Borderlands 3

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, for sure. I think trials are more fun, thats why I recommended it. Not the fastest though. Also, playing offline is much faster, you get 18 times the exp bonus, still, for some reason I'll never understand.

Offline:

View attachment 225261

Online:

View attachment 225262

Where do you see info like this and how do you play the game offline?

I noticed they did more nerfs today, including FL4K who I am playing as. Been predominantly solo so I might as well go offline.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That's mayhem info that shows up on map. You can go offline by disabling your network adapter or unplugging it, launch game, let it time out trying to sign you in, and just play. Reenqble network after you're in game. Remember next time you run online choose to play your local game save, and not cloud one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's mayhem info that shows up on map. You can go offline by disabling your network adapter or unplugging it, launch game, let it time out trying to sign you in, and just play. Reenqble network after you're in game. Remember next time you run online choose to play your local game save, and not cloud one.
Wtf.....so I haven't even been playing offline? I literally have to disable the network adapter and that increases the XP?

So fucking dumb.

• 1Like

italica

Trakanon Raider
Why would they even make it so you get 900% more exp when offline anyhow?

Don't think it was on purpose. You have to pay it back though I think? People went into negative guardian ranks because of earning excessive xp offline, then when they went online it tried to correct itself or something? I don't know if that got addressed yet.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wtf.....so I haven't even been playing offline? I literally have to disable the network adapter and that increases the XP?

So fucking dumb.

Yea.
Don't think it was on purpose. You have to pay it back though I think? People went into negative guardian ranks because of earning excessive xp offline, then when they went online it tried to correct itself or something? I don't know if that got addressed yet.

Yes, but not anymore. You dont go negative and if you were negative, they 0ed you out lol

• 1Truth!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I keep having to rebuy my bank and overflow space SDU's, game was definitely rushed and I think it might be impressive it worked out all.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone playing FL4K and tell me what build *hasn't* been nerfed? Seems like the Fade Away build was the strong one but got nerfed yesterday.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Other than FL4K what other vaulthunters to choose after the last batch of patches for someone who just started playing?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Other than FL4K what other vaulthunters to choose after the last batch of patches for someone who just started playing?

I know Moze has some infinite grenade build that is super powerful. It got nerfed yesterday but Admiral Bahroo put up a video showing it still works fine.
That is end game stuff. Zane is super bugged, from what I've read. Haven't heard anything bad about the Siren?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Leveling with Fl4k using a pet build was super fun.

I didn't bother with the fade away stuff until 50. The pets can't handle mayhem 3 very well but are solid for your initial playthrough.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have played nothing but Amara, she's a beast in my build with the right guns and stuff, and I think she still has a 2-3 hit melee kill build. I don't like the melee though personally.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Finally beat the campaign last night.

The game is a whole lot more enjoyable on mayhem 1, especially since I don't have some cunty brain ghost talking to me all the time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Plot wise things are in a weird place by the end of the game. The main crux of the games narrative is completed, but there's a lot of plot threads that are left open for the DLC.

BL2 ended with the revelation that the Pandoran key was actually a map to all these other vaults and a promise to open up the game to travelling around the 6 galaxies.

BL3 doesn't have quite as strong a teaser built into it. Just a vague notion about the Eridians and where they came from in the first place and how they managed to first unleash the huge creatures they eventually contained in the vaults..

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
After beating the campaign and starting mayhem 1 (at level 40), is finishing all of my side quests what I want to be doing? I just want to get to 50 as fast as possible so I actually start caring about the loot.

• 1Solidarity

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
When I finished the campaign I think I was 37, then I immediately moved to Mayhem 2. The first zone I loaded up was tough with the weapons I had, but it didn't take very long to completely replace my loadout and make mobs much more manageable. I've been going from zone to zone picking up sidequests that I skipped to work my way to 50. As soon as I get to 50, there are a few things I know I want to get at 50 before restarting at TVHM.

For my first playthrough (Zane), I was doing every sidequest I came across until I started to outlevel the main story missions. For my second playthrough (Fl4k), I only did enough sidequests to keep the story missions at my level. Both times I ended up finished at 37.

• 1Like