Borderlands 3

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they'd need to really fuck up BL3 to be comparable to Anthem. And from the looks of it, they went with "BL2 but with better movement and more character customization(via weapons and skills)", so it's gonna be real hard to fuck that one up. Even if the story sucks, there's still a good chance the game's good just because it's fun to shoot at stuff and hunt for stupid ass weapons to make builds that just melt everything around you.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pitchford makes me want to pirate this game. Seriously, fuck him.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah they'd need to really fuck up BL3 to be comparable to Anthem. And from the looks of it, they went with "BL2 but with better movement and more character customization(via weapons and skills)", so it's gonna be real hard to fuck that one up. Even if the story sucks, there's still a good chance the game's good just because it's fun to shoot at stuff and hunt for stupid ass weapons to make builds that just melt everything around you.

Pre-sequel managed to be boring as shit

• 3Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Pre-sequel managed to be boring as shit

I think that has a lot to do with the gameplay decisions they made. So many errand/backtracking quests that made you sick of going back and forth that you just wanted to end the pain and skip any and all side missions just to get more of the story. And even then, I think pre-sequel still managed to make main story missions have a lot of collecting bear asses style of shit that wasn't even mission critical. I think a scientist wants you to recover something minor or something before he'll unlock a door.

Where in BL2 and even 1 (1 had a bit of the backtracking too, but not nearly as bad), it was Main story + quests in the same general area while you were there.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Never saw this posted

I remain sceptical, “gameplay reveal” with no ui and only seconds of said gameplay footage isn’t sitting well with me. I am jaded, true, however their track record since borderlands 2 has been ugly and something about how they are marketing it right now is bothering me.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Really needs a crazy story and character approach like BL2 and yes, Randy Pitchford really needs to calm down. And those Epic exclusive deal compared to the 100 USD STD+4 DLC price, I don't know where this is headed...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remain sceptical, “gameplay reveal” with no ui and only seconds of said gameplay footage isn’t sitting well with me. I am jaded, true, however their track record since borderlands 2 has been ugly and something about how they are marketing it right now is bothering me.
At the game play event they literally had hundreds of people playing two of the four characters for hours and were streaming it on various platforms. I am not sure how much more of a reveal they could reveal short of the game already being 100% finished.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Dood, that gameplay and the boss models looked pretty cool. I was originally meh but the more I see, the more excited I get. Especially when they flash the different gun models and skins, it gets my loot juices flowing.

I am reservedly excited.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

I haven't seen this posted yet. I remain skeptical. It doesn't look like Borderlands at all to me. The Mech looks fun to run but ... this is wrong and will not be a blind purchase for me - will have to watch trailers or even play demo to buy - and I love the series.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I haven't seen this posted yet. I remain skeptical. It doesn't look like Borderlands at all to me. The Mech looks fun to run but ... this is wrong and will not be a blind purchase for me - will have to watch trailers or even play demo to buy - and I love the series.

How does this not look like Borderlands to you?

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I'll be touching this one.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How does this not look like Borderlands to you?
Well enemies being damage sponges doesn't look very Borderlands, unless you're playing higher difficulties with garbage gear. It's usually more fast paced. That said that could just be balance in the current build being shit or the character being speced like shit(wasn't hard to spec entirely into non damage options in BL2 and kill shit slow as fuck) and so on. Other than that looked alright. Not interested in that character though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
free DLC for 2 is out today, get it now as it is only free for a couple weeks. It takes place after 2 and ties into the story for 3.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well enemies being damage sponges doesn't look very Borderlands, unless you're playing higher difficulties with garbage gear. It's usually more fast paced. That said that could just be balance in the current build being shit or the character being speced like shit(wasn't hard to spec entirely into non damage options in BL2 and kill shit slow as fuck) and so on. Other than that looked alright. Not interested in that character though.
This. Gameplay looks different as do graphics. Model design is different, rounded and not enough dakka. Colors and sound. Looked more like Splatoon/Plants versus Zombies. Overabundance of women - not gay, just trends have me cautious.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed all their names, even pre sequel so it’s day one for me. If I get burned so be it I’ll know for next time but after three great games (for me) in the franchise there’s been little reason to prevent me from day one.

• 1Like