Borderlands 3

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I still don't understand why devs let their company bully them into death marching. I learned my lesson after the first job and haven't done one since. Give your estimates based on a proper work week and when they push back just repeat that your estimate is accurate and that is what you will do. When they tell you to stay late or try to give you more work say no and just leave.

The worst they can do is fire you, and who gives a shit, it is a game development job. There are plenty for you to churn through and worst case scenario you have to get a real job that pays more. It has worked fine for me so far, but then again I am good at my job.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well, Im not installing yet another fucking launcher on my computer.Torrent and single player seems the way to go through the "story", then down the road when steam has a sale on it I will get it for casual coop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don’t know much beyond this, but this seems cool:

That video is disingenuous as fuck.

Tim Sweeney's money goes toward his own charitable endeavours, not Fortnite money. He did this before Fortnite was even a thing.

If you spend money on the EGS or Fortnite it's going toward Epic, no-where else.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The video assumed you were intelligent enough to understand that they weren’t making the claim that if you spent $10 on Fortnite that you were donating $10 to Sweeney’s land preservation efforts. It pointed out that not everyone is Randy Pitchford.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Wage

Molten Core Raider
For everyone that is adamant that they will never use the Epic storefront, there is a very good chance that all future Rockstar games will be doing Epic exclusives as well.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Purely speculation honestly. But before BL3 was even announced there were a lot of rumblings it was going to end up an Epic exclusive due to some relationships building between Take-Two and Epic. And then here we are today. I have a feeling when and if Red Dead comes to PC, its going to be a timed Epic exclusive.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Purely speculation honestly. But before BL3 was even announced there were a lot of rumblings it was going to end up an Epic exclusive due to some relationships building between Take-Two and Epic. And then here we are today. I have a feeling when and if Red Dead comes to PC, its going to be a timed Epic exclusive.

When searching for red dead and epic store I see a few rumor mill articles that reference 4chan but nothing definite. I guess we'll see. That would be have to be one huge bribe by epic to get Red Dead as an exclusive. Being exclusive to the epic store only hurts sales for these games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Those games draw players though no matter the platform, and the additional profit because of the better cut eats significantly into the 'lost sales not being on platform ___' equation.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those games draw players though no matter the platform, and the additional profit because of the better cut eats significantly into the 'lost sales not being on platform ___' equation.
The huge piles of cash epic is bribing them with is how they're being compensated.

• 1Worf

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The bribe can't compete with what GTA5 for example is still doing on Steam. Between RP/Expansions/Quality of the Singleplayer. It prints money at soft discounts (never cheaper than 25?). Unless Epic's bribes keeps customers in their launcher, its not a long term winning strategy. The Epic store has to provide more cash than lost sales from not being on Steam. Getting even 15% more per sale on Epic clearly has a break point with how many missed sales being on Steam would bring. The Epic store seems to be a bad deal for the AAA of AAA games like GTA5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For everyone that is adamant that they will never use the Epic storefront, there is a very good chance that all future Rockstar games will be doing Epic exclusives as well.

CODEX and CPY exist for just such this reason. Thanks newsgroups!

• 1Solidarity

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I work 50+ hours a week many, many times a year in an industry not nearly as cool as gaming. Being low (honestly being middle is worse in many ways a lot of the time) on any corporate ladder fucking sucks but goddamn, you’re working on a AAA game. Cmon. I can’t speak to the environment, really, none of us truly can but I agree that seems like a little bit of a whiny faux whistleblower type shit. Your boss is a dick? Lmao welcome to the working world man.

Regarding the pirate build release and what Tarrant said, is it realistically possible a dev team could secure a side build from a highly protected and supervised internal project, threaten release beforehand, then *actually* release it without anyone seeing serious legal consequence? I don’t know what security is like in development/gaming studios, but I’d imagine it’s pretty difficult to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What makes Tim Sweeney 'not nice'?
According to that video, he's a tree hugging druid.

The video assumed you were intelligent enough to understand that they weren’t making the claim that if you spent $10 on Fortnite that you were donating $10 to Sweeney’s land preservation efforts. It pointed out that not everyone is Randy Pitchford.

I assume this requires you to endure the entire six minutes of this Hagiography, because that part didn't occur during the first three minutes when I had to stop because it just was more of the same.

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Real or not, gunna pirate this game the instant it's available.

With the amount of online hacks available at this point, pirating a mostly online game doesn't even gimp you anymore.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that posts seems SUPER whiny and entitled and probably not even real. no doubt pritchford is a maniac, but if you work for a company anything YOU make for them is NOT YOUR PROPERTY. you can't just take some software and threaten to release it for free. you will absolutely get fired, fined, and possibly jail time.

secondly, wtf. you're pissed about working conditions? call the actual appropriate authorities instead of trying to kidnap software (at worst) or whining about it on social media (at best).