Borderlands 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
the "machine' that you use to activate mayhem 1 has all three tiers (like an olympic medal platform). I started with 2 to see how hard it would be. I was determined to not have to downgrade to 1 even though it took me quite a long time to clear the first area. I've never gone back to bump up to 3, but I may have to try that before restarting for TVHM.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I guess I might as well try Mayhem 3 right out of the gate then. I'm playing as Moze and dumped a bunch of points in grenades because I got some grenade that spawns a bunch of hovering MIRV grenades that spam shock damage. The grenade is only level 29, but fucking wrecks rooms of trash. I bought the critical chance for grenades perk and the one that has like a 6% chance to refill ammo, too. I can chuck all 11 grenades into a crowd and be back to full in like 5 seconds.

I'm kind of bummed that I can't upgrade the level of an item, but I guess that's the point. Hopefully a higher level one drops soon.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Go Offline, set it to mayhem 3, kill graveward for 250k exp a pop.

Should take you about ,20-30 min to do 40-50.

Or if you don't care about modded games join the Borderlands discord and look for people in their LFG channel advertising boost games. You can join right from discord. I hopped into a Cistern game with a level 8 Zane and hit 50 in about 3 minutes.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Random tip I saw on the Borderlands reddit that works quite nicely for TVHM and additional playthroughs:

When you have a quest step with a checkbox, if the check is in the box and you are stuck listening to a bunch of stupid dialogue you can't skip just quit to desktop and reload, you will now be on the next step. Just make sure you aren't quitting the game before the box is checked or you have to sit through the drivel again.

Skipped a ton of stupid Ava and Tyreen nonsense on my TVHM playthrough that way.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Did Slaughterstar 3000 tonight and man that was rough. Finishing it with all the bonuses resulted in very disappointing loot... real kick in the dick.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Did Slaughterstar 3000 tonight and man that was rough. Finishing it with all the bonuses resulted in very disappointing loot... real kick in the dick.

Yeah, I have been quite disappointed in all the post game things like this. Like, I can get 10-12 legs on a Slaughter 3k run but it's long, and a lot of work. Better off just killing/farming bosses.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whew, turned it up to Mayhem 2 last night and was farming loot tinks for about an hour and a half. NOW I'm enjoying my looter-shooter.

When I was looking for farm spots, I saw that the whole infinite moze mirv grenade thing is a known.....bug? exploit? It sounds like the grenades that i've been using are farmable from somewhere, but I couldn't find where. Can anyone tell me where to get a new drop that is at my current level? I forgot to take a screenshot before I went to bed last night, but these little fuckers home in on their target and then launch 4 little firefly grenades that shoot lightning bolts at everything around them.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The devs said it was a "bug" when they slightly nerfed it but there is apparently a loading screen tip that says to try out Moze's infinite grenade build...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I finally finished my project for the next few weeks and got this today. I have soda, beer, and a package of socks, so I am ready to go.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We were feeling very cocky on Mayhem 1 so we jumped things up to Mayhem 3 last night and promptly got Annointed Assraped while trying to go farm a one pump chump, so backed off to Mayhem 2 for now.

Still giggling like school girls when we encounter some of these legs. Avoiding the gun-spoilers has made this lots more fun as we have no idea what we will run into or what the 'best' build is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Mirv HEX grenades + 18-shot Tediore shotgun as Moze means I can usually get 20 shots off before the grenades die out and I have to reload. Instant facemelt on gigamind farming last night.

It's a bummer that I couldn't get this to work on Graveward. I'm going to try farming Troy tonight.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone know a good zone/area to run to take advantage of the Rare Spawn bonus week going on?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
if you are looking just to fight a bunch of fucking mobs Electra City is your place.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So just finished my second playthrough, this time solo using Moze. Holy crap. She is better than Zane in nearly every way.

I'm betting that if I get her up to 50 and start playing her with my buddy co-op (instead of Zane) it'll be night and day in terms of challenge.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The level design in this game is AMAZING. I've stopped to enjoy the scenery and lighting multiple times. So awesome. PC/Ultra/Badass quality.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So just finished my second playthrough, this time solo using Moze. Holy crap. She is better than Zane in nearly every way.

I'm betting that if I get her up to 50 and start playing her with my buddy co-op (instead of Zane) it'll be night and day in terms of challenge.
I started with Moze and I'm afraid to try another character now. I jumped straight in to Mayhem1, then Mayhem3 a day later. Grenade spam FTW. I also got one of those "It's all Ogre now..." gatling gun grenade launcher things and it's basically bottomless mags that refills all my grenades as well.

Still looking for a level 50 legendary recurring HEX grenade though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What does the diamond on artifacts mean? Which stats are permanent passives, and which ones only take effect on an action ( like a slide or slam)?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I started with Moze and I'm afraid to try another character now. I jumped straight in to Mayhem1, then Mayhem3 a day later. Grenade spam FTW. I also got one of those "It's all Ogre now..." gatling gun grenade launcher things and it's basically bottomless mags that refills all my grenades as well.

Still looking for a level 50 legendary recurring HEX grenade though.

I've got a new L50 Moze. No nade stuff yet, but I have a legendary nuclear Ludya and a legendary Flakker. Flakker reminds me of this scene

It is very short range but it will clear out a crowd pretty quickly.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I found a legendary hex and a legendary MIRV Hex. My strat now is to lob 15 in and wait.

giphy (44).gif

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I still havent found a Hex, but I did get a Carrier and that is easily my new favorite weapon. So many explosions + StarCraft feelz