Borderlands 2

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I have no season pass and havent bought any DLC. I have the mechromancer pack, you got that as bonus if you pre-ordered on steam. I wouldnt be surprised if the pre-order packs differ between retailers, though.

Caliane

I have no season pass and havent bought any DLC. I have the mechromancer pack, you got that as bonus if you pre-ordered on steam. I wouldnt be surprised if the pre-order packs differ between retailers, though.
Tiny Tina's is probably worth getting the entire game for, fyi. It is probably the best DLC I have ever played.
Although, does have end game spoilers, so don't play it until after you complete the main storyline.

Saban_sl

shitlord
So should i use my golden keys whenever i get them or save them for higher levels? Wiki guide in OP isnt that clear, but it does sound like saving them for higher levels isn't the best idea which was my original plan.

Since you should be able to get your hand on skads of keys with that one site linked I think the best way to use them is to obtain weapons when you hit that next tier of difficulty and you haven't had shit for luck with weapon drops as you went along. So right at the start of each playthrough and whenever your damage isn't just cutting it for your primary weapon or weapon combo.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Honestly if you have gone a while without a good drop just go ahead and use your keys. Top level stuff from the chest is often eridan tech and fucking retarded anyways.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just as a PSA I went through all of those keys on the page last night and the only one that wasn't valid anymore was the one from Jan 8.

Goatface

might just pass on the new dlc

September 3
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge
Hour long mission - fighting bad guys from through out the game balance for a team of 4
Level cap 72
what i understand, once at 72, can pick to play overpower mode, where you can gain 8 overpower levels
loot will level to 80, badguys 80+, but you don't get any move skill points after 72

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That shit for real? Fucking pass. Amazing how different that dlc is than tiny Tina. Almost like different design teams are working on the dlc.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That shit for real? Fucking pass. Amazing how different that dlc is than tiny Tina. Almost like different design teams are working on the dlc.
Afaik all of their DLC has been outsourced to other dev studios. Actually I don't know thatallof them have been, but I assumed all of them were when they said hammerlock and torgue's were.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Afaik all of their DLC has been outsourced to other dev studios. Actually I don't know thatallof them have been, but I assumed all of them were when they said hammerlock and torgue's were.
Triptych did Scarlett and Hammerlock, big surprise that those are the worst of the DLC. Different company did Torgue, and that was a decent DLC. Can't find any info if Tiny Tina was farmed out, but it's definitely the best so far. So, grats Gearbox on making customers doubt the quality of the DLC to a solid base product?

Caliane

I thought I read the actual borderlands 2 team made tiny tina's so it's not surprising that it's the best.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...loody-harvest/

"A much smaller take on Bloody Harvest was first conceived in 2012 as a Halloween treat, level designer Josh Jeffcoat tells us. It was an idea hatched by Borderlands 2 art director Jeramy Cook and lead creature designer Ruben Cabrera. "They sat down for a couple weeks [to work on the DLC] and then they realized that even if they were to ship it right that second, with the time it would take to get through certification, the soonest it could be released would be about two weeks after Halloween," Jeffcoat says. "So we were all real sad about that. It went back onto the shelf and just sat there for awhile."

Jeffcoat started on the DLC in early 2013, after being asked to finish off what Cook and Cabrera started for an eventual release. He worked on it by himself until he was pulled away to join the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC team, and Bloody Harvest was shelved once again. It stayed that way until July 2013, when half of the Tiny Tina crew, including Jeffcoat, was tasked with polishing the first Headhunter pack up for a Halloween 2013 release."

T.K's Bloody Harvest seems to be a good amount of the Tiny Tina team.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Can you do Tiny Tina's DLC with new characters or do you have to have them levelled to access it?

Caliane

Its level 30.

I had friends talk about auto leveling. its client side so you can cheat.

Be mindful however, there are main story spoilers in it. Its a direct sequel to the main storyline completion.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks. I never actually finished the main play through, but will try it with friends again and then do TT.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tiny Tina's is basically a bridge from End of BL2 storyline to the next DLC (story-wise).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So I just purchased the Season pack and have been mucking around in Tiny Tina's dlc on True Vault Hunter mode. But then I wanted to go back to Normal mode to farm The Warrior for some Elerium. The problem is, I can't seem to find how to start the game as my main character in Normal mode and in vanilla. I always start in Tiny Tina's DLC mode and have to watch the cutscene which can't be skipped. Surely there must be a way from the main menu to tell the game to load up vanilla instead of a dlc?

Edit: Ok, I figured it out. I have to move my True Vault Hunter mode character to the vanilla game in order to be able to load up the normal mode character in the vanilla game. :S

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I think wherever you log out is where the character appears. I used to use that to my advantage to farm the Warrior -- blow through the final zone on Normal, zone in to Warrior's Way, log out and back on in Vault Hunter (was before TVH).

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I downloaded this game and all the DLC and it's one of the better gaming experiences I've had the last few years. The DLC campaigns could comprise a game all their own as each one takes about 10 hours to complete. I haven't completed the main storyline but it seems like the game would be pretty short without all the extra content.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded this game and all the DLC and it's one of the better gaming experiences I've had the last few years. The DLC campaigns could comprise a game all their own as each one takes about 10 hours to complete. I haven't completed the main storyline but it seems like the game would be pretty short without all the extra content.
Its not that short especially when you consider the additional difficulty modes that open up once you beat the game.