Borderlands 3

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Day one for me.
Anyone else think the "older" hunter looks awfully jack-like?
Oh and Brick sax solo was epic as was his stache

Maybe thats body double Jack from 2.5? He does use what looks like a holo double at 0:42.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They sure do know how to make a trailer.

How is this the only video game series that fucking understands how to make a trailer?

Whoever makes the trailers for Borderlands needs to teach a class on making trailers so we can get more like it.

Also, the music for their trailers is always sooooo good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like Cage the Elephant, but their use of Short Change Hero by The Heavy in the Borderlands 2 intro is my favorite.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its kinda funny the same cell shading that keeps BL1 and look pretty solid even without the ultra HD and still hold up replay wise after so many years is also the thing that makes it hard to tell any big graphical upgrades in a new version because the very nature of the cell shaded look kinda masks that.
Dunno, the textures and lighting got a clear upgrade in BL3 at least to my eyes after playing BL2 recently. Looks damn nice.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Trailer is great and they deserve my money day 1 because BL1 and 2 were both great.

BUT don't pretend this was their best trailer. 2's was hot fire and even the new one pales in comparison.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still like that BL3 teaser trailer more than any of the excellent trailers presented here. Its short, with a great song that does exactly what it should do... make you curious about the game.

I hope that the bad guys in BL3 aren't a cliche duo where you have a smart one and a dumb one, with the player turning one against the other. Seen that too many times. Let them be equals and 100% working together.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Gearbox is up there with (old) Blizzard when it comes to awesome trailers and in game movies.

This one is up there:

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be very hard to top the first 2 games.

• 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing through BL2 again, and to be honest... right now, the game is pretty ass. Lots of little things that are just tedious, like ammo/cash not being autolooted or so many guns with really unnecessary scopes that zoom in too much. I think Destiny may have spoiled me in terms of gunplay / QoL stuff.

• 1Picard

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Playing through BL2 again, and to be honest... right now, the game is pretty ass. Lots of little things that are just tedious, like ammo/cash not being autolooted or so many guns with really unnecessary scopes that zoom in too much. I think Destiny may have spoiled me in terms of gunplay / QoL stuff.

I recommend that anyone who goes back and plays BL2/Pre-sequel makes sure to install the community patch. It adds most QoL things in that fixes things people complain about.

Particularly the ammo/money/eridium auto pickup stuff.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I recommend that anyone who goes back and plays BL2/Pre-sequel makes sure to install the community patch. It adds most QoL things in that fixes things people complain about.
I'll look at it, but I don't really like using mods that change so much of the basic game.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'll look at it, but I don't really like using mods that change so much of the basic game.

It's all changes that you really don't feel other than QOL stuff and slight number tweaks/adjustments to talents (some talents are combined or given more or less % changes) It's a very well made mod that feels like something the devs should have done

It's not like a major overhaul mod or anything. Plus if you play with friends and host it, they'll have the same tweaks when they connect so they dont have to also download it. It's a big thing im hoping they keep in BL3 so server can controls clients the same way.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I got it on sale or as part of some bundle. It was alright and I don’t regret playing it.

• 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I never touched the pre-sequel. That one worth playing or am I better off replaying 1/2?

I'd say go through it at least once. But it's production quality feels a little lower just due to the shock of nothing but australian accents + stupid oxygen system. However, the game play is still mostly up there and I have a feeling if you mod it right with the community patch and some other QOL things it would be fine. I'm tempted to replay it again actually.

One thing I will give the Pre-sequel credit for is the ability to play as Claptrap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If it is an Epic exclusive then I will be pirating it.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users