Borderlands 2

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
1) Tiny Tina is phenomenal, Torgue is fun, but rather short. I did however like Captain Scarlett's DLC, leaving Hammerlock's DLC fairly lackluster, but the setting was a nice change of pace.
2) Krieg has his ups and downs. If you're running a melee build, once you get the Release the Beast skill at the capstone, he's unruly and nigh unstoppable, but before then he's a little frustrating. The main downside to a melee Krieg is ANY flying enemies, buzzards, dragons, etc... You can't really utilize his action skill for a flying object and you'll end up getting pissed off that it's damn near unlikely to hit anything while throwing his axe. I'd suggest watching some youtube build videos about Krieg if you want to see what he can do. He also has Light the Fuse that makes you mobile while in fight for your life and you run around throwing dynamite at enemies, while fun at first, it's almost impossible to kill robots/armored units until you can spec and max out +explosion modifiers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played through all of the DLCs yet, but the Scarlett DLC reeks of try too hard. The writing is just horrible and it's obvious they tried to copy BL2's quirk but failed horribly at it. No surprise that Gearbox didn't make that DLC. Also, it's really obvious the voice actor for Captain Scarlett is the same as Lilith, just a British accent thrown on top. Took me a bit to figure out she also does Tannis. So pretty much no one gave a shit for that DLC.

I'm liking Torgue and Tiny Tina DLC so far, haven't tried Hammerlock's yet.

Krieg's fire tree is fun...as long as you don't face enemies that are fire resistant. Once you manage to set yourself on fire, it's really easy to just walk around and let raving retribution kill everything for you. They should have changed that skill and the +burn damage skill to +elemental damage. Way too many armored enemies in this game that just shrug off fire damage. A caustic weapon will handle them, but your healing and survivability will be much reduced. Gaige's electric tree has the same problem(anarchy is more fun anyway).

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Alright, so it sounds like I can just get Tiny Tina and Torgue and skip all the rest unless I just get super super into it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sure...but do they cost less alone than the season pass? Season pass has the level boost too(or is it the UVH mode?).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked all the DLC personally. Since each only takes like 4 hours to do everything I'd say its worth your time to do them all. My ranking is probably similar to most:

1) Tina
2) Torgue
3) Scarlet
4) Hammerlock

I have a love/hate relationship with playing Mechromancer. It is annoying when you first start up and you have to grind away to get enough Anarchy stacks then once you get enough stacks she turns insanely fun by just walking up to enemies and shooting them in the gut.

spronk

FPS noob
if you play on pc you can get the borderlands 2 save game editor and the something.bin (?) editor which lets you just give yourself 100 golden keys, so you don't have to do the stupid shit with typing keys in. The save game editor is nice for trying out all the classes, I have no desire to play the game 4 times so I just cloned my character when I finished the game so I could try out the DLCs with other classes. Haven't actually played the DLCs yet (tried starting Hammerlock, it was pretty lame).

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Sure...but do they cost less alone than the season pass? Season pass has the level boost too(or is it the UVH mode?).
Season pass doesn't have the level boost. It just has the 4 story DLCs.

Krieg, Gaige and UVHM mode (which includes the level cap boost) are all their own purchase. Oh, and the extra arena that came with the Gamespot pre-order and all the custom skins/heads are separate purchases also if we're being completist.

And while I'm posting anyway, I can second (or third... or ninth) what everyone else is saying about the DLC. Tina is far and away the best, followed by Torgue, then Scarlet, with Hammerlock in a distant fourth.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Season pass doesn't have the level boost. It just has the 4 story DLCs.

Krieg, Gaige and UVHM mode (which includes the level cap boost) are all their own purchase. Oh, and the extra arena that came with the Gamespot pre-order and all the custom skins/heads are separate purchases also if we're being completist.

And while I'm posting anyway, I can second (or third... or ninth) what everyone else is saying about the DLC. Tina is far and away the best, followed by Torgue, then Scarlet, with Hammerlock in a distant fourth.
Uh, UVHM is definitely part of the season pass.

Tenks

Yeah UVHM is included in the season pass but the psycho character is not

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
1) Torque and Tiny Tina were great. The other older 2 not so much. I haven't played the most recent one either - I'll be picking it up soon.
2) Honestly he doesn't sound that fun to me - it just sounds like a lot of suiciding.
I found him to be fun as hell. He really is ridiculously powerful for everything up until UVHM. Having your action skill up almost 100% of the time and one shotting everything with your thrown axes that heal you fully whenever you hit something = win. Haven't had much luck with the fire tree, though.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
i have axton and krieg in UVHM and krieg is way more powerful with release the beast. Unless it's flying guys, then you are fucked.

Also, UVHM is terrible anyways.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Personally I think all the dlc's are worth doing, Tina reigns supreme, torque is absolutely amazing, And scarlett and hammerlock both have some good funny parts and some slow lame parts - I found hammerlocks dlc got far more entertaining at the end than the beginning and the ending was good.

If you like borderlands 2, which you should, its just a game worth playing. The DLC's take quite a bit longer on higher difficulty levels than the quoted 4 hours if you're interested in exploring around and doing all the quests.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to mention that the Sandhawk, one of the couple majorly overpowered guns comes from Scarlett's.

Caliane

I liked all the DLC personally. Since each only takes like 4 hours to do everything I'd say its worth your time to do them all. My ranking is probably similar to most:

1) Tina
2) Torgue
3) Scarlet
4) Hammerlock

I have a love/hate relationship with playing Mechromancer. It is annoying when you first start up and you have to grind away to get enough Anarchy stacks then once you get enough stacks she turns insanely fun by just walking up to enemies and shooting them in the gut.
yeah, or alternatively, you skill up your pet, wherein you press the "g" go kill everything button. and sit there while your pet... kills everything. 90% of the time my play leveling my mechano is, spawning the robot. Running around opening chests while he clears the map.

Tenks

Yeah I'm level 55 doing UVHM and I don't think I'm going to progress. Constantly getting murdered and losing all my Anarchy stacks isn't my idea of fun.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
UVHM is supposedly a co-op mode, but they hamfisted it by boosting slag's duration and damage buff. Not sure I like that, all the "raid" bosses were bad enough.

Unrelated: bosses or even tough enemies(like constructors) that can't be set on fire. Basically neuters krieg's fire tree when you face enemies like this. Maya has the same problem with phaselock.

Caliane

Odd.

Overall, I find it to be a huge improvement over bl1.
Little things like menus and the like.

guns seem a bit more balanced.
Those improvements on the farming game.
Achievements and challenges.

Some problems still exist. There is a bit of cross purpose in its co-op mp nature, and its story driven, and exploration driven gameplay. totally at odds. one player wanting to go one way, while you search for hidden chests, etc.

Tenks

My issue is Knoxx in BL1 gave me some good single player content. I don't think that really has a place here in BL2. And since everything scales and rapes in UVHM you can't even try and farm a few levels back if you get unlucky and get shitty weapons. And like Deathwing said in UVHM you basically have to slag the enemies first then switch to a different weapon. I find it rather tedious and that is even with Mechro who is probably the best at doing that with ricochet bullets.