Borderlands 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I just realized I purchased on a great a deal the Season Pass, so I have some DLC that I've never played. Just loaded it back up after a year, and started playing. Was fun to see my newly hooked up Xbox controller works seamlessly in the game, but won't use it, as I suck at it. lol

I've got a 35 Assassin and level 12 Siren. Currently working on the Siren, but if anyone wants to burn through some of the DLC for whatever reason, hit me up on Steam: CroneSteam Community :: Crone

I assume you can add friends from the website?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I recently bought this off of Steam in a recent sale (base game plus a bunch of DLCs). Pretty fun game. I take it Ele weapons are the way to go. Any tips or tricks? For bosses, it's pretty much been me kiting dropping DoTs on them ala Necro style.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Try and play with a friend, it makes this game sooooo much better! Other than that, I can't remember specifics enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So I recently bought this off of Steam in a recent sale (base game plus a bunch of DLCs). Pretty fun game. I take it Ele weapons are the way to go. Any tips or tricks? For bosses, it's pretty much been me kiting dropping DoTs on them ala Necro style.

For the most part ele weapons. Though a lot of the characters favor one type or two over the others and get +dmg to them via talents or relics or whatever if I remember right. And as Aaron said, find friends to play with. Game is a lot of fun to just dick around with buddies.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Each element works well against a particular kind of enemy. corrosive against armor, electric against shields, fire against unarmored enemies. Besides that, playing as a mecromancer and getting Anarchy stacks plus "Close enough" plus shotguns is a pretty sick combo. Just make sure to never reload.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Or just play as Zer0 and get the best sniper rifle you can. Head shots make up for the lack of elements the dude is weak to. Do a mix of sniping/cunning tree and wreck fools in 1-2 shots.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Or just play as Zer0 and get the best sniper rifle you can. Head shots make up for the lack of elements the dude is weak to. Do a mix of sniping/cunning tree and wreck fools in 1-2 shots.

I'd say go with this until you can either get death bl0ss0m or many must fall. 1 shotting entire packs who can't do anything back to you is pretty badass

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The limited ammo supply on sniper rifles is a bit of a drag though. Seriously though, Anarchy. 150 stacks grants like +260% damage and -260% accuracy, then close enough causes 50% of shots to ricochet to the closest enemy. You can shoot the ground and kill rakks. Eventually you can increase your stack limit to 400 which is like +700% damage. Grab a rocket launcher when they show up and you can kill most bosses with one shot. But yeah every class is cool in their own way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The limited ammo supply on sniper rifles is a bit of a drag though. Seriously though, Anarchy. 150 stacks grants like +260% damage and -260% accuracy, then close enough causes 50% of shots to ricochet to the closest enemy. You can shoot the ground and kill rakks. Eventually you can increase your stack limit to 400 which is like +700% damage. Grab a rocket launcher when they show up and you can kill most bosses with one shot. But yeah every class is cool in their own way.

You can find some good mods on nexusmods for borderlands 2 also to fix some of the drop issues (ammo etc) along with some unnerfing. I think AR's have a natural penalty to critical strike damage. a big patch that's highly upvoted there apparently removes that penalty too. I've been debating reinstalling 1 and 2 to run through them again with these mods just to check it out.

Alternatively, game is heavily modifiable via Cheat Engine to tweak drop rates on the fly if you ever want without getting into broken godmode shit etc. Even has an effect on multiplayer as long as you're the host.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played through this and all DLC on PS4 last summer with a military buddy. Had a blast. Really looking forward to BL3, hope they keep the MMO/Diablo style mix of rng and grinding.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Borderlands 2 DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is fucking amazing. The wife and I played the shit out of BL2 and BL:TPS and the Assault on Dragon Keep is by far our favorite experience. We're DnD nerds too though...also Mr. Torque.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I am playing through assault on dragon keep for the first time now and it's actually made me laugh a couple of times for real.

I want my whole dnd group to play it now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
free DLC released yesterday along with a new loot rarity. Handsome collection is currently like 6 bucks.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I played the shit out of this back in the day and really, really tried to resist the urge to go back in - but $6? I just ordered on steam

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't really feel like digging up the pre-sequel thread, just wanted to say that I wanted to try it out first before firing up BL2 and something about it really isn't clicking for me. Feels way slower paced than the first two and the oxygen/low gravity mechanic doesn't really add much to the game.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Don't really feel like digging up the pre-sequel thread, just wanted to say that I wanted to try it out first before firing up BL2 and something about it really isn't clicking for me. Feels way slower paced than the first two and the oxygen/low gravity mechanic doesn't really add much to the game.

It was pretty meh all around. Damned Australians.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So does anyone have much experience with UVHM? Because it seems like a pretty absurd slog and a major pita to do solo.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
So does anyone have much experience with UVHM? Because it seems like a pretty absurd slog and a major pita to do solo.
Enemies have hugely inflated health pools (300% ?) over TVHM so you need to have everything constantly slagged or it takes forever to kill it while also doing tons more damage to you. If you don't have a quick way to slag built-in to your kit (like Maya) or are an ez mode character like Gunzerker it makes leveling quite the slog. Sniper Zero having to weapon swap every 10 second to re-apply slag is monotonous.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm playing maya with a bee and an array of elemental sandhawks as well as slag on my phaselock and it still feels like a pita because im so goddamn fragile that I have to play at sniper range (and not just because i need to keep from getting hit to keep my bee charged).