Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I thought the only DLC that Gearbox did internally was Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep? I know Randy Pitchford made a big deal about it being done by internal Gearbox when it was released.

Captain Scarlett and Sir Hammerlock was outsourced to Triptych, Mr Torgue was outsourced to The Workshop.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't mind Scarlett or Torgue, although Torgue did get old quickly. Hammerlock was terribad though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Maybe its because we didn't play Tiny Tina until much later, but we laughed our asses off when playing Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue and just found the last one to be "okay".

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really? I bought them all much later when the season pass was complete and on sale. I played them through release order and still found Tiny Tina the best by far.

The problem I had with Scarlett was reusing a very noticeable voice actor from another major character in the game. The humor felt forced and fuck that sand skiff.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I still have some hope for this game as Anthony Burch is the lead writer and I enjoyed BL2 and Assault on Dragon's Keep. Also, the concept of taking characters and watching them turn into villains as a prequel sounds interesting and ripe for some good storytelling.

If I had the time, I would day-one this game. But I don't, so I'll be looking to you folks to get your opinions on the quality.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wish they would just go and make this into an MMO already. I would be so down for that. It what Destiny needed to be but wasnt.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish they would just go and make this into an MMO already. I would be so down for that. It what Destiny needed to be but wasnt.
I agree. From Borderlands 1 through 2 and all the DLC combined a MMO is right there, waiting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Really? I bought them all much later when the season pass was complete and on sale. I played them through release order and still found Tiny Tina the best by far.

The problem I had with Scarlett was reusing a very noticeable voice actor from another major character in the game. The humor felt forced and fuck that sand skiff.
Tiny Tina was the best, but Mr. Torgue was funny as shit

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Are they keeping the item mechanics the same as in BL2 ?

My problem is that most guns felt "off" in handling, which was intentional, but shooting things with inferior weapons just because the game was deliberately designed to do that makes me stop playing. Then there's the bullshit leveling formula where everything above certain level is nigh on unkillable and below not worth killing and +1 on your level magically fixes that. I felt that they needed some item customization really badly instead of being at mercy of RNG all the time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I believe enemies/loot would scale to your level for the DLC zones but I think all the storyline zones had pre-defined level ranges.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
I feel like I am waay too excited about this but borderlands hasn't failed me yet! Also is there any point to getting the season pass right now ?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I believe enemies/loot would scale to your level for the DLC zones but I think all the storyline zones had pre-defined level ranges.
No, they were both the same. Everything had a pre-determined level until playthrough 2.5 where it all scaled to your level. There wasn't any difference between vanilla and DLC

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel like I am waay too excited about this but borderlands hasn't failed me yet! Also is there any point to getting the season pass right now ?
Season pass is cheaper than the DLC one by one. However it's more than the DLC one year from now during a steam sale, so kind of a matter of wether you think you'll play the DLCs as they release or just plan to revisit the game later when all the DLCs have been released(and I guess wether or not you play on PC).

I want to pick this up but Grimrock 2 releases at the same time which should probably get me occupied for a solid week, and then FFXIV 2.4 update is going to hit soonish so I think I'll pass for now and pick it up later, hopefully winter sale(but not that likely, we'll see though).

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I really loved BL 1 and 2 but was on the fence about this...I felt like it was just a cash grab. Then after the abortion that is colonial marines and then seeing the absolute asshattery from burch and pritchford during gamergate I decided not to pick it up.
frown.png