill mickey. He's a cockroach. He's a survivor.

And yeah, he's been crushing it all season. Even his gimp little twitter-laugh isn't annoying anymore.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't think eli is gonna flip, they're gonna have him go through the same things eddie went through and he'll be the contrast. is there a theme, where the guy on top looses cuz a women threatens or kills the guy? i remember eli and nucky got into it and shroeder put a shotgun to eli (when he was on top) and at the end nucky said something like "make sure it's loaded", is there another scene like this?

cuz once dunn was on top, i was like, ah bitch is gonna whack him or something, but that kitchen knife was in deep, you only saw like all handle , ha.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He probably won't turn on Nucky, but it would be understandable if he did in this context. Eli has made his feelings about his family pretty clear and Nucky crossed a line with Will. Even if he doesn't turn on him, things are going to be pretty bad between them I think.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My off-the-grid theory is this: Eli's son finds out his dad is a narc and ices his pussy ass, becoming the "man" of the house. Another thing I just realized, is no Harrow/Capone/Luciano this episode and it was still pretty good. Next week looks really good - O'bannon looks like he's about to get whats coming to him.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
He probably won't turn on Nucky, but it would be understandable if he did in this context. Eli has made his feelings about his family pretty clear and Nucky crossed a line with Will. Even if he doesn't turn on him, things are going to be pretty bad between them I think.
Which is sad, because he really was being too rough on the kid.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really liked the BOI briefing scene, in my opinion it really depicted well how BOI agents were clueless at the time about organized crime. Some of them public servants were even admiring these gangsters livelihood. I think we'll discover soon why "Agent Knox" has a hardon about mobsters. About Eli, now that's an interesting dilemma : will Eli fuck Nucky fed wise, or will he stick with family policy ? Also Chalky's scene / fight was really good and tense. But yeah I'll agree with some people, we need more Van Alden / Capone / Harrow drama !

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
After watching the Chalky story line I really want a HBO show with early African American leaders and upstarts.

A new age Roots on HBO type thing.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That showdown was the best scene I have seen in or out of a theater in over a decade, the camera work, pacing and tension leading up to that fight was simply riveting. It truly felt like his fate was in the balance. 10/10

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
That showdown was the best scene I have seen in or out of a theater in over a decade, the camera work, pacing and tension leading up to that fight was simply riveting. It truly felt like his fate was in the balance. 10/10
They really do some amazing scenes in this series. I'll never forget the penultimate episode of the 2nd season with the music box playing -- I was really tired and half asleep while watching it and it just became surreal.

Cybsled

Well, he finally figured out he was the man all along. I lol'd at the end where he got all gangster with his wife and she seemed ok with it ;p

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
"My name is Nelson Van Alden.Take off your nightgown."

Joe_sl

shitlord
lol Van Alden is awesome.

Looks like they are setting up for a epic showdown with Chalky/Nucky vs Narcise. Maybe we'll have another Harrow rampage for the finale.
biggrin.png

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Van Alden killed it this episode. Threw down cash and his gun on the bed and ordered his wife to undress. Fucking amazing. "I used to believe in god but now I don't believe in anything"

Also, why is the leader of a rival gang hanging out in his flower shop alone at night?
redface.png