Bootstrappers guide to being successful.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Wait... she has a degree in stats AND CS?

this is a troll. It has to be a troll.

If this isn't a troll, pm me as soon as you see this, I will get your dumb ass a job today.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
She can't take your job chaos because of [reasons] and [excuses]. It's [not her fault] and she can't take your job because of [neo cons and dude bros]. Anything that would admit that there isn't a sleeper cell of [neo cons and dude bros] oppressing her life would shatter her [narrative].

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Anyone who thinks that they could actually get Mist a job hasn't read a single post of hers for the last decade. People like that don't make it through interviews because anyone interviewing her thinks: ("Holy fuck I'd rather smash my penis with a brick than work with a person like this for a single second.")

Mist calls that the patriarchy though. Only white males can network.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've never been rejected for any job after getting to the interview stage.

Getting an actual fucking interview is damn near impossible.

Or sometimes a recruiter will call me, submit me for a job, and then I'll hear nothing for 7 months.

I've had professionals go over my resume, it's well-put-together, so that's not it.

Also, don't turn down "contract" work. Contract-to-hire is fairly common in the tech field. There are a number of people who can talk a good game in interviews, but are either lazy or inept when it comes to actually doing things. We rarely lay off anyone but we just fired a guy just like that.

Contract can also potentially pay more if you are hourly and it's crunch time. My buddy just contracted through delivery for Naughty Dog on the latest Uncharted. The money was so good he actually requested to be contract, not full-time, now at Infinity Ward. But IW doesn't do contract for his position...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Or sometimes a recruiter will call me, submit me for a job, and then I'll hear nothing for 7 months.

I've had professionals go over my resume, it's well-put-together, so that's not it.
There are a large number of data sets in educational psyc. Why not do some less than fancy analysis on some, toss it on your github, add it to your CV and prepare to get slammed in the face with recruiter's dicks? This shit isnt complex, you have the pedigree, show a tiny bit of effort and you will drown in real job offers. Or you can continue to whine here about how shitty your job is.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

Start using a man's first name.A white man.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Step 1: Win the genetic lottery
Step 2: Workout hard in the gym
Step 3: Find a girl with lots of money
Step 4: Play games and do shit like paddle board at the lake during week days knowing you will never have to work a fucking day for the rest of your life.

Worked for me
rrr_img_136481.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Intelligence, height, and looks in that order for men. I mean, its been proven time and time again that height matters a lot.

Looks for women. everything is secondary. You could be a blonde bombshell with a nice ass and prosper the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Intelligence is like way down the list.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Step 1: Win the genetic lottery
Step 2: Workout hard in the gym
Step 3: Find a girl with lots of money
Step 4: Play games and do shit like paddle board at the lake during week days knowing you will never have to work a fucking day for the rest of your life.

Worked for me
So in other words, youre perfectly happy being her bitch? Thats not a man. Men do shit, men build, men accomplish. Youre nothing but a wife, bro.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Anyone who thinks that they could actually get Mist a job hasn't read a single post of hers for the last decade. People like that don't make it through interviews because anyone interviewing her thinks: ("Holy fuck I'd rather smash my penis with a brick than work with a person like this for a single second.")

Mist calls that the patriarchy though. Only white males can network.
Stats + CS writes it's own ticket right now. Seriously Mist, the fact that you didn't send my drunk ass your resume immediately shows me you are a full of shit troll. Shit, you could work from home, you have the credentials to do whatever the fuck you want in IT. But every day you make a choice to go into that shithole.

Man, this pisses me off. I know people who do this same exact thing and it is just crazy. Oh gosh, I can't find another job. Well here I am, I am telling you Mist that I can get you a jobright nowwith your credentials alone. But you're either scared as fuck or just a troll. Either way, meh.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
So in other words, youre perfectly happy being her bitch? Thats not a man. Men do shit, men build, men accomplish. Youre nothing but a wife, bro.
I guess if she treated me that way but she doesn't. She runs a business both while at the office and when she gets home so I take care of everything else and I've become highly efficient at it allowing me to do whatever I want for the rest of the day. If that makes me a bought and paid for, kept man bitch then sign me up because life is great.