Borderlands 2

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always tried to have a slag healer grenade, yes. Still, you can't use that as your only source of slag since you'll run out. Tiny tina's regenerating magic missiles kind of fix that, but then you don't get the oshit heal if you need it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
different strokes I guess. I've put more hours into BL2 than any game I've ever played and I continue to look forward to getting stuff I still don't have - all the while challenged to get through areas unlike the hot-knife-through-butter my Lilith was with a hellfire in BL1
More hours on BL2 than any game ever? Really?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Might as well say you don't understand why people farm in any game period for pixels.
Eh, he's got a point. Farming for farming's sake is boring, and that's exactly what is in BL2. I've put a lot of hours into both games not because I like farming but because I like tinkering around with different builds and weapon combos, fun stuff. Twink out a Lilith in BL1 and set the players to 4 and see if you can survive!

Unrelated gripe: Tiny Tina DLC has been fun so far, but it's clear the developers don't know how to add complex challenges. Everyone should carry around a fire and corrosive weapon, the main game teaches you that. I decided to put slag and electric in my other slots. Fun times when the devs put in the following combinations of enemies:

Resistant to all elemental damage
Resistant to all elemental damage but takes normal damage from corrosive. Has a red bar so that you erroneously think it's weak to fire.
Resistant to all elemental damage but weak to melee attacks. But not if your Krieg or Gaige, your default melee attacks do shit, so you need a bladed weapon.
Resistant to fire.
Resistant to electric.
Weak to corrosive(standard yellow bar guys, just thought I'd throw them in).
And of course, if they aren't any of those guys, weak to fire.

I like Taloo's suggestion of a slag grenade, I honestly had never thought of that. So that frees up the slag weapon slot. But I still need fire, corrosive, explosive, non-elemental, and bladed weapons to cover all the enemies. Oh, and one of the (optional)quests requires an electric weapon. No idea if the quest provides one.

Maintaining that many weapons is just stupid. I mean, I guess you could eschew all weapons except non-elemental and keep Scarlett DLC Rapier around all the time. But that's slow killing unless you play an Anarchy Gaige and a couple shots/pellets will kill anything anyway.

Bleh, this game has a lot of promise and I think they're going the wrong way with it. There's gotta be a better way to create challenging foes.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Eh, he's got a point. Farming for farming's sake is boring, and that's exactly what is in BL2. I've put a lot of hours into both games not because I like farming but because I like tinkering around with different builds and weapon combos, fun stuff. Twink out a Lilith in BL1 and set the players to 4 and see if you can survive!

Unrelated gripe: Tiny Tina DLC has been fun so far, but it's clear the developers don't know how to add complex challenges. Everyone should carry around a fire and corrosive weapon, the main game teaches you that. I decided to put slag and electric in my other slots. Fun times when the devs put in the following combinations of enemies:

Resistant to all elemental damage
Resistant to all elemental damage but takes normal damage from corrosive. Has a red bar so that you erroneously think it's weak to fire.
Resistant to all elemental damage but weak to melee attacks. But not if your Krieg or Gaige, your default melee attacks do shit, so you need a bladed weapon.
Resistant to fire.
Resistant to electric.
Weak to corrosive(standard yellow bar guys, just thought I'd throw them in).
And of course, if they aren't any of those guys, weak to fire.

I like Taloo's suggestion of a slag grenade, I honestly had never thought of that. So that frees up the slag weapon slot. But I still need fire, corrosive, explosive, non-elemental, and bladed weapons to cover all the enemies. Oh, and one of the (optional)quests requires an electric weapon. No idea if the quest provides one.

Maintaining that many weapons is just stupid. I mean, I guess you could eschew all weapons except non-elemental and keep Scarlett DLC Rapier around all the time. But that's slow killing unless you play an Anarchy Gaige and a couple shots/pellets will kill anything anyway.

Bleh, this game has a lot of promise and I think they're going the wrong way with it. There's gotta be a better way to create challenging foes.
Ya I had to ask myself why the hell I was farming and doing the quit and reload thing to kill a boss 100 times in a game I only play singleplayer. It wasn't any fun, and I couldn't come up with a good reason, so I'm done.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had a similar realization as Dudebro. I'm not saying BL2 was even a bad game. I played it over 100 hours. That makes it a fantastic game in my book. But the end game is left wanting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, I killed Crawmerax tons of times, for no other reason than to kill Crawmerax and possibly get loot to make killing Crawmerax easier. I have yet to even finish a second playthrough in BL2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But we're not talking about the first playthrough. The first playthrough is enjoyable, tuned and fun. Possibly a bit too easy (ok it was too easy) but it stayed true to the spirit of the game. Fast and satisfying kills. The third playthrough does not stay true to that. You die in a few hits and you have to unload a clip into any enemy to kill it. It is more frustrating than fun. Think of Diablo3's unpatched Inferno.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I killed Crawmerax tons of times, for no other reason than to kill Crawmerax and possibly get loot to make killing Crawmerax easier. I have yet to even finish a second playthrough in BL2
Killed Crawmeraxx once with that stupid exploit, never tried him again. Raid bosses are another problem with BL2's end game, except it's been so boiled down, it strips out the main benefit of raiding, which is largely social. I'd play BL2 all day if I had Furor verbally berating me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The second playthrough was definitely the most enjoyable. I found the first playthrough to be a slog and took many breaks, but when I started the second playthrough I played it through to the end within a few nights.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've done both the normal and true vault hunter modes, and enjoyed both. First time for the story, second time for the increased challenge. I simply can't enjoy the ultimate mode though. I don't mind the increased health, or even the reliance on slag for UVHM. What removes all fun for me is that in UVHM you go into fight for your life mode after 1-2 shots.

Maybe it's just my gear, but being forced to always fight from extreme range behind cover, or dying instantly is just not my cup of tea.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
BL2 killed my video card, now I really hate this game! Sorry, nothing to add to the conversation.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It could have been better if they changed UVHM to a step above TVHM without the level scaling, then when you hit 60 and finished it again everything went to the way it is now.

UVHM's difficulty isn't as bad as how it's such a giant leap than what was before it

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Re-installing this game. I got through the first play through, and then got 10 minutes into the 2nd before I realized it was all just the same, but a little harder.

With all the DLC wanted to give it another shot, but have no idea where to start. Is the Season Pass the best way to get into some of the DLC? or should I just not bother with DLC until I'm higher level? Max level I think is level 32 or 33.

Thanks for some guidance, as Steam has crazy amounts of DLC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think Tiny Tina and Hammerlock start later. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are all scaled to player level.

I would disagree that Scarlett's booty and especially Hammerlock DLC are worth it. But the season pass is probably cheaper than buying Tiny Tina and Mr. Torgue separately.

And if you're into equipping your character with some unbalanced shit, there's some borderline game-breaking stuff in Scarlett.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How many DLCs are they still planning to release ? waiting for the inevitable gold version.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's another level bump and DLC on the way(you get to visit the big H in the sky), so I would guess at least another whole season pass.